E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > To fix the problems? Or to wait a bit.

05-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
CharleyGFX
"Best Since Best"
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

To fix the problems? Or to wait a bit.

Hey guys, so I have a few problems I would like feed back on. But first I just wanted to say that my car has 124k miles on it now, just did the brakes and did the sparks about 8k miles ago. All the coils seem fine and the car drives fine, please look at my signature for info on mods.

But here we go, I'm about to drive to Dallas from Tallahassee in it.. so I want to make sure everything is good. Saw some leaking so I took it in to make sure it was not something I could'nt see

1)BMW said my power steering rack is leaking, it's not too bad but it's going to be an issue sooner or later. They qouted me @ $1184 for the part and that to me is wayyyyy too much. I did a bit of reading on the forum and went to find an M3 power steering rack for $400 used and has 29k miles on it. So that helps a bit, do you guys think it REALLY that needed to be done?

2)BMW said that I'm leaking oil from the oil pan, they don't know for sure what it is. But to replace the gasket (qouted me at $128, I can get one from a friend for $20) it would cost me part and then $1081 for labor, since it's 9 hours of labor. Now the question is, is this even worth it? I don't think I'm leaking THAT much oil that it would be a problem on the drive, and that is way too much just to fix a part that cost $20 for me.

3)Windshield washer spray motor comes on, but nothing comes out. $53 dollars just to test what's wrong with..

4)My license plate bbulb is out($19 from bmw, or get a WHOLE new set from e92 lighting) along with the washer? It's gonna be $509 to fix it... I really don't know how the fckkk they got $509 from that

Is it me, or do you guys think my dealership is trying to rape me? I mean we all know they bad.. but this is just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
Du maaaa.. Ill trade you some lint and com tam bi cha suong nuong cha gio, and some mam.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6mt

Sounds like normal dealer prices. Power steering rack could be a problem if the leak is bad enough since it's a high pressure system and could get air in the lines, but in general minor leaks don't cause too much headache unless you run out of said leaking fluid or it leaks onto something like the turbo/exhaust and ignites, or onto a belt, etc. Leaking onto the ground just upsets prius owners and bmw owners. Wait...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
dragazn
Major
Rep
Drives: i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.76]
if you are not tight on money, fixed it by any means. If you are tight on money, I said just do a check before you drive and top it off
Appreciate 0