E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Radio Skipping/Interruption with "Connected ******" Screen

11-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
carsteve
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi Sedan

Radio Skipping/Interruption with "Connected ******" Screen

Starting last night, my radio keeps getting interrupted by my Bluetooth screen, even though I am not making a call. It's the typical "CONNECTED ********" screen. It happens randomly and frequently (about once every 3-5 minutes on average). I can't even hit the "END" button to go back to the radio right away. I tried multiple remedies, such as shutting the system off and on, shutting off the bluetooth on my phone, shutting off the bluetooth in the car, but the problem persists. It will happen no matter what audio source I'm using (AM, FM, Factory Sirius Satellite, iPod), and even with both the phone and car bluetooth systems off. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

'08 335xi sedan, Crimson Red.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
GJE2008
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5

I'm having the same problem.* Were you able to get it fixed?* I just put on a new set of winter wheels and thought the tpms might be causing the problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
carsteve
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi Sedan

It has ceased for now. I'm still not sure why. I'm certain it doesn't have anything to do with TPMS in my case since I haven't messed with it/changed tires and the TPMS still works fine.

I know that SIRIUS and XM are starting to merge their stations, and it started happening after it had already successfully updated the SIRIUS stations a few times, so I think it might have something to do with that, although I don't see why it would keep interrupting after the stations were updated.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
ARSAIR
The Choosen One!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Weird this just started happening to me.

Haven't been on these boards for a long time. But just had to try to figure this out. This started for me about 3 days ago. Error as described above. There is no reason for it from my perspective. Have not changed tires or anything of that nature. I have a 2008 Coupe, non-idrive, 335i, Logic-7, Comfort Access, HD. I don't have Sirus, so that can't be it, can it have something to do with HD? Why would it just suddenly start happening?

Does BMW do any type of upgrades over the air with their BMW Assist?
      12-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
kentgbr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i Sedan

Does this happen randomly or right after you change the volume with the wheel control button?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
ARSAIR
The Choosen One!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Seems to have disappeared.

I think it happened once while trying Volume Control on wheel but cant be sure. I rebooted my iphone and it does not seem to occur anymore, although the iphone was not connected to the 6FL when it had happened to me before so it is probably unrealted, if it happens again I will post but it hasn't happened in two days.
      12-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
GJE2008
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5

Service center said to delete blue tooth connections in both the phone and car, then re-pair the phone to the car. This worked for me. They also asked me to make sure I had an approved phone, which I do. You can check at www.wireless4bmw.com.
Appreciate 0