E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > My experience with House of HID

10-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
all8up
Ironchef
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 C

Garage List
2022 M4 C  [0.00]
My experience with House of HID

I rarely (outside of the identical post on the explorer forum) post negative reviews for a vendor but in this instance I feel compelled to.

I originally purchased an HID kit for the head light (6k) and fogs (3k) back on 8/31 for my Explorer Sport (does not come with HIDs, terrible).
No update on the website to indicate it was shipped as it remained in an "in processing" state. So I contacted their customer service.

Email back to me stated the order was shipped on 9/5. Multiple emails from that time through 9/11 indicating the order was shipped from various staff members. However, I became suspicious when nobody ever responded with a tracking ID. When I did receive a tracking ID, the order was shipped on 9/11. On that date I was told I was given a set of free bulbs for my troubles along with a sticker (why someone would want this is beyond me).

Order received on 9/16 and I received two sets of 6k bulbs. Contacted them again to get a response that the 3k would be sent immediately. Since then I have contacted them multiple times to find that they have had some back end website changes along with owner experiencing multiple family issues. Without asking for any type of refund, the owner offered to provide a partial for my troubles and assured me the 3k bulbs have been shipped.

Fast forward to today, I have not received the 3k bulbs, partial refund, or the free set of bulbs - to which I only want the 3k bulbs.

Long story short, I have given up any hope of receiving the 3k bulbs, nor can I ever recommend purchasing from this company. Being a business owner, I can appreciate the issues that can be encountered but to have multiple people representing their company provide less than accurate information is difficult for me to forgive.

10/18 update: I have been contacted by them again indicating a partial refund was processed, which they indicated should take 24-48 hours. It is well past that timeframe and I have not received it. Additionally, they have been claiming they have sent the 3k bulbs multiple times and to date I have never received a tracking number.

Issue has been resolved, moderator please close this thread
07 E90 335, UR Exh, Helix IC, Bav Sport Coils, iForged Swift- sold
E46 M3 - gone and always missed

Last edited by all8up; 11-16-2013 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0