E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 LCI Heated Seat Retro Fit with Manual Aircon

10-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
dreamonn
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3BT

E90 LCI Heated Seat Retro Fit with Manual Aircon

I'm planning to retro fit a set of heated seats to my D3. It's the non Lux spec so it's got manual aircon.

I've not yet found any pictures showing the combination of manual aircon & heated seats, but I'm guessing the heated seat buttons would just be in the button bar below the aircon panel which houses the stop-start button. Problem is, ebay doesn't have any button bars which have the stop-start & heated seats buttons.

Would I be able to transplant the heated seat buttons from a donor button bar in to my one with stop-start? If not, I've seen some pictures of cars which have had after market head units fitted & have the heated seat buttons moved to the ashtray - is this my only option?

Eamonn
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamonn View Post
I'm planning to retro fit a set of heated seats to my D3. It's the non Lux spec so it's got manual aircon.

I've not yet found any pictures showing the combination of manual aircon & heated seats, but I'm guessing the heated seat buttons would just be in the button bar below the aircon panel which houses the stop-start button. Problem is, ebay doesn't have any button bars which have the stop-start & heated seats buttons.

Would I be able to transplant the heated seat buttons from a donor button bar in to my one with stop-start? If not, I've seen some pictures of cars which have had after market head units fitted & have the heated seat buttons moved to the ashtray - is this my only option?

Eamonn
You need to change that switch to have heated seat buttons with stop-start button. Dealer is the best bet for you.
      10-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d M-Sport

Garage List
Might be easier to just upgrade your aircon to auto at the same time. I could be wrong, but isn't it just a case of swapping the control panel? If you got an lci one, the seat buttons are built into it!
Appreciate 0