E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > **********s, takes your money without the product

06-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
06RedGoat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite 335i

Thumbs down **********s, takes your money without the product

Okay, I was quiet, but I am going to add to this.

I ordered over 2 weeks ago a Touring Cup Kit because they had the best price. The site lists it as in stock, not pre-order. Two weeks later they tell me the product isn't available for another four weeks. So six weeks in total tells me something should have been said in numerous pms I sent before even placing an order.

This is a week after the money had already cleared out of my account. I asked for my money back to place an order later. I never received an email back. The money is still not back in my account after three days. I try calling, but none of the numbers they give work.

I didn't want to open another thread on this. Here I am without my money, and no sign of a product I thought would be here by now. Why take my money when they don't even have the product.

I really wanted the product, and have ordered other things that came through quickly. I wasn't going to say anything, but it is really unacceptable.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
**********s is just a middle man. They carry few, if any items in stock.

Dropship through distributors and take a cut as the middle man. So they don't have to worry about inventory etc etc.

It all works out until something happens with the distributor and that is when threads like these pop up.

**********s will most likely come in saying how they cannot be held responsible for delays with the distributor, how they could not forsee something like this so it is not their fault.

Well that's pretty much how it is if you deal with a middle man who does not stock inventory. Nothing new here.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Because I am waiting on my boss and horribly bored at work today:

For every 10 **********s rules thread, there will always be at least 2 **********s sucks thread. There is only so much you can do as a middleman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James************ View Post
[B]....
Did you read what I wrote about the fact that we were waiting on our distributor for the shipping label? And that if you wanted, you could just ship it over to us and we would have gladly reimburse the shipping cost? We're offering you not only the first OR second option, we're offering you both the first and second option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron************ View Post
The Vinyls are not cut by us. Again they go out to the proper companies that make the item. Plus if you are unsatisfied in anyway, we either get(or got you an exchange) or allow you to return your item. We get your orders out either to production or to you as quickly as possible, and will continue to do so. Hearing that the vinyl delay is such a troublesome wait, I am already in talks with our supplier so that they can speed up their production time.

Quote:
First off, we are removing the product from out site for now(actually went ahead and did it). Our supplier initially was able to meet our orders in the beginning then about last month we got the run around in obtaining the prodct. Yes the product went up in price in the last 2 months and if we were able to attain it, we would have still gotten it to you even if it meant that we would lose on the sale. As to notifications, you were sent a backorder status on the order; also you can check your order status by login onto your account on our site which informed of a backorder notification. We also have a phone number, you can call us during regular business hours as well, or you could have emailed us for order status also (we try to respond as quickly as possible). On this particular product (Backline Tail lights) we were getting the run around from the supplier, a lot of empty promises and nothing to show. I am sorry that we lost you as a customer. The product has created more of a headache for us than anything; I’ve spent countless phone calls and emails with my supplier while he tried to source them from other places for us as well. Again sorry about the circumstances in regards to this product.

In response to Mr. Lin, all of your inquiries we’re responded to you immediately. I remember you even called several times, to which I picked up the phone and responded to you immediately. I don’t want to go into it, but you were both unreasonable and unwilling to cooperate.

I’ve only responded to this post now, as it was posted on Sunday (my one day off) and have now got a chance to respond to it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Hi,

I believe you pm'ed me about the order and I even publicly (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143761 to OP in his thread said it was on backorder or if you cant find my response which is post #6 here you go: (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...89&postcount=6) - I said its backordered. If you've asked for a refund I am sure it was sent to you, was the email sent to orders************.com? Our phone number is as posted on the site **************. We'll let you know if the item is in-stock or not most items are.

The touring cup kit isn't the H&R sport cup kit is. Please help me better understand what more we can do, on these H&R items we drop ship direct from their warehouse and we can do stock checks at any time.

Hmm I dont know, looks like my memory was right, We(I) informed you of a backorder before your order was place.

