E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread (#4)

09-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #111
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Hmmm... either Glen use sarcasm, and Chris didn't pick up on it, or Glen doesn't know what Kevco is speaking about, and Chris didn't get that either.

Either way, Kevco should have been more clear on what E.R. was exactly...
I definitely didnt get it, unless it was related to the emergency room. It usually takes a generation to be out of tune with the universe.
      09-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #112
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Do you really have to ask?
Yes I do, cos I don't know anything about snap oversteer and reliability of a 15-yr old "air-cooled" (even if low mileage) car
      09-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #113
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Hmmm... either Glen use sarcasm, and Chris didn't pick up on it, or Glen doesn't know what Kevco is speaking about, and Chris didn't get that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Yes I do, cos I don't know anything about snap oversteer and reliability of a 15-yr old "air-cooled" (even if low mileage) car
I totally think you should NOT do it. 15-yr old car? Really??? You still have a pretty good car right now (despite the ricey exhaust) - I think at some point the desire for a track-worthy car should yield to reason. When taken to the extreme, for instance, this yields me: I would never get the car Chris got, due to entire lack of creature comforts as he describes - UNLESS you plan on never using it as a DD, in which case ignore the whole paragraph.
      09-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #114
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

So what's the consensus on powder coating - where to go? I need my wheels powder coated urgently - like this week. Solid advance planning.
      09-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #115
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
So what's the consensus on powder coating - where to go? I need my wheels powder coated urgently - like this week. Solid advance planning.
lol... which wheels you getting powder coated?

last time i did some powder coat, i went to this company called XTM. you can google it... but the downside is that they took 3 whole weeks to get my wheels done and thats after numerous phone calls to bug them about it. they are slow as hell but were very cheap and did a good job. oh and they told me it was going to take a week but it took 3 weeks so dont believe them if they tell you it will be done in 3 or 4 days. it will take much longer than that.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #116
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Chris nailed all the major issues. She'd make a sweet summer ride. Like Glenn said, it is a 15 yr old vehicle. Be prepared to spend a few bucks for cosmetic and general maintenance.

Quote:
I used Exacte Roue on Hymus. They were reasonable and did a nice job. I have another guy in Rigaud as well that Seb uses from time to time. Let me know if you need that info.
      09-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #117
Kevco
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Considering what the wait times at the ER are these days I hardly find it awesome anymore...
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
last year i went for the meet in the morning but didnt do the ride... its nice to see some familiar faces at the meet but Pseudonim is right, the ride isnt that fun. there's too much traffic and cops and stupidities... i hope no one got into an accident this year?
Quote:

Quote:
I definitely didnt get it, unless it was related to the emergency room. It usually takes a generation to be out of tune with the universe.
Emergency Ride.. I assumed you guys knew about it since over 1k cars showed up.. It was a nice ride from Laval all the way to Tremblant... Drinving on the 327 was lots of fun with all the nice mountain roads...

I got there early enough so I didn`t have to wait anywhere but I also agree with Pseudo Nim, there was police, dumb drivers and lots of traffic!!

I compiled all the BMW pictures I could find for you guys, I hope you enjoy!!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=07c8a5d6a1

Last edited by Kevco; 09-12-2012 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: New Link *direct access to album*
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #118
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
lol... which wheels you getting powder coated?

last time i did some powder coat, i went to this company called XTM. you can google it... but the downside is that they took 3 whole weeks to get my wheels done and thats after numerous phone calls to bug them about it. they are slow as hell but were very cheap and did a good job. oh and they told me it was going to take a week but it took 3 weeks so dont believe them if they tell you it will be done in 3 or 4 days. it will take much longer than that.
Doing the Mini wheels. I've wanted them black for the longest time, but didn't want to unmount the tires. Now that the Hankooks are done, and I want to mount new ones on the wheels, so it's a perfect time to powdercoat, as I wouldn't waste money remounting them.

Quote:
Chris nailed all the major issues. She'd make a sweet summer ride. Like Glenn said, it is a 15 yr old vehicle. Be prepared to spend a few bucks for cosmetic and general maintenance.

I used Exacte Roue on Hymus. They were reasonable and did a nice job. I have another guy in Rigaud as well that Seb uses from time to time. Let me know if you need that info.
Let me know the Rigaud one, I'll check. Called the two above: Exact Roue wants $135/wheel, XTM wants $360 for the whole job, both promise a week of work. Was the XTM job decent? Price is very pleasant.
      09-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #119
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Doing the Mini wheels. I've wanted them black for the longest time, but didn't want to unmount the tires. Now that the Hankooks are done, and I want to mount new ones on the wheels, so it's a perfect time to powdercoat, as I wouldn't waste money remounting them.

