E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Can you start a thread so it appears in all regional forums worldwide

Closed Thread

03-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #89
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
In fairness these threads to tend to take on a life of their own but, with such a carrot being dangled, no surprise really.

Hopefully we'll all find out the truth soon enough...
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #90
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN335i View Post
Hi everyone,

I have asked Mods (Viv) to close this thread, (No, I have not had a satisfactory outcome, very far from it).

Just a bit stressed over the situation, and found some of my replies to posts yesterday were "out of character" for me, it is obviously getting to me more than I realised. So best closed I think.

My apologies to Paul especially, and anyone else.

Best wishes,

Michael.
I disagree Michael (closing the thread)

It's clear that they have read the thread, yet continue to pussy foot around and not serve their client,something that happened before, but in that case it affected multiple buyers!

Being based in the US, they have also probably reached the conclusion that UK buyers are in the minority,which is correct,based on import duties and shipping costs etc from Florida.

Let's face it, the last group buy they were involved with turned into a farce,and they know their press is not exactly something to be proud of.
Their also probably hoping that you'll go away, or accept a less than satisfactory conclusion,one which suits them better.

I'd say bust their balls,and let us know the facts, so we can judge.

The forums, both here and in the US don't take kindly to being jerked off!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #91
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I disagree Michael (closing the thread)

It's clear that they have read the thread, yet continue to pussy foot around and not serve their client,something that happened before, but in that case it affected multiple buyers!

Being based in the US, they have also probably reached the conclusion that UK buyers are in the minority,which is correct,based on import duties and shipping costs etc from Florida.

Let's face it, the last group buy they were involved with turned into a farce,and they know their press is not exactly something to be proud of.
Their also probably hoping that you'll go away, or accept a less than satisfactory conclusion,one which suits them better.

I'd say bust their balls,and let us know the facts, so we can judge.

The forums, both here and in the US don't take kindly to being jerked off!
I'd say what they want to happen, is happening - OP threatened something and didn't follow it up.

As for the stress etc, this is an open forum, on the internet, with people who care about the products/services in question.

See below for what I really think.

Matt
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #92
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Purely to protect other forum sponsors and companies, and for those (and there cannot be many) who have not worked it out:

ALUFELGEN/DTM RACK

The "usual problem" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I am getting flamed over this, in my defence I would like to say:

I asked a simple question in the first place, all I wanted was an answer to my question, but people asked "why I wanted to know how to do it", rather than be rude and not answer them, out of good manners & courtesy, I tried to answer them without compromising my own situation.

I DID NOT intentionally "dangle any carrots", and did not want to turn it into a "rumour mill" or "guessing game", IMHO some comments other than my own contributed to the "issues" some have with this thread.

Bye !
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #93
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I have asked Mods (Viv) to close this thread, (No, I have not had a satisfactory outcome, very far from it).

Just a bit stressed over the situation, and found some of my replies to posts yesterday were "out of character" for me, it is obviously getting to me more than I realised. So best closed I think.

My apologies to Paul especially, and anyone else.

Best wishes,

Michael.
No problem - we are a good forum and I like to think we all have each other's interest at heart. As you are not happy, why do you still not spill the beans? Surely, it's in everyone's interest to know so we don't deal with "insert company here"

Paul

EDIT - beat me to it!
      03-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #94
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Purely to protect other forum sponsors and companies, and for those (and there cannot be many) who have not worked it out:

ALUFELGEN/DTM RACK

The "usual problem" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I am getting flamed over this, in my defence I would like to say:

I asked a simple question in the first place, all I wanted was an answer to my question, but people asked "why I wanted to know how to do it", rather than be rude and not answer them, out of good manners & courtesy, I tried to answer them without compromising my own situation.

I DID NOT intentionally "dangle any carrots", and did not want to turn it into a "rumour mill" or "guessing game", IMHO some comments other than my own contributed to the "issues" some have with this thread.

Bye !
You're not getting flamed, far from it, on the whole people are trying to help.

So DTMrack are the distributors of Alufelgen wheels?

If that is the case I'm wrong in some respects as the GB was with Alufelgen directly.
It could be the case Alufelgen are in some respects an innocent party, as all they did was supply DTM.

