E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW E92 Engine management light after kick down

11-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
whitti
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i E90 Aero

BMW E92 Engine management light after kick down

Hi Guys,

I'm new on here.. just bought my self a 335i E92, was really happy with it until it came up with a engine management light after i pressed the accelerator all the way to the floor.

It doesnt do it all the time, its currently back with the dealer who i bought it from (not bmw or approved) and they are looking in to it.

I sent it to BMW before this and it had a lot of error codes in the ECU, Im hoping they send it to bmw, get the errors cleared then have a fresh slate of errors to deal with..

hoping it gets sorted, has anyone had this issue before?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Buy a JB4 and you can pull the codes/clear the codes as you drive: http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_pnp_...nce_tuner.html

The real plus would be the new found power from the tune

If at WOT you are getting the CEL and then the car shakes and then after a short while of driving your CEL goes away... then you probably have a bad spark plug, bad coil, or bad injector. The error codes will tell you all that you need to know to diagnose and resolve the problem in this forum.

On a more difficult case it could be the 2 Vanos solenoids or it could be the eccentric shaft.

- Faz

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitti View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm new on here.. just bought my self a 335i E92, was really happy with it until it came up with a engine management light after i pressed the accelerator all the way to the floor.

It doesnt do it all the time, its currently back with the dealer who i bought it from (not bmw or approved) and they are looking in to it.

I sent it to BMW before this and it had a lot of error codes in the ECU, Im hoping they send it to bmw, get the errors cleared then have a fresh slate of errors to deal with..

hoping it gets sorted, has anyone had this issue before?
Appreciate 0