E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Results From My Trip to Sacramento Raceway Park

12-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #45
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

WOW!!! what times. Good job man! Most people on the forums talk like asses, but when you meet them in person, they are nice people to talk to. I hope a lot of people can shut up now, both anti-procede and anti-bms. The procede biased posters on here where quick to jump to conlusions that the accusations where valid since hotrod declined to drive a long distasne for 750 bucks. Hell they were even quick to jump at me and im a fucking procede driver. I commend hotrod for not even caring about this "shiv owes him an apology". Shiv owes no one anything. People are responsible for their own actions. People can see for themselves the character of certain people on here from their posts.

Once again, great times hotrod! Hopefully i can replicate your times with tune only!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #46
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
WOW!!! what times. Good job man! Most people on the forums talk like asses, but when you meet them in person, they are nice people to talk to. I hope a lot of people can shut up now, both anti-procede and anti-bms. The procede biased posters on here where quick to jump to conlusions that the accusations where valid since hotrod declined to drive a long distasne for 750 bucks. Hell they were even quick to jump at me and im a fucking procede driver. I commend hotrod for not even caring about this "shiv owes him an apology". Shiv owes no one anything. People are responsible for their own actions. People can see for themselves the character of certain people on here from their posts.

Once again, great times hotrod! Hopefully i can replicate your times with tune only!
not w an e93 you wont.......junk in the trunk FTL on the strip.
      12-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #47
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
not w an e93 you wont.......junk in the trunk FTL on the strip.
you never know... maybe my car isnt just a factory freak, but a super factory freak

seriously if i can get under 13 with 115+ with e93 ill be happy. I havent tracked my car but i will be doing so soon. First is before and after dynos coming this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #48
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
you never know... maybe my car isnt just a factory freak, but a super factory freak

seriously if i can get under 13 with 115+ with e93 ill be happy. I havent tracked my car but i will be doing so soon. First is before and after dynos coming this weekend.
if you trap 115+ w tune only on your car you should be VERY happy....best of luck
      12-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #49
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

Wow!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #50
imoksoami
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Shiv owes no one anything. People are responsible for their own actions. People can see for themselves the character of certain people on here from their posts.

If someone calls you a cheat and a liar and they find out they were wrong they owe you an apology. Pretty basic really.
      12-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #51
getInline
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 Coupe, c32 AMG

Great runs hotrod! Why would even consider getting rid of such a factory freak? Hang on to that car, it's very special!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #52
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoksoami View Post
If someone calls you a cheat and a liar and they find out they were wrong they owe you an apology. Pretty basic really.
Shiv owes himself an apology, acting like that in a public board. There is a big differcne to be funny, to joke, to make freindly jabs, etc..... rather to come out with harsh accusations. The only one that is suffering from shiv's actions is shiv, but im pretty sure in real life, in person shiv is a nice guy.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #53
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

I think some people might be using the word factory freak a bit too much. How much can a factory freak really shave off the 1/4mile time? a good driver with a AT tranny, good hook up and a solid setup like HOTROD's will yeild some good results.

Warren your my inspriation right now. Come spring time ill looking to run low 12's, high 11X MPH on my car. Let's see how much of a factory freak mine is (JB3 race map, Straight 100 octane, DR's)
For some reason my car feels faster then my friends DCI,DP,IC,tuned car, will find out later next week if my butt dyno is right.

Is there a hidden truth that a tune only car with some race gas can actually beat a BOLT on 335i?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #54
Topless///M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6mt, 94 probe gt

Once again, WOW, great times Hotrod!! Congrats on breaking into the 11's on a tune only, unbelievable. Your motor is definitely a freak. You should do a compression test on both your sedan and coupe to see if there is a difference, something's gotta be making it the monster it is.....maybe they ported & polished the inside of your intake....lol

Congrats and thanks for sharing your info about the VBOX and your times. BTW did you run the VBOX on those runs? probably dead on like always.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #55
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko335i View Post
I think some people might be using the word factory freak a bit too much. How much can a factory freak really shave off the 1/4mile time? a good driver with a AT tranny, good hook up and a solid setup like HOTROD's will yeild some good results.

