E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E92 330d help!

12-09-2008, 01:52 AM   #45
KD
Private
Rep
Drives: Z3 2.2 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by encee View Post
Thanks KD, good of you to say-so !

Yes mate, being another who has owned many cars in recent years, all with sports seats, the seats in the SE are, perhaps, a slight let-down, certainly in terms of lateral support for upper torso.

I must admit, when I bought mine (used), the deal was so good, and I liked the car so much, that I couldn`t turn it down for the sake of the seats. Like yourself though, I would, next time, definitely be on the lookout for one with them already fitted.

I do have to concede, however, that as I head rapidly toward middle age, and the expanding mid-section that goes with it, the SE seats certainly don`t give me any "fitment issues" (should we call it)...............
LOL Good point on the seats, I'm turning 30 next year... think thats when it all goes downhill?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #46
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by encee View Post
Carl, thanks for sharing this vid with us mate, as I was particularly interested to see it, only because I used to own a Vectra VXR (in standard form, 280bhp)

When I had mine, it did feel very quick, and felt somewhat comparable to my 330d (when standard) although the 330 does feel a bit quicker.

Now mine is mapped, I know that there would be no contest, as such, but again, I`m sure the mapped VXR is very quick too.

Interesting to see then, that yours absolutely DESTROYED it.

Nice one mate !

Thats ok mate, it was great fun doing it. We had a couple of runs with the same result.

He said he off to go and buy a 335d after that

Buy the way encee, ive said it before but i will have to say it again. Your car looks da Bowlacks
      12-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #47
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d SE Steptronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Thats ok mate, it was great fun doing it. We had a couple of runs with the same result.

He said he off to go and buy a 335d after that

Buy the way encee, ive said it before but i will have to say it again. Your car looks da Bowlacks

Cheers Carl, good of you to say-so mate !