E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Remus exhaust owner please chime in!!!

01-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
ldp118
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 335i coupe

Remus exhaust owner please chime in!!!

I'm looking to purchase this exhaust but have a few question. I have a vorstiener rear apron and was wondering if this exhaust would fit?
And after looking underneath the rear bumper I noticed 2 screws securing the bumper to the frame. The location of the screws and hangers are the area where its to be cut.
Last question after cutting th oem exhaust I would lost the exhaust flapper on the driver and would this cause any error on the dash?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Garage List
the remus race quads are slightly smaller in diameter than the sport. what year 335 do you have, shouldn't really matter. as for the hanger in the middle (m-tech oem) I cut mine off when I installed my duke dynamic cf diffuser. talk to eddie at **********s for the exact measurements. the "flapper" gets removed when you remove the oem exhaust - just golf tee the vacuum line and tuck it up in the bumper with a zip-strip. no cel whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldp118 View Post
I'm looking to purchase this exhaust but have a few question. I have a vorstiener rear apron and was wondering if this exhaust would fit?
And after looking underneath the rear bumper I noticed 2 screws securing the bumper to the frame. The location of the screws and hangers are the area where its to be cut.
Last question after cutting th oem exhaust I would lost the exhaust flapper on the driver and would this cause any error on the dash?

Thanks
The Remus US Sound Race exhaust tips measure 84mm or 3.3 inches per side. You want to make sure that each side has enough clearance for at least 84mm on the diffuser cutout. You can simply remove the screws and cut off the hangers without any issues. Remus does provide a small piece of nylon webbed hose to crimp the vacuum line. You'll also have instructions that will tell you to zip tie the crimped line to a frame or body member away from any exhaust parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanhiker View Post
the remus race quads are slightly smaller in diameter than the sport. what year 335 do you have, shouldn't really matter. as for the hanger in the middle (m-tech oem) I cut mine off when I installed my duke dynamic cf diffuser. talk to eddie at **********s for the exact measurements. the "flapper" gets removed when you remove the oem exhaust - just golf tee the vacuum line and tuck it up in the bumper with a zip-strip. no cel whatsoever.
Thanks for the feedback on the exhaust. I do want to also let you know that Eddie is no longer with the company so feel free to contact me if you have any quesitons at all about any mods you're looking to do with your N55!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Garage List
Thanks Alan for the info --> work on getting the folks at COBB to get that n55 tune!
Appreciate 0