AoshichanX - I don't know what you are trying to get at? We even say it on our site - We are middleman just like Amazon is your middleman (Is Best Buy not a middle man for your Sony TV?). Do we have stock yes on lots of things, in multiple different warehouses, do we keep it in our sales office no? Somethings are made to order like the Vitex Amebergone, other things come out of Italy - supersprint, or Germany for Eisenmann and there are wait times. We carry a lot of items - more then I think people realize and we make it as best as possible to provide as great items as we can for enthusiasts. (We do this by working with the manufacturers that you guys want, and getting the products you guys want, and oh we work quite hard on predicting stock levels and keeping a good flow for the community.) Hmmm what else did you want me to say, a lot of this info is right on our site and it even says so at the time of order with each invoice.

Last edited by Ron@Modbargains; 06-06-2008 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
06RedGoat
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

I believe you pm'ed me about the order and I even publicly - said its not in-stock yet. If you've asked for a refund I am sure it was sent to you, was the email sent to orders************.com? Our phone number is as posted on the site **************. We'll let you know if the item is in-stock or not most items are.

The touring cup kit isn't the H&R sport cup kit is. Please help me better understand what more we can do, on these H&R items we drop ship direct from their warehouse and we can do stock checks at any time.
Umm no, no one said it wasn't in stock to me. I don't check every thread to know if they are.

Money left my account on the 25th. I was just emailed 3 days ago to tell me you guys don't have the item for four more weeks. I asked for a refund three days ago, none was given.

The phone numbers that were sent to me in email by I beleive someone named Tom originally, and the second from a female (the name escapes me,) I called. One phone number said the nextel number was not in service. The second number gave me busy signals at all times.

Wouldn't it make sense to pm me that they weren't in stock, put the are a pre-order (sense the woman who emailed me told me they wouldn't be released for 4 weeks?) I am okay with waiting, but why was the money taken from my account, along with shipping? I waited three days for a refund, after waiting two weeks from the order. I don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #6
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedGoat View Post
Umm no, no one said it wasn't in stock to me. I don't check every thread to know if they are.

Money left my account on the 25th. I was just emailed 3 days ago to tell me you guys don't have the item for four more weeks. I asked for a refund three days ago, none was given.

The phone numbers that were sent to me in email by I beleive someone named Tom originally, and the second from a female (the name escapes me,) I called. One phone number said the nextel number was not in service. The second number gave me busy signals at all times.

Wouldn't it make sense to pm me that they weren't in stock, put the are a pre-order (sense the woman who emailed me told me they wouldn't be released for 4 weeks?) I am okay with waiting, but why was the money taken from my account, along with shipping? I waited three days for a refund, after waiting two weeks from the order. I don't get it.
Ok, well lets see I did inform you that they were on backorder - so maybe you skimmed over that I don't know what more to say. The order was charged and placed as a pre-order and a refund a quick press of a few keystrokes.

Regarding contacting us, why don't you do so right this second instead of posting on here and wasting others time? We don't have anyone whose name even remotely sounds like Tom, we don't use Nextel a cell phone company(we use a major industry leading phone system actually - which has been getting upgrades done to it but thats beside the point). You can contact us on our posted number at 714 582-3330. You can pm me your order number - unfortunately I can't look up based on anyones Alias name.

As to credit card refunds - they are done fairly instantly but as anyone will tell you refund amounts show up back on your credit card statement - approx 5 days after the amount is processed back. I don't know what that is.

Give me a call or email me at ron************, heck you can even aim us. I can find your order and let you know your refund transaction id.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
zzinco79
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I'm tired of seeing the vendors making BS excuses and pretend to be they are frckin customer-friendly seller. I personally don't believe them. I also had experienced that some vender stopped replying my refund request messages and not answering their phone. WFT. That was sucks.

To OP, if I were you, I would contact your CC company and dispute the payment you made ASAP.

To **********, don't take my thought as an offence. Refunding is a true way to be a customer-friendly seller. It's part of you guy's fault to mis-communicate with your customer.

