E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Advice on Leather E92 Interior Swap

12-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Raptor101
Rep
Drives: 5 series Touring

Advice on Leather E92 Interior Swap

Ladies & Gents

I recently bought an E92 320D SE at auction: great motor and I love it but it is only equipped with an SE cloth interior which I'm not so keen on. The seats are part electrically adjusted and unheated and the rear has a split seat and armrest.

Having previously swapped an E39 Touring interior cloth for leather and finding it pretty easy and being pleased with results, I'm looking at getting an SE leather interior off eBay and having a crack at an interior change again.

My questions are this:

1. Will I be able to fit fully electric and heated front seats to my car? Is the relevant loom available for simple plugging in.
2. Is the heated seat switch prewired into the dash so I only need to fit the switch itself or will I have to add parts to the loom?
3. What will I have to do to prevent an airbag light coming on, just disconnect the batt?
Any other glaring bits I have omitted. I'm not looking for a full M Sport retrim, just after the leather experience and a bit of heat on a v cold morning!

Appreciate your thoughts and advice, especially from those that have done it like RAF555 and Bakili.

Regards

R101
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Raptor101
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

i think you will need the heated seat switches and a loom from the switches to the fuse box under the passenger side dash its doeable but not cheap unless you can source the switches on ebay. i have 2 e92 black leather fully electric sports seat heated virtually as new if of interest £395 collected.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Merv B
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2005 320D SE

I looked into to this when swapping my se interior. The general thought was no as the wiring loom for the electric seats is not there. In the end I opted for alcantara sport seats with electric lumber. I still need to get the electric wired up as anyone I asked said they did not know how to tackle it. My thinking is that I could wire it into the power supply for the socket under the armrest and add a fuse for safety.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
raf555
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor101 View Post
Ladies & Gents

Appreciate your thoughts and advice, especially from those that have done it like RAF555 and Bakili.

Regards

R101
hey mate,

when i did my swap i swapped like for like so was plug n play!

but it can be done but may need a garage to help with wiring.

i got a E92 interior top of the range fox red leathers if u interested...

showing sold on link but still got them as some idiot with zero feedback from Italy decided to click buy it now and wants shipping to Italy... he's having laugh!!
i also got the heated switch buttons too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Raptor101
Rep

Thanks for the reply mate but really after black. S'pose I could just go for the non heated option as the adjustment is all integral on the seat I assume, with the controls on the seat base?
Appreciate 0