E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My New Car : ) E93 330d Lci & Remap Question

03-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
J80WYA
England
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 3 SERIES 330D

Question My New Car : ) E93 330d Lci & Remap Question

Hi Guys!

Time has come where I need some more power haven't had a remap done on any previous vehicles so im umming and arring a bit but looking on here it looks fairly safe bet that im going to like the results.

Has anyone got a E93 330D LCI that's had a REMAP, if you could let me know how you got on and the general drive of the vehicle after id really appreciate it.

Also are these loaded onto your OBC or are they like a Bluefin component where they are physically plugged-in and left in your glovebox?

Ive been looking and they are roughly around £300-£400? does this sound about right?

Only have one pic at the moment when I fitted my plates, will get some more up soon (Hope you like!):

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
J80WYA
England
Rep

Just to let you know im based in Chelmsford Essex, so any recommendations to a place near me would be great, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
I've got an E91 330d LCI and had it remapped about 15 months / 20.000km ago. Result pursuant to the dyno was 306hp / 650 Nm torque. Drives very nicely, I'm absolutely happy with it.

And yes, it was a flash tune and not a piggy back. I had it remapped in Germany, obviously, at McChip / DKR but I would expect the same maps are also sold in the UK. I paid about 700 EUR for it.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      03-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
timp7748
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 335d Sport

I had my 330d remapped last week by Celtic Tuning in Cornwall. Not had it on the dyno yet as they was having it serviced however I should be able to get a read out this weekend.

All I can say is the car is fast... proper fast! The torque is instant and doesn't stop. It feels like a petrol car. I had a E46 M3 in the past and this thing covers distances just as quick and if not quicker. Plus I still average over 50mpg on my commute. Couldn't be happier.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
Music XD
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Welcome Do you ever drive through Brentwood? I'm sure I recognise your plate!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
timp7748
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 335d Sport

By the way, on the LCI 330d the ecu needs to be removed so I'd imagine the Bluefin wouldn't be compatible. Maybe wrong though.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
Tichx
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by J80WYA View Post
Hi Guys!

Time has come where I need some more power haven't had a remap done on any previous vehicles so im umming and arring a bit but looking on here it looks fairly safe bet that im going to like the results.

Has anyone got a E93 330D LCI that's had a REMAP, if you could let me know how you got on and the general drive of the vehicle after id really appreciate it.

Also are these loaded onto your OBC or are they like a Bluefin component where they are physically plugged-in and left in your glovebox?

Ive been looking and they are roughly around £300-£400? does this sound about right?

Only have one pic at the moment when I fitted my plates, will get some more up soon (Hope you like!):

I have the DMS Automotive Re-map, it is much quicker on acceleration and smooth across the REV range.. (I have a 335D E92).
here is their site and you can see the values you can acheive..
http://www.dmsautomotive.com/perform...a.php?make=bmw

ta.
      03-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #8
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by J80WYA
Just to let you know im based in Chelmsford Essex, so any recommendations to a place near me would be great, thanks!
In that case kindly leave your keys on top of the passenger front wheel, il drop my car off to you and a few grand and il take it off your hands lol, im in chelmsford aswel havent seen you drivin about yet but sure i will, you have exactly what im after next.

Edited to say that AMD in thurrock are supposed to be the best round here, go on their site, you get a rolling road before and after and if your unhappy with the results they take the map off and dont charge you a penny. Ive always been on the fence about getting a remap done but i know alot of people that have done with no problems at all.

I am probably wrong but did they not make a 335d e93 because of too much torque for the chassis, so a remapped 330d would probably produce more torque than a standard 335d would?
      03-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #9
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

My 330d LCI was remapped by DMS - it was an excellent map which took it to 305bhp. The acceleration was very impressive as was the way the remap did it !

I would recommend DMS without hesitation - though they do cost more than most ! I paid £595 for mine - they came to me and then rolling roaded it a week or two later for nothing.

The ECU comes out. They did my modification in about an hour or so.

Very worthwhile - though the LCI 330d is not lacking in power to begin with !
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 04:08 AM   #10
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I am probably wrong but did they not make a 335d e93 because of too much torque for the chassis, so a remapped 330d would probably produce more torque than a standard 335d would?
I think that's a bullshit statement, as the e93 m3 shares the same chassis.
      03-13-2014, 07:18 AM   #11
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I think that's a bullshit statement, as the e93 m3 shares the same chassis.
It probably is its only what ive read on here, thought the 35d had more torque than the m3?

Just had a quick look and the m3 has 400nm and the 330d has 520nm
      03-13-2014, 07:25 AM   #12
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Regardless, things are not designed to such small tolerances!

I was looking at a heavily modified e46 M3 running just shy of 1000bhp last year at a show and (rather obviously!) no "chassis" modifications.

You might be confusing what your reading with people commenting on "what the chassis can handle". That doesn't mean the car is going to tear itself in 2. Generally speaking, what it means is the car will struggle to get the power down in a composed fashion.