********** is one of the most nice and promissing vendor in this site. We can see they have more positive feedbacks than negatives. And the negative feedbacks usually get solved pretty fast. To OP, I know the wating is PITA. But give ********** a time so they can solve this situation for you.

And I Want That Cup Kit!

2006 BSM 325i / ZPP / ZSP / Adaptive Xenon / BLK leather interior / Steptronic

Eisenmann racing / K&N Ram charger / M5 rep. wheels / D1S 6000k / Brex white ring / OEM style rear trunk spoiler / M steering / OEM strut bar / Blk line tail light

Future Mod

Hamann lip spolier / Mtech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
06RedGoat
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Why do you take money out, and why doesn't your site list the product as a pre-order. Why would you take shipping charges out on something you won't ship for 6 weeks.

Sorry, my email wasn't open, and I deleted it awhile ago. I sent an email response to Tara days ago. The original person that sent me bad phone numbers was Cody not Tom. Maybe Tara should have responded to my response email over the past couple days?

The phone number I was given, that also goes with the order is 714-459-5597. Anyone here can call it too, it will say nextel and disconnected. The other number given was 1-877-Mod-0095.

I paid with my bank account through paypal. That should be able to at least tell that a refund is pending.

I think maybe others on this site would like to know that you take people's money when you don't have a product in stock for a month and a half even when it isn't listed on your site. A pre-order is usually partial charge to hold your spot in line, or at least not taking all the money and shipping.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedGoat View Post
Why do you take money out, and why doesn't your site list the product as a pre-order. Why would you take shipping charges out on something you won't ship for 6 weeks.

Sorry, my email wasn't open, and I deleted it awhile ago. I sent an email response to Tara days ago. The original person that sent me bad phone numbers was Cody not Tom. Maybe Tara should have responded to my response email over the past couple days?

The phone number I was given, that also goes with the order is 714-459-5597. Anyone here can call it too, it will say nextel and disconnected. The other number given was 1-877-Mod-0095.

I paid with my bank account through paypal. That should be able to at least tell that a refund is pending.

I think maybe others on this site would like to know that you take people's money when you don't have a product in stock for a month and a half even when it isn't listed on your site. A pre-order is usually partial charge to hold your spot in line, or at least not taking all the money and shipping.
Let see, so still no contact with me not via PM, not via email, not via phone, which I just posted for you in the above post. Please help me so that I can help you?

************** - this is our phone number - its the same one listed on our website in the contact us - here let me get a link: http://www.**********s.com/contact.aspx

Tara just got in late today(after being sick), she was out sick yesterday(you can give her a call she's here for another 15 minutes if you want to talk to her).

You are asking me if we charge for orders in full, yes we do as the orders come in, most items end up going out right away. In those circumstances when the item is on backorder - the customer is notified -As you have been.
Thats the current business process - unfortunately thats how ours works, we keep the customer informed and in the loop and give them a quick option but we do deliver the goods as quickly as possible. As in time our system is going to be better, and we're already working on more things in place to get it to be quicker and better.

As I mentioned what else would you like me to do. Inform you ahead of time, I did since you contacted a sales rep, inform you of backorder we did after order was placed with us, offer to help you out and refund you the money(which probably has already been done) all this is done. Yet I am sitting here instead of helping others answering this thread and re-requesting your contact info to once again help you out.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Let see, so still no contact with me not via PM, not via email, not via phone, which I just posted for you in the above post. Please help me so that I can help you?

************** - this is our phone number - its the same one listed on our website in the contact us - here let me get a link: http://www.**********s.com/contact.aspx

Tara just got in late today(after being sick), she was out sick yesterday(you can give her a call she's here for another 15 minutes if you want to talk to her).

You are asking me if we charge for orders in full, yes we do as the orders come in, most items end up going out right away. In those circumstances when the item is on backorder - the customer is notified -As you have been.
Thats the current business process - unfortunately thats how ours works, we keep the customer informed and in the loop and give them a quick option but we do deliver the goods as quickly as possible. As in time our system is going to be better, and we're already working on more things in place to get it to be quicker and better.

