Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Need Quick Help W/ Wheel Offset & Fitment

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-04-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
NightRyda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 355i

Need Quick Help W/ Wheel Offset & Fitment

Hi, I need help with wheel offset & fitment for my 2007 335i E90. I'm new to BMW so please forgive any noob questions. I did my due diligence to research offsets, but just got confused.

I'm getting some bronze Avant Garde M359 wheels in 19x9 & 19x10. I want my wheels to be as close to flush w/ the fender as possible w/o rubbing & I don't know what offsets to go with.

CURRENT SET UP:

My fenders are rolled & I'm dropped pretty low on BC Racing coilovers (I'm OK w/ raising the car if need be). The pic below shows my current ride height. I'm on VMR V710's right now in 19x9.5 ET33 & 19x10 ET25.

I had to use 5mm spacers in the front to avoid hitting my tie rods. The front rubs when the suspension compresses & the wheel well fender liner gets grazed at full lock with a 235/30/19 tire. The rear need no spacers, but rubs when the suspension compresses. Clearance is also pretty tight where the rear quarter panel meets the rear bumper & it scrapes the tire sidewall at times.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW:

- What offset would get me as close to flush w/ the fender as possible w/o rubbing?

- The wheel shop is telling me a 35 front offset & 38 rear, but that feels pretty conservative to me. Wouldn't that still be inside the fender... Or am I mistaken?

- I'm OK w/ using spacers, but would prefer nothing larger than 5mm to be safe.

- Given my current setup, I feel ET28 or ET30 for the rear would give a tad more clearance than I have now, but would still be pretty close to flush.

- Since I'm going from a 9.5 ET33 to a 9 in the front; I'm thinking ET30 would be pretty flush & i wouldn't need a 5mm spacer anymore to clear the tie rods - but not sure???

Any thoughts??? Any help is much appreciated.

my ride height is below:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 07:20 PM   #2
NightRyda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 355i

really... no one? no help? anyone?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

You should not have any issues with the 19x9 ET30. The 19x10 will be a tough fit regardless but you could, adding some rear camber would aid in fender clearance.

Check out our fitment guide to help get an idea of what sizes will work with your E90: LINK HERE

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

-Max
      05-22-2018, 06:02 AM   #4
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
You could also use the site willtheyfit.com to compare current specs to proposed specs, to see how the new setup will sit compared to the current one. Then you can measure that against your car to see if you'll be satisfied or not.