E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Zaino experts, could you give me some advice?

11-21-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
KyleY911
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Silver BMW 325i

Zaino experts, could you give me some advice?

Ok so i searched and all i ever hear about is Zaino but i wanted to get everyones opinion because by searching it just woulnd't be the same............. ever since i got my car i would wash it frequently and use meguiars quick detailer.............i waxed a couple times but not too often and since i was only 16 when i got my car, i didn't know about quality products............the pictures that everyone puts up of there cars after using zaino is breath taking......but how exactly do i do it? i visited the website and they have A LOT of products...............do you use the clay bar, the wash, spray shine enhancer, the all in one? i basically just want the shine so if i wash it could i just use the spray shine enhancer? i'm confused.........another thing, do i order it from the website or can i pick it up at a local store like Kragen? any opinions would help. Thanks a lot guys
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
DPritchett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 528i

Garage List
2006 E90 325xi  [0.00]
1. Basically, you are limited to web orders from the Zaino site or you could order by phone from LaZaino. You are not likely to find Zaino in a local auto part store. I would suggest you consider the "Total Show Car Protection Kit" which bundles all the basics for $84.70.

2. The instructions may seem intimidating, but its not that hard really. If you write down detailed instructions for common household tasks, they seem really complicated too.

3. A full treatment would be something like this:

Wash with Dawn (this is a 1-time thing, to remove the residue of other products from your car).

Clay (not something you have to do, but it removes contaminates from your surface. A little of the Z7 wash mixed in a spray bottle makes a great lubricant, btw.)

Wash with Z7 wash

Apply Z5. * with ZFX mixed in it dries faster, so application takes less time

Apply Z2. * if you are doing multiple coats, its a big help.

3. Z-6 or alternately Z-8 are the quick detailer products in the Zaino line. Zaino recommends a coat of Z6 in between layers of Z5 and Z2. I like to spriitz my applicator with Z6 when I'm applying the products. Z8 is more expensive, so I only use it as a atopper and to maintain my finish in between my polishing sessions.

4. The all-in-one is an alternative to Z5 & Z2. It can be used just by itself, as a base coat for Z5/Z2, or topped with the clear seal product.

5. The mantra to repeat with Zaino is THIN coats -- 1 oz. of product~about 1/2 of the little mixing bottles you get with ZFX should do at least one complete complete oin a car our size.

6. Just using a quick detailer is not enough to get the results you want, at least not that will last for more than a day. A good wax or sealant will protect and enhance your car's finish for weeks or months.

2006 325xi |SG - Terra - Walnut | Steptronic | Premium Package - Nav | Zenon Adaptive Headlights | Blacklines; iPod Adapter
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

IMO, one disadvatage image of Zaino is their vast amount of products which can really be overwhelming for a beginner. Even with the all in one package, you still have a bunch of bottles with a bunch of labels. No offense to Zaino but I wish there was a better way to market their product for beginners. The overwhelming part is when you start hearing folks throw out these labels and for a beginner, it can really be scary because they think if they dont apply things in a certain order, they might not get the optimal result or they could damage their car's surface.

Last edited by txusa03; 11-21-2007 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96294

if you are serious about getting the Zaino job done right, read all my steps, and thats what you need to buy.
Appreciate 0