E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Can I run H&R sport wit FSD's?

10-13-2008, 01:55 AM   #1
MarioKart
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black on Black

Can I run H&R sport wit FSD's?

Right now I have H&R sports on Koni yellows but I would like to swap for FSD's. I want to make sure FSD's and H&R sport work well with each other. I used to have FSD's on my Mini Cooper with Hsport springs and the car drove super smooth and handled great, but then I got greedy and did coilovers. Any coilover on a Mini will ride like a skateboard but handles like a magnet.
TIA
Mario
      10-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
bknight
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M Competition

i was looking into this but found a lot of posts by a user called "Fraggy" who had a terrible experience with Koni FSDs plus H&R springs. if you search for his posts you will find all the feedback
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

I'm surprised to hear negative feedback about this setup. I have several customers running the Sport springs on the FSDs and find them to be a nice upgrade over stock without making it too bouncy or firm. You can also do the Eibach Pro Kit springs with the FSDs for a similar matched setup.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
MarioKart
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I'm surprised to hear negative feedback about this setup. I have several customers running the Sport springs on the FSDs and find them to be a nice upgrade over stock without making it too bouncy or firm. You can also do the Eibach Pro Kit springs with the FSDs for a similar matched setup.
Cool, I want to be able to re-use my H&R's since I already paid for them and I like the drop. The Yellows with my 20" wheels seem to make the car bounce or pogo too much. They used to ride perfect when I had 19's Here is a pic of my car now with 20's and H&R sport. They are slightly tucked.
Thanks
Mario
Attached Images

10-13-2008, 09:40 PM   #5
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
i was looking into this but found a lot of posts by a user called "Fraggy" who had a terrible experience with Koni FSDs plus H&R springs. if you search for his posts you will find all the feedback
Others besides me feel the same way. Orb had technical reasons why this would not work, but I ignored him and learned the hard way.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #6
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKart View Post
Right now I have H&R sports on Koni yellows but I would like to swap for FSD's. I want to make sure FSD's and H&R sport work well with each other. I used to have FSD's on my Mini Cooper with Hsport springs and the car drove super smooth and handled great, but then I got greedy and did coilovers. Any coilover on a Mini will ride like a skateboard but handles like a magnet.
TIA
Mario
You need to cut a full inch off the bumps stop then stand a chance but the FSD don't seem to do well with progressive springs.

Orb
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
MarioKart
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
You need to cut a full inch off the bumps stop then stand a chance but the FSD don't seem to do well with progressive springs.

Orb
"stand a chance"??? I thought H&R sport springs are linear not progressive like Eibach
      10-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKart View Post
"stand a chance"??? I thought H&R sport springs are linear not progressive like Eibach
Nope, they are very proressive...more so than the Eibach apprenetly but I was never able to get any data on this.

Orb
Appreciate 0