E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Need advice for a bumper repair/replacement...

12-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
ToastOfTenacity
Nurburgring Nate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Unhappy Need advice for a bumper repair/replacement...

I was on my way home from the store today, driving on the lovely State Highway 16, and a deer ran in front of my car. This deer chose the one day this year that it's raining here in good ol' south Texas. In swerving to avoid the deer, my back wheels slipped out, and as I don't have much experience in drifting/sliding, I over corrected bringing the wheel back and ended up running off the road. I was able to come to a stop in a reasonably small distance, considering I ran off the road at nearly 50mph, but not before hitting one of those green spikey pole-type-things that hold up fences around people's property. My friend and I escaped unscathed, and the deer lived to cause further mayhem another day. after rinsing off all the nasty wet grass from my front end, I was mortified to discover a horrible little patch that was damaged by the spikey pole thing I hit. I'm a college student on a budget, and would prefer not to drop a ton of money on the car, especially since I just bought a set of wheels (Apex ARC-8s ) I know it won't be free, but I need help. I've never had to repair anything like this before, and am open to anything. If replacing the bumper is necessary, then so be it, but I'll probably go aftermarket (1M or similar) as I planned to do that eventually anyways. I would even be okay with some sort of bolt on cover, like a lip perhaps? The pictures of the damage are attached. Anyways, thank you for anyone who responds.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf IMG_5244.pdf (2.24 MB, 111 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_5246.pdf (2.08 MB, 84 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
BklynTico506
Pura Vida
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blau '08 E90 Xi

For starters I can say Ive never seen a lip that covers that portion of the bumper. So you can probably take that off of your list. As far as the possibility of repair, you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in on.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
CeeWhizzle
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Buff the crap out of it, leave it for a while and then replace it with the 1M bumper you want. No sense in putting money into a part that you want to remove in the future anyways.
Appreciate 0