E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > my rant on new RTA add

07-13-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
daninsyd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

my rant on new RTA add

Here’s the thing, that new RTA add for speeding.... when did lighting your wheels up at lights, sliding around a corner and not stopping for a pedestrian become speeding??? It's reckless driving and maybe dangerous but certainly not speeding...... but hey, why not blame climate change and the war in Iraq on speeding too, then we can justify more government cash machines.... er sorry i meant to say speed cameras....

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 02:19 AM   #2
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
I didn't realise it was an anti speeding advert! Shows how much attention I gave it. Thought it was all about penises or something
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e93 View Post
I didn't realise it was an anti speeding advert! Shows how much attention I gave it. Thought it was all about penises or something
it is...

many people these days think that people who speed and drive reclessly are trying to accomodate for something...

so in a way, i think that's the whole idea of the ad... shame the people who do this, cos hey, i think it is sooo cool when someone covers me in a cloud of smoke and nealy hits me, i mean, wow
      07-13-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Ok - but why target just boys!! I reckon there are as many girls driving around like that these days !!! Is there some sort of hand gesture for them to?
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 02:26 AM   #5
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
nope, we are already discriminated against enough when it comes to cars and driving!
      07-13-2007, 03:28 AM   #6
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

they dont want you to drift coz otherwise the camera cant get you properly
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 03:43 AM   #7
daninsyd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

now that would be a photo worth having....
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 04:00 AM   #8
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninsyd View Post
now that would be a photo worth having....
willing to try for us?
      07-13-2007, 05:07 AM   #9
daninsyd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

lol.... leave it with me...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 08:33 AM   #10
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Here’s the thing, that new RTA add for speeding.... when did lighting your wheels up at lights, sliding around a corner and not stopping for a pedestrian become speeding??? It's reckless driving and maybe dangerous but certainly not speeding...... but hey, why not blame climate change and the war in Iraq on speeding too, then we can justify more government cash machines.... er sorry i meant to say speed cameras....

Haven't seen the ad (not in melb) but it REALLY annoys me as well when the authorities try to blur the distinction between exceeding the speed limit (even though it may be safe for the prevailing road conditions) and "hoon" behaviour. It's their attempt at social modelling by attempting to make the concept of "speeding" as socially unacceptable as drink driving by smearing "speeding" with the same brush as "hoon" driving. I find this unrealistic and insulting because there are a few fundamental differences between the two.

One is the principle of "control" of the vehicle (spinning wheels= greatly reduced control) and the other is the underlying attitude of hoon drivers i.e., they don't give a crap about anyone else's safety, including their own. The other one is the magnitude of the behaviour. 3kmh over the limit? You're booked!! "Wipe off 5?" How about driving a roadworthy car with good tyres and suspension that actually works?

Rant (temporarily) over.
      07-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #11
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
lol.... leave it with me...
pics or ban!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
Haven't seen the ad (not in melb) but it REALLY annoys me as well when the authorities try to blur the distinction between exceeding the speed limit ..........One is the principle of "control" of the vehicle (spinning wheels= greatly reduced control)
all valid points... but i think they were angling for a shame tactic this time, as indicating that the loss to speeders didn't cure the problem

the ad is probably on youtube, have a look, hehe