Warren your my inspriation right now. Come spring time ill looking to run low 12's, high 11X MPH on my car. Let's see how much of a factory freak mine is (JB3 race map, Straight 100 octane, DR's)
For some reason my car feels faster then my friends DCI,DP,IC,tuned car, will find out later next week if my butt dyno is right.

Is there a hidden truth that a tune only car with some race gas can actually beat a BOLT on 335i?
you sure about that? There have been others who have hit the strip w/ only a tune and his car has time after time been faster than other cars w the same mods. I say freak....a good kind of freak
      12-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #56
imoksoami
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko335i View Post

A passive way of taking away from the JB3. No biggie, anyone with 1/2 a brain will figure it out.
      12-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #57
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
A passive way of taking away from the JB3. No biggie, anyone with 1/2 a brain will figure it out.
wait...what??

he has a JB3 logo as his avatar?? What makes you think he was taking a jab at the JB3 w that post?
      12-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #58
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Awesome Warren.

It's funny people are NOW finally believing me when I said nearly 2 years ago your car is a factory freak. I don't even think YOU believed it for a long time Warren.
And I know others dismissed my claims a bit.

I knew it when you got those times at LACR that matched the cars with the Turbo Tuner on.

And when I was on PROcede v1.47 and you were on JB2 only and we ran side by side I don't think you believed your car was a freak. But I knew again since the v1.47 made 10+ rwhp more and 15+ rwtq more than a JB2 only that your car was special.
It actually speaks pretty good about how well my car performed on v1.47 to run side by side (and put up basically exact same VBox times) with your super fast car!

Are you still selling your car now that you've had it nearly 2 years?

It would be cool to see Terry or Shiv buy it, slap on all the bolt on's too and run an 11.5 @ 122 mph in your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #59
imoksoami
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
wait...what??

he has a JB3 logo as his avatar?? What makes you think he was taking a jab at the JB3 w that post?

I wasn't referring to 5Soko. I was agreeing with his statement that factory freak(!!!) is being overused. IMHO it's a combination of great driver, tune and car. OTOH if it wasn't a strong car to begin with the tune and driver probably can't save it
      12-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #60
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
maybe its the JB3 that is the factory freak
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #61
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Damn I wonder what kind of numbers he would get besides just a tune like DP, exhaust, intake, fmic....Damn
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #62
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

crazy #s man especially just on tunes .. amazing. congrad. now put on a few more mods and hit those mid or low 11's
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #63
imoksoami
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Damn I wonder what kind of numbers he would get besides just a tune like DP, exhaust, intake, fmic....Damn
Any guesses?
      12-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #64
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

what is warren putting down now?
      12-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #65
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP

Awesome runs Hotrod, glad to see you made us eat our words and I agree that this just makes us like the 335i more, which is really the goal here. Sounds as though meeting Shiv helped you understand why he is easy to support as he really is a good guy that just likes cars and making them go faster and drive better Imagine being a guy like that, devoting the time he has, then having your ideas copied and all your hard work undermined by forum group-think. Easy to see why he has to approach these forums how he does you know!?
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #66
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
lol... love some of the comments here. It was nice meeting Warren and seeing his car run. There was/is no question that his car is fast. As far as inspection goes, it wasn't going to happen at the track. The reason he was invited to the Taste Test day for an inspection, which we talked about, was so that we could get the car up on the lift and look at it from the bottom (with the splash shield off). On the ground, with the hood open, you can't see anything unless you start tearing apart the front end of car (bumper, wheel liner, etc,.) So no, I'm not going to retract anything until a proper inspection is done

So there you have it. Good fun day nontheless. We had a few problems with the 135. The wheels/drag radials I borrowed from my 335 wouldn't clear the fenders the 135. Ended up ripping two groves down the side of the tread and layering the wheel well with a layer burnt rubber (it was rub all the way up the track during acceleration). So we had to go back to the original rims/tires which coudn't support full throttle until 3rd gear. So we ended up doing some pump gas map testing which Dan piloted to repeatable 116.8mph trap speeds. So the day turned out we but didn't exactly accomplish what we hoped for (race gas map runs with drag radials). But it was good to meet Warren and shoot the breeze. I'm sure we'll do it again sometime now that the weather is so good for this kid of stuff.

Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0