You'll destroy the drivetrain and diff if you start trying to put silly torque through standard items - the chassis won't complain. But again, even the standard equipment has a design loading and a maximum permissable loading - figures which are usually some distance apart so as to ensure minimal failures under normal conditions.
      03-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #13
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Regardless, things are not designed to such small tolerances!

I was looking at a heavily modified e46 M3 running just shy of 1000bhp last year at a show and (rather obviously!) no "chassis" modifications.

You might be confusing what your reading with people commenting on "what the chassis can handle". That doesn't mean the car is going to tear itself in 2. Generally speaking, what it means is the car will struggle to get the power down in a composed fashion.

You'll destroy the drivetrain and diff if you start trying to put silly torque through standard items - the chassis won't complain. But again, even the standard equipment has a design loading and a maximum permissable loading - figures which are usually some distance apart so as to ensure minimal failures under normal conditions.
I havent said the chassis cant handle the torque, im simply saying that bmw didnt make a e93 335d as it has too much torque for the chassis, only what ive read on here.
      03-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #14
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Get yourself to BW Chiptune in Hayes, West London ... Tell them Mega sent you!

ell over 300bhp achievable on that car, but I believe the ECU is encrypted therefore it's a "chip out" job. Takes a bit more time than usual so a slightly higher cost, circa 500 all in with remaps before and after. If it's through the OBDII socket then it's 350 or so all in.

Note: Some other companies charge 4 figures for this car.
      03-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #15
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
^^ as above

Or you can say Russ from BMWowner sent you instead! LOL! I always use them for my cars (debating getting the 335 done tbh...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
I havent said the chassis cant handle the torque, im simply saying that bmw didnt make a e93 335d as it has too much torque for the chassis, only what ive read on here.
Now that makes no sense at all! "I'm not saying the chassis can't handle the torque, I'm just saying I've read the chassis can't handle the torque". WTF?!

@ Reece - ok, that's fine, but just because you read something on a forum doesn't mean it's true - and you don't need to pass that little nugget of info on without knowing if it's correct or not, nor substantiate yourself after doing so. Let's just put that aside as a bit of information that's almost certainly spurious, and move on.

Last edited by Russbmw; 03-13-2014 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #16
BIFCAIDS
Bird Flu and Cat Aids combined
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M-Sport+ MPPSK E92 M3

*hijack*

But Im thinking of having my 325d remapped but theres a Bluefin in the house doing nothing with a map for a SEAT Leon Cupra K1. Someone mentioned something about plug and play and an 'actual' remap... Whats the difference or isn't there one?
      03-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #17
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
^^ as above

Or you can say Russ from BMWowner sent you instead! LOL! I always use them for my cars (debating getting the 335 done tbh...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
Now that makes no sense at all! "I'm not saying the chassis can't handle the torque, I'm just saying I've read the chassis can't handle the torque". WTF?!

@ Reece - ok, that's fine, but just because you read something on a forum doesn't mean it's true - and you don't need to pass that little nugget of info on without knowing if it's correct or not, nor substantiate yourself after doing so. Let's just put that aside as a bit of information that's almost certainly spurious, and move on.
If you read my first post i said im probably wrong, and its info ive read in here, there was a thread about a month ago about it in this very section, if you cant make sense of it theres something seriously wrong.
I was just giving the OP a heads up just incase, no need to jump on my back about it is there, sorry i dont know as much about bmw's as you obviously do, with your knowledge on them you should be running bmw.

Anyway back on topic i will be watching this thread closely, if you do go ahead with it, to see who you used and if you rate it etc.
Good luck OP with whatever you do.
      03-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #18
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, me too. I'll be waiting for the chassis to break in half, coz it's on the internetz so it must be true.

Chill out Reece FFS. Have you just got the shits because people were poking at your insurance posts earlier in the week? I wasn't having a pop, and I've read everything you've posted, which pretty much repeats the same thing. Which is that you read it somewhere. That's fine.

If no one comments to question or correct such things, it becomes fact by amass default.

Jesus... Kids these days!

Last edited by Russbmw; 03-13-2014 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #19
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 435d m sport m performance

Mate there should be no debating, when remapped esp stage 2 they are incredibly quick for a diesel, a lot quicker than an e46 m3 to put it in perspective.

I love mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw View Post
^^ as above

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #20
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, me too. I'll be waiting for the chassis to break in half, coz it's on the internetz so it must be true.

Chill out Reece FFS. Have you just got the shits because people were poking at your insurance posts earlier in the week? I wasn't having a pop, and I've read everything you've posted.

Jesus... Kids these days!
I never said the chassis would snap, just might have been a possible hiccup to his plans of a remap, but it obviously wont.

Yeh im alot more chilled out now the wifes out of hospital with a viral meningitus infection, ive had the kids for nearly a week on my own.

Wish i was still a kid, 27 in a month
      03-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #21
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Ha ha! Glad the missus is ok mate, and fair play, single parenting is hard!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #22
J80WYA
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music XD View Post
Welcome Do you ever drive through Brentwood? I'm sure I recognise your plate!
Yes buddy! Girlfriend lives in Brentwood so there quite a lot to and from Chelmsford.

Great advice lads, Thanks again! Going to get saving and get this done for the summer
Appreciate 0