As I mentioned what else would you like me to do. Inform you ahead of time, I did since you contacted a sales rep, inform you of backorder we did after order was placed with us, offer to help you out and refund you the money(which probably has already been done) all this is done. Yet I am sitting here instead of helping others answering this thread and re-requesting your contact info to once again help you out.
Ron told me about this situation a couple of hours ago and I've been sitting here at my desk expecting the customer's name so that I can refund the account. The customer still hasn't given Ron that information Don't really know how the customer can justify sitting here complaining over and over instead of giving us his information so we can do what he wants...

Ron has been running around all stressed out about this and it's not fair to him or **********s as a whole because the customer isn't allowing us to conform to his demands. It's not like we have ONE cup kit order... there's a ton of possibilities of orders to refund here, and I can't just guess at which one is "06RedGoat"

06RedGoat - give us your last name or your order number, your order will be refunded (if it has not been already) and this will be done.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #11
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

I work with **********s a lot. Before they became our vendor I tested their customer service, and it was great. You should give them a call. They seem very willing to help you solve your issue ASAP. Realize there are two OWNERS of the company in a thread on a forum trying to help you. If thats not customer service I dunno what is.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
06RedGoat
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Instead of blaming me, as I am not to blame. Why didn't you come in say we're sorry, give us your order number, and we will refund? No, you came in acting like I was at fault. In every pm I sent out, which was to every member you guys have on here because it took awhile for response. I was told by someone the kit wouldn't fit, someone said it would, no pms said it was backordered.

I believe your site should say pre-order on an item that is a pre-order. What about the people who order that don't come on this site?

The reason i didn't pm you is because I was pm'ed by James. He hadn't asked for an order number, even yesterday when i asked for my refund. he just told me I should get a response soon enough. That was yesterday. Now the 5 business days will probably put me another week or so to get my money back.

Keeping me in the loop isn't getting an email 2 weeks later saying you don't have the item. How is that tell me as soon as the order was placed? I missed that the product was backordered in the thread because you mentioned that you had the other kit which has a similar name, and I knew it more by the drop not the name.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #13
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
Just give them a call.. simple as that...
      06-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #14
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the PM - I've responded back to your PM with the Refund Transaction ID so that you have it verified. It's back to you.

Not trying to blame you, trying to help you and responding to this thread. Surely you realize that a thread like this serves one purpose to try and badmouth a company. This section is warranted at times like the Eisenhaus fiasco, and people who have shared their experience. But these threads serve as one purpose bandwagon actions by members.

I didn't know you contacted James (I am going to assume he thought it was handled by our customer service department or was taking it up with them for you) I simply saw your post when I came to search on the forums while I was helping someone and I responded to your problems as I was the original person you contacted to make the sale with. Now that you've contact me I've been able to help you, you have my public apology as well, 'I am sorry' that all this headache you've had to endure.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #15
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
We are middleman just like Amazon is your middleman (Is Best Buy not a middle man for your Sony TV?).
Not to rain on your parade, Ron, but the big difference between Amazon/Best Buy & **********s is that those other stores have a "real-time" feed on stock availability, in addition to actually keeping a lot of items "in-stock" at their respective warehouses. The challenge with all this is synchronizing your supply chain with customer expectations, and at the same time, making sure that your costs are controlled (but I'm sure you're aware of all this already).

to you & Mike for resolving the issue but things like this should be taken care of promptly, at the level below yours - I'm sure you have better things to do

Last edited by 1WickedE90; 06-06-2008 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: grammar, lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #16
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Red Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WickedE90 View Post
Not to rain on your parade, Ron, but the big difference between Amazon/Best Buy & **********s is that those other stores have a "real-time" feed on stock availability, in addition to actually keeping a lot of items "in-stock" at their respective warehouses. The challenge with all this is synchronizing your supply chain with customer expectations, and at the same time, making sure that your costs are controlled (but I'm sure you're aware of all this already).

