E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > SOLVED - Not sure if installed combox correctly - check in INPA or NCS?

03-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

SOLVED - Not sure if installed combox correctly - check in INPA or NCS?

EDIT: The problem was that my combox was a telematic unit. The pre-made harness had the power on pin 1 but it needs to be on pin 2 for a combox with telematic.

I installed my combox with pre-made adapter connections. I'm pretty sure those are fine so there shouldn't be any errors like might be present if I re-pinned the connector

I did have MULF and TCU so I made sure to terminate the un used MOST fiber optics. I connected the fiber obtics originally going to the MULF to the combox - not sure if that matters.

Power cable and BT cable are hooked up. I don't care about using telematics but I believe the new combox as telematics. Do I have to hook up those 2 connectors originally going to the TCU to the combox? I believe those are the 2g antennae?

I don't want to start coding until I'm sure that the hardware is wired correctly. Before I do any coding should I be able to see the combox in INPA UIF? If so, then I have a problem - I don't see MULF/TELE (I believe that's how INPA displays CMEDIA). Also in NCS if change the VO and get all the way up until where I select which module to program I don't see MULF/TELE or CMEDIA in there either.

I'm not sure if maybe I have to first code the new VO to CAS for the combox to show in INPA or NCS first or if it should show just by having the hardware hooked up correctly.

Last edited by mfish123; 03-25-2017 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Fixed it
Appreciate 0