E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Batteries vs Unlock/Locking issues w/ Comfort Access

10-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
hankcah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Batteries vs Unlock/Locking issues w/ Comfort Access

Went to open my gas tank and it won't open. Hmm, figure I'll try to unlock my car again and try again. Nope.

ALL Locks don't go up or down, via remote NOR interior locking button on dash. (KeyFob battery has been replaced just 2 weeks ago!!)

I have to unlock my front door with my "keykey". My car still starts with my KeyFob in my pocket, so that's fine. Car starts right up, and hasn't slow-cranked or anything.

Troubleshooting:
Had my battery tested and shows 80% charged. Does that mean anything? Auto store said it should be at least 90% but just wanting a second opinion

Also, I notice when I don't lock my car, the radio is still on. WHY does it stay on if I'm nowhere near my car? I'm thinking this could be my big problem. As I washed my car and wondering if my radio was on the entire 30 minutes.

Another thing, when washing my car, the soap will run onto the door handles, and simulate the locking/unlocking. Now the lights just blink when I try to unlock/lock it.

As of now, I'm just going to let the car sit a bit and hope it "recharges" and the locking mechanisms return back to normal. Do I need a new battery? Do I really need to register the new battery? Do I need a trickle charger even though it started up just fine this morning at 5am, but only problematic after washing the car?

It's very odd that the gas cap, and door locks don't work at the same time. But one time the interior button worked after sitting for a while.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0