Let me know the Rigaud one, I'll check. Called the two above: Exact Roue wants $135/wheel, XTM wants $360 for the whole job, both promise a week of work. Was the XTM job decent? Price is very pleasant.
xtm job is pretty good but watch out for the wait times. they told me 1 week when i did my wheels and it ended up taking them 3 weeks. i had to call them repeatedly. hopefully they arent so busy now. if you have another set of rims for the mini then you dont have to worry. good thing i had extra set of rims so the 3 weeks wasnt that big a deal but i would be very pissed if my car was out of service for 3 weeks cos of rims.

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #120
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

I'll give them a shout. 3 weeks is definitely too long as I'm going to put the winter tires on, which will suck a bit in this weather
      09-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #121
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
You still in Montreal or do they have you out in the hinterlands? I hope all is well. Hope to see you one of these days during one of our meets.
ya been in Montreal whole time. thx for the thought miss you this yr. i will likely be doing an october event at tremblant...I'll let you know

stressful year this one...
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #122
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
ya been in Montreal whole time. thx for the thought miss you this yr. i will likely be doing an october event at tremblant...I'll let you know

stressful year this one...
If you plan to do an event this October, drop me a line. Would love to join.
      09-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #123
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I dont think the Rigaud guy will beat 360 for whole job. Typically $100+ per wheel. I'll find out tomorrow and email you.
      09-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #124
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [9.00]
2007 E90 335i  [9.00]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [10.00]
Quote:

They have done a few sets for me and my brother (you can see the the DPE's for sale ad if you want). Work is pretty good wait times not so great.
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #125
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
If you plan to do an event this October, drop me a line. Would love to join.
I just registered for the event. It's a BMW Qc thing invite only. Instructors and advanced drivers - I'm sure you got the invite. October 20, 100$ for 140 minutes of track time. Register quick I'm pretty sure it's going to fill up quickly.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #126
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I just registered for the event. It's a BMW Qc thing invite only. Instructors and advanced drivers - I'm sure you got the invite. October 20, 100$ for 140 minutes of track time. Register quick I'm pretty sure it's going to fill up quickly.
I couldnt find anything on the BMW Club of Qc site or forum, nor emails from Henry. Do you have a link?
      09-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #127
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:
wow thats an awesome deal... lots of track time for cheap is always a good thing.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #128
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Kenneth told me about it...

Quote:
I couldnt find anything on the BMW Club of Qc site or forum, nor emails from Henry. Do you have a link?
No link.. you need to have done at least 1 event with BMWQC this year.. which I haven't.

Quote:
wow thats an awesome deal... lots of track time for cheap is always a good thing.
Yes it is. I will sadly pass on this even though I haven't been to LCMT in 2012.
My VIR trip will be my last of 2012.

PS chris... I have sent you a "WhatsApp" this morning...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #129
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Kenneth told me about it...

No link.. you need to have done at least 1 event with BMWQC this year.. which I haven't.

Yes it is. I will sadly pass on this even though I haven't been to LCMT in 2012.
My VIR trip will be my last of 2012.

PS chris... I have sent you a "WhatsApp" this morning...
didnt get the message or link either since i didnt do a single event with BMW QC this year. in fact i am not even a member of BMW QC. lol

i will pass on tremblant as well. i think VIR would be enough track time for us all (except for Joel who is a hopeless track addict )

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #130
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Looks like we'll be parking neighbours. We almost were, back in June.... Self-Teching for this event will be sweet, so will the 6 lucky folks who will be drawn for the FREE instruction from ex-professional driver Claude Bourbonnais. I hope my name comes up.

For those who haven't done BMW QC events lately, note that they are keeping up with times.
For instance, advanced drivers are "soloed", meaning they have instructors assigned, but may only see their instructor maybe once during a 2day event. Of course, if you need help, they'll gladly hop in your car anytime. My last event (back in June) ALL my sessions were solo.

Last edited by kenneth; 09-13-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #131
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
i'm sure you can email henry and he'll make it happen...if not...well, i'll be sure to do something with you next year

Quote:
Looks like we'll be parking neighbours. We almost were, back in June.... Self-Teching for this event will be sweet, so will the 6 lucky folks who will be drawn for the FREE instruction from ex-professional driver Claude Bourbonnais. I hope my name comes up.

For those who haven't done BMW QC events lately, note that they are keeping up with times.
For instance, advanced drivers are "soloed", meaning they have instructors assigned, but may only see their instructor maybe once during a 2day event. Of course, if you need help, they'll gladly hop in your car anytime. My last event (back in June) ALL my sessions were solo.

excellent. can't wait bud!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #132
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [9.00]
2007 E90 335i  [9.00]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [10.00]
Count me in as well will be there also!
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Appreciate 0