Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > changing the tires on the 162's or 195's to all season?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
darkbat
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi Sedan

changing the tires on the 162's or 195's to all season?

Was wondering if this was possible. The dealer told me it is possible to order the 195 wheels but they will come with performance tires. Is that the only way it'll come? If I buy the wheels after I pick up the cars is it possible to get all-season tires?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
darkbat
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi Sedan

anyone know
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
kevE90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F8x

I plan to get dealer to buy back/trade up tires. Not because they are RF but because I want all-seasons. I bet I will have to pay alittle extra but it's convenient picking up car with the right tires. If it doesn't work out I guess my first stop is the tire shop. The only all-season that I found are the

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S
Yokohama ADVAN S.4.

225/40-18 & 255/35-18

I think dealers are reluctant to do this especially when they will be switched to a non-RFT but i've read that a couple of members here have had their cars delivered this way. Why wouldn't the dealer want some extra endangered species run-flats lying around?

Anyone with advice and/or experience in carrying this out?
Appreciate 0