Michael, have you communicated with Alufelgen directly about your problem with DTM?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #95
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I'd say what they want to happen, is happening - OP threatened something and didn't follow it up.

As for the stress etc, this is an open forum, on the internet, with people who care about the products/services in question.

See below for what I really think.

Matt
When I mentioned stress, it was from my situation, not of being on the forum/net.

The photo has gone completely over my head, care to explain ????

Unless you are saying I am "an old woman" ????
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #96
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

Michael,

I urge you to post your experience with DTM Rack/Alufelgen with the pictures you've taken on this section of the forum:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

The humilation in front of their main customers in the US will surely change their mind about sorting out the predicament.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #97
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
Michael,

I urge you to post your experience with DTM Rack/Alufelgen with the pictures you've taken on this section of the forum
Michael, I assume you have the wheels but they were damaged in transit?

We've heard that one before and seen the pictures (not the video though),so there is a track record of this happening before.

It sounds like you ordered the wheels,Alufelgen took the order from DTM and they (Alufelgen) shipped the wheels on DTM's behalf.

Is your problem determining who (DTM or Alufelgen) to blame, and is one or both passing the buck?

Where's fucking Barnaby when you need him, or does he just do moider!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #98
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
You're not getting flamed, far from it, on the whole people are trying to help.

So DTMrack are the distributors of Alufelgen wheels?

If that is the case I'm wrong in some respects as the GB was with Alufelgen directly.
It could be the case Alufelgen are in some respects an innocent party, as all they did was supply DTM.

Michael, have you communicated with Alufelgen directly about your problem with DTM?
Ian,

A very very long story, had a deal with Matt @ Alufelgen, but I wanted Fedex, as opposed to the idiots they normally use, but it took him eight days to give me a Fedex quote for shipping, when he finally gave me the quote, he added "actually we are now out of stock now" WTF, so I was passed over to DTM Rack, who had stock, (they were told to honour the deal I had with Alufelgen)

I paid DTM the money, but they were shipped by Alufelgen WTF ?????

I will leave you to your own opinions of what that was all about.

So they are both involved, thats why I wrote "Alufelgen/DTM Rack"

To post the full story, need to include, e-mails, photos, invoices, phone conversation logs, etc etc. Not sure there is any point, bottom line is they haven't changed, despite all the promises that they had learned from the Group Buy debacle, and further promises from both about improved packaging, and guaranteed extra packing above and beyond the "improved" packaging, and a "premium" Fedex service ($400 worth) they still got trashed.

They are trying to blame Fedex, but facts are facts and photos don't lie, totally insufficient packing.

At the moment I am stuck with a £200.00 VAT/Duty bill, which has to be paid regardless.

HM's Customs & Excise, not known for their sympathy !!!!!!!!!

Best wishes,

Michael.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #99
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
That is exactly why I wrote 'not again' or something similar as soon as the possible purchases were publicised

I then received quite a scathing PM from Matt at Alufelgen who explained to me they had 'gone out of their way' to make the members of the last group buy satisfied

Almost as though I was the one in the wrong for shipping them half way around the world in Tesco bags. They KNOW they were wrong for packaging the wheels in such a shit way. It cost me another set of carriage that I had to arrange myself to collect the second set of wheels, (which incidentally also arrived with a damaged paint finish due to Alufelgen sticking self adhesive clear plastic all over them!) - they did refund me the third set of postage though and because they did that I should kiss their arse for it!

Other members, such as Jimmy, had even more of a nightmare than me with them.

They are near on impossible to get hold of.
Dont return phone calls.
Don't respond to emails.
Don't give a toss about customer service.

Even though I love my wheels, I didn't love the buying experience which turned into months of hassle and extra cost.

The annoying thing is it was completely avoidable had they been packed properly.

Even more annoying is that Merlin's current 'saga' could have been prevented in EXACTLY the same way!!!

