E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2011 Bmw 335 Special Edition Price/maintenance

01-21-2016, 10:14 PM   #1
Hark_335
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 335M-Sport Ltd Edit.

2011 Bmw 335 Special Edition Price/maintenance

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum I picked up a 2011 BMW 335 special edition Aug 2015. I just joined the forum now to get more insight into maintenance I should look into. Car is Jerez black with M Sport package and performance exhaust from BMW and pretty much all the options the car had offered. Since I've picked it up I've had a boat load of problems (water-pump, thermostat, drive belt tensioner, oil gasket, battery) thank god for the CPO extended warranty.

I wanted to know if I got a good deal I know this specific model of the e90 335 sedan is extremely rare as it was only in production through July/Aug (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557086).

Long story short, I picked it up from Budd's in Oakville the car had original 1 owner with 66K on the clock I picked it up for 31K without Taxes all in it cost me about $35,600 aprox. (they replaced all the brakes/rotors and threw in new Pirelli rubber for the staggered 19" setup) wondering if this was a good pick up. Also, the car has the extended warranty luckily the car was picked up in Jan of 2012 when original purchased so my 4 year warranty expires end of Jan and i go into CPO and am covered until 2018 jan/160K.

Also, any kind of preventative maintenance i should focus on for this based on previous owner experiences any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 04:18 AM   #2
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

I have the same car and have only one of those issues but the pump and tstat were done as preventative maintenance. other than the tensioner which is the issue I have right now and a wheel bearing, i haven't had issues.

As far as price goes meeeehh I got a good deal, you got an average price. I got mine with 92k on it for 25k.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 06:32 AM   #3
Corbeau
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

Mine -- X-Drive, Sport package, not as many option as you -- was 27k and it had 84k on the odo when I bought it mid-December.
Changed the water pump within days of getting it, covered under 3rd party warranty.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 07:37 AM   #4
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hark_335 View Post
Since I've picked it up I've had a boat load of problems (water-pump, thermostat, drive belt tensioner, oil gasket, battery) thank god for the CPO extended warranty.

Also, any kind of preventative maintenance i should focus on for this based on previous owner experiences any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.
This is all common stuff with dealer CPO. All those items should have been replaced before hand, but they purposely sell it that way so you pay the deductible.

When you say oil gasket which one are you referring to, oil pan or oil filter housing? I hope it was the oil pan, if not try and get them to replace it. Its labour intensive $$$. Either way both will need replacing (oil filter housing definitely before the oil pan)

Things to come: Mechatronic sleeve (there is bmw service bulletin and it states that the transmission oil pan gasket must be replaced when doing the mechatronic sleeve). Since they are pulling the pan off it would be a good idea to put a new pan on altogether (old one can crack just like valve cover). They may not cover the new transmission pan, unless it was cracked

Name:  Capture111.JPG
Views: 592
Size:  33.8 KB

Overall I think you got yourself a solid ride.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #5
Hark_335
Registered
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the info guys....

neverdone - that sounds like a pretty sweet deal if the car has a clean record as well...did you pick it up at the bmw dealership or a private dealer? wondering if you also got bmw extended warranty? The main reason I was okay to pay the price was the extended warranty and the lower mileage, went for a test drive and had fell in love lol. Feel super lucky having that extended warranty now as all the work performed was covered and I was given free of charge rentals up until now. Good luck with your ride!

Corbeau - looks like everyone has that waterpump/thermostat issue lucky for us we got covered under warranty heard the repair can be kinda pricey even at private shops. 27K all in or list? sounds like a pretty legit deal

Again, thank you all for the feedback so far

Last edited by Hark_335; 01-22-2016 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #6
Hark_335
Registered
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
This is all common stuff with dealer CPO. All those items should have been replaced before hand, but they purposely sell it that way so you pay the deductible.

When you say oil gasket which one are you referring to, oil pan or oil filter housing? I hope it was the oil pan, if not try and get them to replace it. Its labour intensive $$$. Either way both will need replacing (oil filter housing definitely before the oil pan)

Things to come: Mechatronic sleeve (there is bmw service bulletin and it states that the transmission oil pan gasket must be replaced when doing the mechatronic sleeve). Since they are pulling the pan off it would be a good idea to put a new pan on altogether (old one can crack just like valve cover). They may not cover the new transmission pan, unless it was cracked

Attachment 1351417

Overall I think you got yourself a solid ride.
@[Wolf 335] - It's crazy how they leave it like that you'd think the actual stealership wouldn't try to jip you in terms of maintenance of course you will pay a bit more $$ for the car but would assume not to have issues within the first 3 months of getting it...kind of sucked especially since I picked it up in Aug and i had ended up going back so often for repairs probably like 6-7 times in 5 months but it has been okay now for about a month. finally getting my trust back :P, hopefully it keeps going without having to make a trip back anytime soon....love driving the thing when it runs, nothing worse when it breaks down though ...it was the oil filter housing gasket...forgot to mention my rad had also got replaced as there was a small crack in it somewhere but yeah can't complaint service wise I've been looked after every single time and got free of charge rentals along with getting wear and tear things like battery replaced for free... with everything that's gotten replaced it seems anything i may have paid extra got me my money's worth already and i'm covered until Jan 2018 so that's a sigh of relief

Thanks for the heads up on the Mechatronic sleeve!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 08:08 PM   #7
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep

To be fair there was a hail claim and a keying claim on it, but that didn't matter to me, purely physical and very minor but the car had a full repaint which to me, was a brand new car for a lot less.

I picked it up privately so it was a better deal. The same car was on the lot at the same time for 14k, albeit it did have half the kms on it.

I also do have warranty until 2018.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #8
Hark_335
Registered
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
To be fair there was a hail claim and a keying claim on it, but that didn't matter to me, purely physical and very minor but the car had a full repaint which to me, was a brand new car for a lot less.

I picked it up privately so it was a better deal. The same car was on the lot at the same time for 14k, albeit it did have half the kms on it.

oh truee, well at 25K that's a bargain def worth it! lucky you got such a good deal on such a rare model!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 09:47 AM   #9
CarbonTT
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post

That doesn't matter if you plan on driving the car into the ground... If your looking to resell, you're going to have a hell of a problem getting rid of it with those claims.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 10:49 AM   #10
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonTT View Post
That doesn't matter if you plan on driving the car into the ground... If your looking to resell, you're going to have a hell of a problem getting rid of it with those claims.
I do plan on keeping it for a while, I do say that alot though haha. But either way it's a 335 and it's going to depreciate.

I was driving ALOT of kms in a work shift. 300km there,100 a day for 10 days and another 300 home and now I'm flying in and out for work so the kms will be alot lower which will eventually help the resale if I do decide to sell.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #11
gsr519
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i SE

I also just bought a 2011 335i special edition, lowered by original owner and it only has 30k on it. I got it at Budd's bmw Hamilton. Clean carproof and the original owner bought it from this dealership so I saw all the service records, very minimal. Have CPO warranty til Feb 2018. I paid 31 200 and get to pick it up tuesday, I am super excited. It is 6 speed manual with exec package.

So far I ordered just the lux angel eyes but will have the entire front bumper and hood wrapped in 3m protection to protect the beautiful Ruby black.

Next will assess tires.
Appreciate 0