E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Space News & Updates!

09-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i, 13' 911 C2S, 10' X5D

Space News & Updates!

Very exciting day

dark streaks in the direction of the sun discovered and is revealed in the NARA live press conference. The dark streaks that have been observed over the past 4 years are now identified as water streaks sensitive to season and temperatures on Mars.

At 1.9 micron and 2.14 microns wave lengths, Mars' surface minerals absorb this light "sodium hydro-chloride (Salt)" become hydrated with molecular water in the crystal structure of the salt due to RSL.

Liquid water is highly unstable on the surface of Mars' but the Perchlorate-brine mixture salts means that water doesn't boil until -70 C on Mars. So if humidity gets high enough on Mars' the Perchlorate salt will possibly produce liquid water.

Long story short:
water on Mars' is official and liquid is possible and has been found

Pluto New Horizon Mission has some updates:

The Rosetta Mission and Comet 67p Latest

Update as the new comes in!
PS. If you haven't already, look up the electric universe for factual finding about the Roseta comet and Pluto landing. That's right electricity (not gravity) is the predominate source of attraction in the universe. This makes the Big bang unnecessary

Last edited by DJKapeesh; 10-20-2015 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: update comet 67p news
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

I'm so heading there for my next family vacay.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #3
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
I'm so heading there for my next family vacay.
Make sure you book it first class because 18 months in coach is a bitch!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #4
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Make sure you book it first class because 18 months in coach is a bitch!
Nah, I'll buy the cryogen package.

Btw, I've always wondered, do you dream in 60fps now?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #5
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Can someone explain the significance of all the exploration and studies on Mars? Who was it, Elon Musk that wants to send people there to live (correct me if wrong)?

I get that the 'possibilities' of life outside Earth is a factor, but I mean..., what the hell is the point of all this. Without uncovering new knowledge you can't advance, but what does Mars truly have to offer us?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Can someone explain the significance of all the exploration and studies on Mars? Who was it, Elon Musk that wants to send people there to live (correct me if wrong)?

I get that the 'possibilities' of life outside Earth is a factor, but I mean..., what the hell is the point of all this. Without uncovering new knowledge you can't advance, but what does Mars truly have to offer us?
It's a way for rich folks to continue living when shit hits the fan back home.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #7
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
It's a way for rich folks to continue living when shit hits the fan back home.
You politely trying to tell me I'm fukt?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:40 AM   #8
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Maybe paint a little more on your free time and let me auction it. Maybe by that time, we'll both be sitting next to each other on the flight to mars.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:41 AM   #9
NocturnalEVO
Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
You politely trying to tell me I'm fukt?
^^pretty much.
'06 R6 Anniversary Edition (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #10
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

basically. Once the earth is depleted, we need somewhere else to go. If you don't want to constantly walk in circles on the roof of some space ship, Mars is the next destination.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #11
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Maybe paint a little more on your free time and let me auction it. Maybe by that time, we'll both be sitting next to each other on the flight to mars.
This is how I imagine our Mars adventure. Tuttaly awesome.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #12
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Keep it up and we'll travel the entire universe with that mad dough.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #13
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
basically. Once the earth is depleted, we need somewhere else to go. If you don't want to constantly walk in circles on the roof of some space ship, Uranus is the next destination.
Fixed.

Too bad we won't be around by the time the Earth is said depleted. Times would be very interesting.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #14
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Fixed.

Thank The Heavens Above we won't be around by the time the Earth is said depleted. Times would be very interesting.
Fixed.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #15
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Been there for a while...

Appreciate 2
      09-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #16
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Fixed.

Thank The Heavens Above we won't be around by the time the Earth is said depleted. Times would be very interesting.
What use have we for resources when our bodies will be prosthetic and oxygen and food will no longer be needed? "Ghost in the Shell"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
basically. Once the earth is depleted, we need somewhere else to go. If you don't want to constantly walk in circles on the roof of some space ship, Mars is the next destination.
Quote:

Impossible. Living on Mars' would be equal to living at Earths Mesophere.

The point of planetary study is simple. We don't know anything factually.
Everything in science today is hypothesized based around the big bang and theory and gravity. What we found from the Roseta Mission to the comet and Pluto is that "Popular Science" could not accurately predict the composition and attributes of these bodies and in fact "The Electrical Universe" is becoming the more commonly excepted science because of its' ability to so far accurately predict the finding of these missions.

