E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > -R.I.P.- Dan Wheldon-

10-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

-R.I.P.- Dan Wheldon-

I personally am not a fan of Indy car racing. But this has been all over the news and to me, is a grim reminder that no matter how good of a driver you are, or THINK you are, you can't escape tragedy.

So RIP to 2 time Indy 500 Champion, Dan Wheldon.

To everybody else on this forum who I may know personally or not, drive safely...

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
I personally am not a fan of Indy car racing. But this has been all over the news and to me, is a grim reminder that no matter how good of a driver you are, or THINK you are, you can't escape tragedy.

So RIP to 2 time Indy 500 Champion, Dan Wheldon.

To everybody else on this forum who I may know personally or not, drive safely...

Rip man, the good die young! Tragedy is as always never pleasant and this is surely a huge one to indycar fans!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
XS222
Me
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
x2

RIP Dan Wheldon

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 328xi TiAg

Sad day. This guy was a genuine talent.
| ESS n52 Tune | BMW Performance Intake/Exhaust | LUX H8 v3 AE | GP Thunder 8500K fogs/corners | LED: signals/interior | V1 hardwired | debadge | AC pedals | Performance shift knob/boot | CF e-brake | Aero lip | m3 side skirts/spoiler | MB kidneys | Strut brace | Painted reflectors | Painted Calipers/Hubs | 35% 3M tint | Smoked tails | CF Roundels | 19" Miro 942 | Conti DWS | H&R Springs for xi | Bilstein Shocks| Nxt: Alpine Subs/Amps
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Let me put things into perspective for just a moment here.

Every so many weeks there seems to be an auto accident related death posted on this board.

Whether we are close to the individual, or it is someone in the community who we really dont know, or it is a famous Indy driver, we offer our condolences and wish the best for the families of those who have found themselves grieving over their loss.

We tend to ponder on the matter for a few moments, think to ourselves; "wow maybe I should slow down a bit". Then we go onto other threads on the board and forget all about it.

Until the next thread that is listed on here.

I used to drive like a idiot! I never took others lives into account that were surrounded by my actions.

Until I lost 5 friends in one accident. All 5 lives were claimed due to speeding and thinking they were invincible.
All of their families lives were ruined by one night of racing at 115mph in an Evo where the 48" Oak tree won this time.

I see kids weaving in and out of traffic around me all the time, where back in the day I would chase them down, and show them I was a better driver and my car was faster, today I stay as far away as possible.

I have a wife, a 2 year old daughter, and another baby on the way.

The thought of leaving them behind makes me sick to my stomach.

I still drive above the speed limit, and my life can be taken at any point in time, but I gotta say, I know my life is important to those around me, and acting careless is very selfish.

I just find it amazing how careless we get once we find ourselves behind the wheel of a car that is capable of high speeds.
      10-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
J-boogey
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E34Addict View Post
Pretty sad, at least he died doing what he loved.
+1
2013 F30 335i xdrive | Estoril Blue | Black Dakota Leather | Aluminum Hexagon trim | M-Sport | Cold weather | DHP | Premium package | Tech package | Harmon Kardon | PDC | Rearview Cam | IND Painted reflectors | BMW performance grills | JB4 stage 2 | ER downpipe | BMS Intake | H&R sport springs
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
GQ335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (E60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post

Every so many weeks there seems to be an auto accident related death posted on this board.

Whether we are close to the individual, or it is someone in the community who we really dont know, or it is a famous Indy driver, we offer our condolences and wish the best for the families of those who have found themselves grieving over their loss.

We tend to ponder on the matter for a few moments, think to ourselves; "wow maybe I should slow down a bit". Then we go onto other threads on the board and forget all about it.

I used to drive like a idiot! I never took others lives into account that were surrounded by my actions.

Until I lost 5 friends in one accident. All 5 lives were claimed due to speeding and thinking they were invincible.
All of their families lives were ruined by one night of racing at 115mph in an Evo where the 48" Oak tree won this time.

I see kids weaving in and out of traffic around me all the time, where back in the day I would chase them down, and show them I was a better driver and my car was faster, today I stay as far away as possible.

I still drive above the speed limit, and my life can be taken at any point in time, but I gotta say, I know my life is important to those around me, and acting careless is very selfish.

I just find it amazing how careless we get once we find ourselves behind the wheel of a car that is capable of high speeds.
I couldn't have said it any better man. I absolutely agree.
      10-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
Jonny550
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post

+10000, i almost killed my brother and cousin when i took a turn to fast in my cousins 650i. Winded up in a ditch with a snapped front axle and both rear wheels ripped off the car.

Plus the top was down. God was looking over us because it was bad.

Its not worth 5 mins of fun for a lifetime of grief.

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon335iFL View Post
+10000, i almost killed my brother and cousin when i took a turn to fast in my cousins 650i. Winded up in a ditch with a snapped front axle and both rear wheels ripped off the car.

Plus the top was down. God was looking over us because it was bad.

Its not worth 5 mins of fun for a lifetime of grief.

Who???

J/k

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0