E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Driving Sunglasses

05-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #23
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Be careful if you have nav, some of the screens don't like Polorized glasses, the screen goes black!

Couple of years back I got to the channel tunnel and realised I had left my glasses at home, we had 20 minutes to board the train so I went to get some glasses, and you know what it is like, when you have 200 pairs to choose from you just can't decide. They were calling us to get on the train and I finally decided on a pair of Rayban Aviators with Polorised lenses, rushed back to the car, put them and and nothing!! Because I had the heads up display I couldn't even see out of the windscreen!!

So had to run back in and get something else instead, and still made the train.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #24
miopyk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 987 Boxster & R56 Cooper S

I have a pair of serengeti's for use in the car and they are brilliant. Try using them in poor weather (fog or rain) and you'll see what I mean. They are recommended by a number of police forces around the world which is again high praise.

Finally they are owned by the same company that owns Ray Bans so they must be good.

Miopyk
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #25
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by miopyk View Post
I have a pair of serengeti's for use in the car and they are brilliant. Try using them in poor weather (fog or rain) and you'll see what I mean. They are recommended by a number of police forces around the world which is again high praise.

Finally they are owned by the same company that owns Ray Bans so they must be good.

Miopyk
Yes, Serengeti sunglasses is awesome, not just when it's sunny, but also when is cludy. Takes away all the glare

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 04:44 AM   #26
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Just to emphasise the issue with polarized lenses - which are great to look through - and the radio/nav display.....I dont have nav but its a bit annoying that even the standard radio/phone display "disappears" when glancing at it - you have to make a concerted effort to look at the right angle (taking your eyes off the road for longer as a result) to see the figures/name etc....

I would therefore choose non polarizing lenses for driving given the choice....

I had a pair of Serengeti's a few years back and they were indeed fantastic lenses, especially for bad light....currently using Oakleys.....usually end up buying whatever I fancy when shopping in the US!!!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0