Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > problem with changing wheels/tires

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

problem with changing wheels/tires

today i took my winter tires off and put my summer tires back on. both sets are OEM. when i got in the car i reset the tpms thing but after driving a little ways it threw code cc-id-142...anyone know what that is?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
today i took my winter tires off and put my summer tires back on. both sets are OEM. when i got in the car i reset the tpms thing but after driving a little ways it threw code cc-id-142...anyone know what that is?
Where did the code display show up? I wasn't even aware that our cars can display codes as detailed as that (unless you pulled it from an OBD2 reader, but still wouldn't be in that format).

I'm a bit confused by your post too.......you ssaid you took off your winter tires and put your summer tires back on? Both sets are OEM. But on your title you said you had a problem with changing wheels/tires. Did you just change the tires or you changed the wheels as well?

If you changed wheels, make sure the new wheels have TPMS sensors inside the barrels. If they do, make sure the pressure in each side is good.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Where did the code display show up? I wasn't even aware that our cars can display codes as detailed as that (unless you pulled it from an OBD2 reader, but still wouldn't be in that format).

I'm a bit confused by your post too.......you ssaid you took off your winter tires and put your summer tires back on? Both sets are OEM. But on your title you said you had a problem with changing wheels/tires. Did you just change the tires or you changed the wheels as well?

If you changed wheels, make sure the new wheels have TPMS sensors inside the barrels. If they do, make sure the pressure in each side is good.
i meant problem as in the error code came up. these were the sport package wheels/tires the car came with that i just put back on. when the warning light comes on, you can select check control, then hold down the select button on the left side of the steering wheel and it will display the error code. I am 99% positive the wheels have TPMS since they were the original wheels. i really dont see the dealership taking them out and putting them on the 17"s my snow tires were on.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

anyone?
Appreciate 0