E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Will this sub/amp work in my E90?

10-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Will this sub/amp work in my E90?

Friend of mine from a local forum is getting rid of a 12" JL powered by an Orion amp (already in a sealed box), I know Orion isn't one of the top tier manufacturers, but for the 50 bucks he wants I figured, hey why not? I had two 12" kicker comps in my last car, and I miss the bump as I just have the BMW Professional system in my car now.

I know he's good for it and won't sell me junk that isn't working, but I wanted to verify with you guys that it will in fact work and inquire what else I will need to purchase to get this to work with my stock system. Thanks in advance!

Here's a couple pictures I was sent, sorry for the quality and the fact that this site doesn't resize the images.

Last edited by Marcumac; 10-05-2010 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
as long as the amp has speaker level inputs it will work no problem. you can do what i did, take out your rear deck speaker and see what color the wires are. then locate the amp behind the left trunk liner inside the trunk. find the two rear speaker wires and spice into them connecting it to the left and right speaker level inputs on the amplifier. since bass is a mono signal you dont need to tap into both rear speakers. then connect to the battery and the trunk ground.
Appreciate 0