E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Chemical Guys Glossworks car wash. No suds at all

03-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Chemical Guys Glossworks car wash. No suds at all

Hey guys, so I bought a bottle of chemical guys glossworkz to try out. Suppose to give a nice shine and be a PH balanced soap that is safe for washing the car, I was gonna use it as a maintenance wash soap.

I used 1oz to 4-5 gallons as directed and used my sheepskin mit to wash the car. But to my surprise, there was almost no suds, and it looked as if I was just moving water around the car. Maybe I wasn't expecting a lot of suds from this shampoo, but almost none? But I feel almost unsafe washing my car like this.

Im thinking of going onto something like mr. pink from CG or there maxi suds. Any other recommendations from you guys?
      03-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Was it probably meant for a soap gun? http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun....FQepnQod83EAAg
I use that for all my soaps.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Kmf1207
Rep
Drives: E90 328i lci

I've found, for the most part, that when a shampoo tries to do something more than just clean and create lubricity for washing (i.e. add gloss, wash and wax etc) they create far less suds. I bought a Megs wash and wax and had to use 3x more than recommended to get the amount of suds I thought was safe.

Mr. Pink from CG is a great wash either way and I highly recommend it.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Should have gone with either CW&G or Honeydew SF
      03-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Was it probably meant for a soap gun? http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun....FQepnQod83EAAg
I use that for all my soaps.
From my research and description it was meant for regular two bucket method. I know this might not be the most sud wash since it focus is on slickness and a shine, but it almost felt unsafe. I want to up the ratio of soap to water but im scared it will begin to strip protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmf1207 View Post
I've found, for the most part, that when a shampoo tries to do something more than just clean and create lubricity for washing (i.e. add gloss, wash and wax etc) they create far less suds. I bought a Megs wash and wax and had to use 3x more than recommended to get the amount of suds I thought was safe.

Mr. Pink from CG is a great wash either way and I highly recommend it.
Yea I guess, the product description got me a little too excited, The shine after the wash was very nice, but the during washing process had me on edge, very lil suds and almost like I was jus dipping my mitt into water, it was slick though.

Im not sure if I up the dilution that it might begin to strip protection. I might give it one more try with a lil more dilution.

Yea I might have to retire this for Mr. pink which is suppose to be a good maintenance wash with a lot of suds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
Should have gone with either CW&G or Honeydew SF
Honeydew is for foam funs and canons no.
I was thinking either, maxi suds, CW&G or mr pink. They just seem to all do the same basic thing, there description are pretty identical to eachother.
      03-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

You can still use HDSF for normal washing. Mr. Pink lacks in the lubricity department.
      03-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #7
guru_method
Eating M3s for breakfast
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW 09 135i M

Lusso Auto Bathe... It's just the best I've ever used. I have Mr. Pink and it just doesn't compare. I've used it in foam gun and in bucket and it outperformes in every way. Slickness, Thick Suds and Smells great!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #8
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_method View Post
Lusso Auto Bathe... It's just the best I've ever used. I have Mr. Pink and it just doesn't compare. I've used it in foam gun and in bucket and it outperformes in every way. Slickness, Thick Suds and Smells great!
Lusso better then Mr. pink? Ive heard nice stuff about Lusso, but what makes it better then mr. pink? More suds?
Thanks for the advice.

P.s. I was told to use about double the recommended oz's with my glossworkz for more suds. Lets see how that goes. It suppose to not strip wax even at a high dilution.
      03-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #9
guru_method
Eating M3s for breakfast
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW 09 135i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
Lusso better then Mr. pink? Ive heard nice stuff about Lusso, but what makes it better then mr. pink? More suds?
Thanks for the advice.

P.s. I was told to use about double the recommended oz's with my glossworkz for more suds. Lets see how that goes. It suppose to not strip wax even at a high dilution.
I get more suds with less in the MTM Lance as well as the bucket. I have a DD wool mitt and you can just feel the difference in slickness. I extensively corrected my car and wash it with Lusso and I still have ~98% swirl free finish with dual bucket method an Lusso, and the wax is holding up great, it's designed to protect the wax and make it pop.

I like chemical guys but this is just a whole other level in soap, I find myself washing the same areas over and over just to keep smelling it and it pains me to throw away the water after, it's so good. Try it and let me know.

I only use Mr. Pink for the foam gun on my non corrected cars, and I have to add a lot to get the thickness of the lusso.

Last edited by guru_method; 03-05-2013 at 12:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_method View Post
I get more suds with less in the MTM Lance as well as the bucket. I have a DD wool mitt and you can just feel the difference in slickness. I extensively corrected my car and wash it with Lusso and I still have ~98% swirl free finish with dual bucket method an Lusso, and the wax is holding up great, it's designed to protect the wax and make it pop.

I like chemical guys but this is just a whole other level in soap, I find myself washing the same areas over and over just to keep smelling it and it pains me to throw away the water after, it's so good. Try it and let me know.

I only use Mr. Pink for the foam gun on my non corrected cars, and I have to add a lot to get the thickness of the lusso.

WOW im surprised.. I might have to give lusso a try since there is so much positive review on it! Thanks.