Also imagine instead of using earths resources and having to relocate, we could outsource and just get all the minerals, oil, ect we need from other planetary bodies and bring them to earth.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #17
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANGRKE70 View Post
Been there for a while...

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #18
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKapeesh View Post
The point of planetary study is simple. We don't know anything factually.
Everything in science today is hypothesized based around the big bang and theory and gravity. What we found from the Roseta Mission to the comet and Pluto is that "Popular Science" could not accurately predict the composition and attributes of these bodies and in fact "The Electrical Universe" is becoming the more commonly excepted science because of its' ability to so far accurately predict the finding of these missions.

Also imagine instead of using earths resources and having to relocate, we could outsource and just get all the minerals, oil, ect we need from other planetary bodies and bring them to earth.
That's all good and grand, but it seems almost completely unfeasible for us as humans with the amount of stress we put on our home planet as it is right now with hydrocarbons, climate change, exhausting our own resources, etc., I would think we would end up extinct before we could figure out a way to efficiently travel to, collect abundant resources for human life, and THEN turn around and bring it all back to earth. No?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 01:00 PM   #19
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's all good and grand, but it seems almost completely unfeasible for us as humans with the amount of stress we put on our home planet as it is right now with hydrocarbons, climate change, exhausting our own resources, etc., I would think we would end up extinct before we could figure out a way to efficiently travel to, collect abundant resources for human life, and THEN turn around and bring it all back to earth. No?
This has to do with the belief of the global warming thing right?

Some numbers:
71 percent of earth is water
3,959 miles is earths total radius
Human life has existed:200000
(since then 2 types of human "known" sub species have gone extinct)
The invention of cars: Mercedes Benz 1885 (130 years)
First Computer: ENIAC 1946 (70 years)

So we are to assume in 130 years of a planet with these attributes we managed to deplete or are depleting resources at a rate that will cause extinction or hurt the environment due to carbon gasses?

I'm no scientist but the numbers seem off. I admit I can be a conspiracy theorist but I like to think of it as constructive thinking.

The danger we face more so than any domestically is that which comes from space.
IE: Sun's changing behaviors, planetary and interplanetary catastrophe, ect

*edit*
Also u can see how something someone may have thought was stupid like (the car) or the (computer) actually evolves rather quickly through senseless research and development. I say this to draw similarities to your original question. The unknown, unknowns are always the best kinds.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #20
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKapeesh View Post
So we are to assume in 130 years of a planet with these attributes we managed to deplete or are depleting resources at a rate that will cause extinction or hurt the environment due to carbon gasses?

I'm no scientist but the numbers seem off. I admit I can be a conspiracy theorist but I like to think of it as constructive thinking.

The danger we face more so than any domestically is that which comes from space.
IE: Sun's changing behaviors, planetary and interplanetary catastrophe, ect

*edit*
Also u can see how something someone may have thought was stupid like (the car) or the (computer) actually evolves rather quickly through senseless research and development. I say this to draw similarities to your original question. The unknown, unknowns are always the best kinds.
True, and I can agree with what you said, especially given the circumstances of our planet. I do also think that we are having an impact on our planet as a whole, in more ways than just climate change also.

Mass over fishing, pollution of the seas that provide food, over hunting, generic mutations, the list goes on and on. Just some outlying factors that make me question we as humans can really reach a milestone like adapting to new planets or harboring their resources in a feasible amount of time, without depleting a lot of our own resources in the process.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #21
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
True, and I can agree with what you said, especially given the circumstances of our planet. I do also think that we are having an impact on our planet as a whole, in more ways than just climate change also.

Mass over fishing, pollution of the seas that provide food, over hunting, generic mutations, the list goes on and on. Just some outlying factors that make me question we as humans can really reach a milestone like adapting to new planets or harboring their resources in a feasible amount of time, without depleting a lot of our own resources in the process.
Absolutely agree. Something like 50% of the species on the planet have gone extinct during our lifetimes. The greatest mass extinction in 65 million years. And there is no meteor to blame this time, only humans. I'm not 100% sold on man made global warming as I think the sun dictates things more than us, but I'm sure we are magnifying the effect with our pollution. Not sure why global warming is not a bigger issue in this country, but sadly all the politicians seem far more concerned with who is marrying who and who does what with their babies then what happens to the planet. When is the last time someone even talked about our environment during one of these idiotic debates?

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 02:08 PM   #22
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You listened to a debate recently??? j/k

One wrong push of a button, and global "warming" will be a fact of life, such as it will remain.
Appreciate 0