E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Back after over 1yr, some questions (Vishnu)

07-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #67
Jake@MOTIV
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
I have no intention of starting a tuner war with you. I've been around for less than half a year, and I think we both agree that furthering the platform is in all of our best interests. I went with the PROcede simply because careful research led me to believe that it was the best option for my needs. If tomorrow I discover there is tangential evidence that another tune is able to better serve those needs, I'll switch. Anyway, I've edited and broken your response up into three parts, and want to further explore them with you.

1. The noob comment aside, you seemed happy that Wedge had shed light on something you didn't have knowledge of. Were you also joking about that?

2. Why didn't you simply say "all dyno's read differently" instead of using an extremely bizzare east coast/west coast paradox? It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that your competition is on the west coast, does it?

3. I'm not sure why you feel the need to qualify your posts that way. Regardless, it's simply not true.

I wish your business all the best. Don't worry about taking snipes here and there, more importantly, don't live in denial about it. It's all good, business is business
I think you have looked to far into what I have said.

I started off in this thread giving props to shiv. This platform has many tunes available to it and everyone is capable of making the same power. Fuel the car, run a solid boost curve, and run as much timing as you can throw at it (very simplified explanation - depends if you are tuning it or just talking about what overall is done) and the car will make 400+whp. You can go with any tune and make power the choice of the consumer is which is their preferred method of doing that. At the end of the day we all can make the same amount. I obviously prefer flash tuning, shiv obviously prefers his piggyback, etc. They both work great. It has nothing to do with competition.

As for the open loop vs closed loop tuning - I am not sure where someone showed me the open loop tables. This car runs closed loop fueling. If the procede has added open loop fueling I guess his reference makes sense.

If you look into my comments trying to find where I am taking shots at someone I am sure you can fabricate something but I have no ill will towards shiv or terry or any of the other tuners on this platform. This is a fun hobby of mine that turned into a side business with a friend. I am pretty sure i haven't tried to sell you or anyone in this thread. I believe i have repeatedly said "Every tune for our cars will get you power- the decision is simply which one you want to use"...they all do the same thing just differently and are capable of reaching the same amount of power - same engine, same cars.

Last edited by Jake@MOTIV; 07-31-2012 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #68
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
Thanks man. I'll see if it's available out here.
this is the stuff

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/turb...r-378-l/912232

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #69
edo
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Guys, which e-mail should I use in order to get some answers from Vishnu regarding upgrading form Rev.2 to Rev2.5/3?
I wrote to shiv@vishnutuning.com 5 days ago, but haven't received an answer. Should I use sales@vishnutuning.com (the only contact email on Vishnu's site)?

Thanks in advance.

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #70
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Yes, use sales, I believe shiv is in asia installing turbo kits.
Appreciate 0