E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > I want to buy my new car, CASH!

07-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #45
Pappy
Resident Septuagenarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 328i Coupe MT w/hand brake

I just bought a 2008 328i coupe with cash.

Pro for paying cash;

The car is mine right now.

I hate monthly payments (house and cars are paid in full).

Ordered the car the way I wanted and said this is my top offer, about 2.5% over invoice.

When they caved to my final offer, I said OK, now throw in floor and trunk mats and tint.

They choked on that, but, a few days later, said OK.

Done deal, and again, the car is 100% mine.....

Sent from my keyboard using hunt and peck...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 08:19 PM   #46
DSXMachina
If I don't get reincarnated I'm screwed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92, 6MT, TiAg, Walnut, Saddle

I paid cash for my car and accidently got the best deal of my life. My brand new '07 335 cost me less than $9,000! Here's how: I sold some Washington Mutual (WM or WaMu as it's known) stock to buy the car. At the time the stock was near its high, hovering at about $45/share. I sold 850 shares at 45 to net $38,250. To this I added $4K cash to meet the ED price.
Today that same stock is worth less than $4100! WaMu is in the dumper big time. So my $4k cash and the current stock value equals $8250. Luckiest stock sale timing I ever made in my life.
(Note to the realists: I know I really paid $42,250 for the car because a year ago the stock was worth a lot more. But the fact is that same stock today is crap and so I convinced myself I bought the car with next to worthless stock. Of course if next year WaMu is up to 60 I'll think differently. Guess what though, WaMu will be lucky to see the end of the year with any book value at all.)
Appreciate 0