to you & Mike for resolving the issue but things like this should be taken care of promptly, at the level below yours - I'm sure you have better things to do
It is all about Cash Flow. Companies don't want to use there own money when the can use the customers money. This seems to be a trend amongst a lot of vendors. Can't say I wouldn't do it myself if I were in the business...Just say'n.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #17
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
It is all about Cash Flow. Companies don't want to use there own money when the can use the customers money. This seems to be a trend amongst a lot of vendors. Can't say I wouldn't do it myself if I were in the business...Just say'n.
Agree with the cash flow issue, but companies will usually give "Net 30/60/90" or similar terms to smaller businesses, if they qualify, so they wouldn't have to "float" the customer's $$$ instead of their own (which is a tricky way to do business).
      06-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #18
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzinco79 View Post
I'm tired of seeing the vendors making BS excuses
Get used to it. Every day there are at least 2 threads where drop shipping sponsors blame it on their distributors.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #19
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep

Ummm ok... can you guys take your business 101 discussion to a different thread please? If you know all about running a business, start one, we need more job creation in today's economy... I know that my company has created a lot of jobs this year for our local community.

Mods, please lock the thread as this issue is completely resolved and nothing more needs to be said.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #20
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi,

I believe you pm'ed me about the order and I even publicly (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143761 to OP in his thread said it was on backorder or if you cant find my response which is post #6 here you go: (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...89&postcount=6) - I said its backordered. If you've asked for a refund I am sure it was sent to you, was the email sent to orders************.com? Our phone number is as posted on the site **************. We'll let you know if the item is in-stock or not most items are.

Hmm I dont know, looks like my memory was right, We(I) informed you of a backorder before your order was place.

AoshichanX - I don't know what you are trying to get at? We even say it on our site - We are middleman just like Amazon is your middleman (Is Best Buy not a middle man for your Sony TV?). Do we have stock yes on lots of things, in multiple different warehouses, do we keep it in our sales office no? Somethings are made to order like the Vitex Amebergone, other things come out of Italy - supersprint, or Germany for Eisenmann and there are wait times. We carry a lot of items - more then I think people realize and we make it as best as possible to provide as great items as we can for enthusiasts. (We do this by working with the manufacturers that you guys want, and getting the products you guys want, and oh we work quite hard on predicting stock levels and keeping a good flow for the community.) Hmmm what else did you want me to say, a lot of this info is right on our site and it even says so at the time of order with each invoice.
My point is that I see these threads come up all the time, and if the consumer understands the situation, he may feel less frustrated and take action immediately instead of creating the thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #21
zzinco79
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike************ View Post
Ummm ok... can you guys take your business 101 discussion to a different thread please? If you know all about running a business, start one, we need more job creation in today's economy... I know that my company has created a lot of jobs this year for our local community.

Mods, please lock the thread as this issue is completely resolved and nothing more needs to be said.
wow.

2006 BSM 325i / ZPP / ZSP / Adaptive Xenon / BLK leather interior / Steptronic

Eisenmann racing / K&N Ram charger / M5 rep. wheels / D1S 6000k / Brex white ring / OEM style rear trunk spoiler / M steering / OEM strut bar / Blk line tail light

Future Mod

Hamann lip spolier / Mtech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 01:01 AM   #22
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep

Let me be clear, we are open to feedback and suggestions. If you want to make a suggestion on how we can improve anything, please e-mail me directly at mike************.com and it will be brought up in our next meeting.

I do not want to see this thread continue to be bumped to the top by 1 or 2 people talking about their opinion on best practices in business that has nothing at all to do with the original topic. That is not fair to us as a company, we work extremely hard for E90Post to bring you new products. Please allow us to do our jobs and do not continue to post in this thread, it doesn't do any good.

Again, if you have suggestions, email me directly. This is your opportunity. My e-mail is mike************.com
Appreciate 0