Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Aftermarket wheels/tires voiding BMW warranty?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
coolcamden
Private
Rep
Drives: 325 6MT SG/BK M5 reps

Aftermarket wheels/tires voiding BMW warranty?

I've searched but not found the answer if having wheels/tires on lowered springs will get you into hassles with the dealers when you need warranty work on the car?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
If the warranty work is related to the wheels, tires or suspension. Then yes, your warranty will be voided. Unless, you put everything back to stock and take it into the dealer.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Aftermarket wheels or suspension in and of itself will not void the warranty. However, like Bimmer335i07 said, if something that is PROVEN by the dealer to be related to the installation of these components fails on the car, they will not cover it. They cannot refuse to fix a stereo because you have aftermarket springs
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Aftermarket wheels or suspension in and of itself will not void the warranty. However, like Bimmer335i07 said, if something that is PROVEN by the dealer to be related to the installation of these components fails on the car, they will not cover it. They cannot refuse to fix a stereo because you have aftermarket springs
Me to dealer: Hey my CD player sux, it keeps skipping!
Dealer: Well son, it's dem lowering springs fault - yer warranty is now void!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #5
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

^ You're a funny one Nikolas. Anyway, just like what Bimmer335i07 said, if it's related to the wheel/tires, it can be voided. Several members on the forums keep their OEM wheels/tires and swap it back on (or even OEM springs and other aftermarket swapables) to dealers to make sure the warranty is not voided. But you shouldn't worry about wheels and tires.. It seems very rare
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 01:22 AM   #6
BMW///Motorsport
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

A dealer around me has mounted aftermarket wheels on their dealer ordered, fully-loaded, way over sticker M3 on the lot. And I know lots of people whose aftermarket wheels were dealer installed prior to new car pick up (not BMW dealers thought). Just my .02