E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Where to serive your e9x after the 1st year

09-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Namreh
L Plate Newbie
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 325i LCI

Garage List
Where to serive your e9x after the 1st year

Where to serive your e9x after the 1st year?
How much?
Thanks in advance.
      09-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namreh View Post
Where to serive your e9x after the 1st year?
How much?
Thanks in advance.

Really can't undestand what u mean , you got 2 years warranty, why you so worry about the 2nd year??
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
ct087ct087
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
Really can't undestand what u mean , you got 2 years warranty, why you so worry about the 2nd year??

2 years warranty is just for parts. the service for 2nd year is optional meaning you have to pay for it. this is weird.... in case if any parts failed, can i just detach it by my own garage and send back to BMWHK for RMA/replacement? obviously, they won't accept it......anyway, off topic. sorry.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
kcleung
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323

I got a free basic inspection invitation from bmw when mine reached 2 years old. they changed the oil and brake fluid at the same time which I had to pay. it was obviously more expensive than garages on the st but the charges were too unreasonable. they reset the gearbox for me free of charge (and clean the car). so overall, it wasnt too bad.
      09-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #5
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct087ct087 View Post
2 years warranty is just for parts. the service for 2nd year is optional meaning you have to pay for it. this is weird.... in case if any parts failed, can i just detach it by my own garage and send back to BMWHK for RMA/replacement? obviously, they won't accept it......anyway, off topic. sorry.

Then, you won't believe I got free charges on these 2 years except I asking for engine oil changing except the 1st time, I have kept with me all the service records which I think more than 20 sheets :P
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
ct087ct087
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
Then, you won't believe I got free charges on these 2 years except I asking for engine oil changing except the 1st time, I have kept with me all the service records which I think more than 20 sheets :P
it could be different service terms applying to diff. model. at least, 325i doesn't get that free of charge 2nd year service.... I haven't asked BMWHK further but the letter (at the end of 1st year) they sent me stated very clearly. that's also why Namreh is asking where can do service after 1st year. It may helpful if you share how you can get that free of charge 2nd year service so Namreh and I can call up BMWHK to give a try.

Of course, I believe BMWHK would give free of charge service/part for well known issue (such as HPFP???) even after warranty period.
Appreciate 0