E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW CIC Sat Nav Update DVD

02-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #1
DJM911
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 30D M Sport

Exclamation BMW CIC Sat Nav Update DVD

I bought a BMW CIC Professional Premium 2018-1 update DVD from a guy I bought one previously from. I inserted the DVD into my drive but nothing has happened on the iDrive screen etc. Still stating 2011 on the nav system.It never offered or stated it was updating. I read online about USB drives and FSC codes which I don't have either of. When I contacted the seller he stated it should just be insert DVD and drive, takes about 2 hours to update in the back ground. Done!

But for me this doesn't appear to have happened. Any ideas please?

I seen another forum on hre with a download torrent, but I still don't have the FSC code. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 11:29 AM   #2
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

The update taken at least 3 dl DVDs. If you only got one, you don't have the full update. You will need the fsc code as well.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 04:39 AM   #3
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM911 View Post
I bought a BMW CIC Professional Premium 2018-1 update DVD from a guy I bought one previously from. I inserted the DVD into my drive but nothing has happened on the iDrive screen etc. Still stating 2011 on the nav system.It never offered or stated it was updating. I read online about USB drives and FSC codes which I don't have either of. When I contacted the seller he stated it should just be insert DVD and drive, takes about 2 hours to update in the back ground. Done!

But for me this doesn't appear to have happened. Any ideas please?

I seen another forum on hre with a download torrent, but I still don't have the FSC code. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Thanks.
Go through the 2018-1 thread again and find the link for the copy script, that will help you get 1b file and from there easy to get fsc code with a few steps. Suggest you download the 2018-1 torrent for map data. Is definitely 3 disks needed and not even sure you got a cic disk, think you got ccc where you can just load and run one disk for a specific area. Either way you're missing 2 disks even if right.
Appreciate 0