Seems the yanks will never learn

(I await my PM from Matt )
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #100
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
That is exactly why I wrote 'not again' or something similar as soon as the possible purchases were publicised

I then received quite a scathing PM from Matt at Alufelgen who explained to me they had 'gone out of their way' to make the members of the last group buy satisfied

Almost as though I was the one in the wrong for shipping them half way around the world in Tesco bags. They KNOW they were wrong for packaging the wheels in such a shit way. It cost me another set of carriage that I had to arrange myself to collect the second set of wheels, (which incidentally also arrived with a damaged paint finish due to Alufelgen sticking self adhesive clear plastic all over them!) - they did refund me the third set of postage though and because they did that I should kiss their arse for it!

Other members, such as Jimmy, had even more of a nightmare than me with them.

They are near on impossible to get hold of.
Dont return phone calls.
Don't respond to emails.
Don't give a toss about customer service.

Even though I love my wheels, I didn't love the buying experience which turned into months of hassle and extra cost.

The annoying thing is it was completely avoidable had they been packed properly.

Even more annoying is that Merlin's current 'saga' could have been prevented in EXACTLY the same way!!!

Seems the yanks will never learn

Paul,

I was waiting for the cavalry !!!!!!!!!

Your awaiting a PM from Matt, I'm expecting a hitman !

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT (behind the scenes).

Best wishes,

Michael.

Last edited by MERLIN335i; 03-18-2011 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #101
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ian,

A very very long story, had a deal with Matt @ Alufelgen, but I wanted Fedex, as opposed to the idiots they normally use, but it took him eight days to give me a Fedex quote for shipping, when he finally gave me the quote, he added "actually we are now out of stock now" WTF, so I was passed over to DTM Rack, who had stock, (they were told to honour the deal I had with Alufelgen)

I paid DTM the money, but they were shipped by Alufelgen WTF ?????

I will leave you to your own opinions of what that was all about.

So they are both involved, thats why I wrote "Alufelgen/DTM Rack"

To post the full story, need to include, e-mails, photos, invoices, phone conversation logs, etc etc. Not sure there is any point, bottom line is they haven't changed, despite all the promises that they had learned from the Group Buy debacle, and further promises from both about improved packaging, and guaranteed extra packing above and beyond the "improved" packaging, and a "premium" Fedex service ($400 worth) they still got trashed.

They are trying to blame Fedex, but facts are facts and photos don't lie, totally insufficient packing.

At the moment I am stuck with a £200.00 VAT/Duty bill, which has to be paid regardless.

HM's Customs & Excise, not known for their sympathy !!!!!!!!!

Best wishes,

Michael.
So Alufelgen were out of stock.

Are you saying that DTM who had the stock, returned the wheels that originated from Alufelgen, back to Alufelgen, who then shipped them to you?

Wow, I struggled to write and comprehend that, and I'm sure a storywriter for 'Jackanory' would know he'd not get away with a storyline like that even to 5 yr olds!

Communication was why I never used Alufelgen for their own product, it was abysmal frankly.
Even US forum members who are awake at the same time as Alufelgen's representative wonder about the planet Alufelgen must live on.

I take it the wheels are unrepairable?

Perhaps you could post up the pics you have taken.
The story is now out, or partly, and based on the previous debacle, no-one would disbelieve a word you say, how could they?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #102
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
pheeeeeeeeewwwwww....i'll be more careful now...(i'm normally careful anyways....took me 2 years to get a JB plus...)

sounds like lots of "passing the bucket" is going about....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #103
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
So Alufelgen were out of stock.

Are you saying that DTM who had the stock, returned the wheels that originated from Alufelgen, back to Alufelgen, who then shipped them to you?

I take it the wheels are unrepairable?
Ian,

Had stock when the deal was done, took so long to get shipping quote, had then sold out.

Yep !!! that is what appears to have happened, and the Fedex shipping label says shipper "Alufelgen" as does the "Customs Invoice" !!!!!!

If you think the Alufelgen/DTM/Alufelgen route is beyond belief, try this:

Wheels could be refurbed, but for me to keep the wheels, "they" have to drop their claim against Fedex (due to if Fedex pay out, the wheels become their property, as with car write-off) so by dropping the claim they would not be paid out, therefore, I have to pay "them" the money they would have got from Fedex, ($1000) just to keep three (yes three, did I not mention only three arrived, silly me) damaged wheels, then pay Lepson's (£400) to refurb them, and buy a fourth wheel, this would cost me far more than the wheels did in the first place !!!

Whoops!! and still pay the £200.00 imoprt duty,

Customer Service at it's best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael.

Last edited by MERLIN335i; 03-18-2011 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #104
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
over to alufelgen or concerned reseller!....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #105
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ian,

Had stock when the deal was done, took so long to get shipping quote, had then sold out.

Yep !!! that is what appears to have happened, and the Fedex shipping label says shipper "Alufelgen" as does the "Customs Invoice" !!!!!!

If you think the Alufelgen/DTM/Alufelgen route is beyond belief, try this:

Wheels could be refurbed, but for me to keep the wheels, "they" have to drop their claim against Fedex (due to if Fedex pay out, the wheels become their property, as with car write-off) so by dropping the claim they would not be paid out, therefore, I have to pay "them" the money they would have got from Fedex, ($1000) just to keep three (yes three, did I not mention only three arrived, silly me) damaged wheels, then pay Lepson's (£400) to refurb them, and buy a fourth wheel, this would cost me far more than the wheels did in the first place !!!

Whoops!! and still pay the £200.00 imoprt duty,

Customer Service at it's best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael.
Geez, you've had a tough time!

So you make a deal, and because they fanny around getting a shipping quote, they sell your wheels from under you! Nice, I didn't know the Yanks knew about gazumping,albeit for the same $'s (I'm assuming).

You did tell them the wheels were for a BMW 3 series and not a Reliant Robin?

3 fucking wheels!You couldn't make this story up
You paid for 4 I assume? Sounds a silly Q I know.

Got to be honest Michael, I don't know what I'd do in your situation, if it helps though, I've just had my CS7's refurbed for £55.00pw + VAT, but it could be more in your case if the damage is that bad.

So where are you at know with our friends (v loose term) from across the pond, is it still stalemate?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #106
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
if u paid for 4 wheels and get 3....

MATE, IF IT WAS ME....THEIR NAMES WOULD BE ON ALL FORUMS I'M A MEMBER OF...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #107
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:

Geez, you've had a tough time!

So you make a deal, and because they fanny around getting a shipping quote, they sell your wheels from under you! Nice, I didn't know the Yanks knew about gazumping,albeit for the same $'s (I'm assuming). YES

You did tell them the wheels were for a BMW 3 series and not a Reliant Robin?

When Fedex delivered the driver said to me " Didn't know you had a Reliant". I thought he was joking !

3 fucking wheels!You couldn't make this story up

Initial story from Fedex USA was fourth wheel, "too damaged to ship" (and that was before it left the US), after searching depot for four days, declared it a "lost"

You paid for 4 I assume? Sounds a silly Q I know. YES

Got to be honest Michael, I don't know what I'd do in your situation, if it helps though, I've just had my CS7's refurbed for £55.00pw + VAT, but it could be more in your case if the damage is that bad.

Not viable to keep wheels and refurb, please re-read my last post.

So where are you at know with our friends (v loose term) from across the pond, is it still stalemate?

Last offer was to supply a new set @ "half price" $699.00, + shipping, but that is not "half price", it is exactly what DTM paid Alufelgen for them.

Really bending over backwards to help, my arse, more like it's me being bent over, please see attached image of invoice left in box, to prove this point.

As you can see DTM still owe Alufelgen $399 (shipping costs)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #108
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
What a bunch of clowns!
      03-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #109
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Stuff
That's not an offer from Alufelgen, that's a pisstake, and doubling their turnover to boot all because they fucked up!

I'd write the whole sorry saga up in word (forum supported font), and post it on every forum that is in any way connected with BMW's.

It looks like Alufelgen do nothing more than have 'distributors/franchises', but put wheels to one side for those distributors in a central warehouse, probably their own.
Once their (Alufelgen) distributors get an order,Alufelgen ship them.

Your invoice is identical to mine,I could scan it, upload it and bar the shipping details it would be the same,I also ordered via a distributor.

Bunch of shysters
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #110
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
Paul,

Any e-mails or PM's yet ?? Your bound to get it in the neck for aiding & abetting me, and telling the truth.

All quiet here, and no men with violin cases lurking about yet !

Michael.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread