E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > mObridge iPod / ipHone adapter query

02-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
swanseahammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 LCI 330e M Sport

Garage List
2008 320d SE  [0.00]
mObridge iPod / ipHone adapter query

Has anyone got experience of using this in a non-iDrive car?

I have a 2008 320d SE with Professional stereo and bluetooth, no iDrive and no CD changer.

Can I just go out and get this fitted at a local car stereo fitters or do I need to get the stereo "coded" in some way to have the CD changer enabled. I haven't got the time to go to Surrey to get it fitted by Cartronics. I spoke to a BMW dealer today and he looked at me stupid and said that getting the CD changer coded in without having a CD changer fitted will give errror messages.

In a non-iDrive car what will display on the head unit and how easy is it to navigate between playlists / songs.

Also, will it allow the ipod / iphone to be located in the front armrest as I don't want it in the glovebox.

TIA.

Last edited by swanseahammer; 02-16-2009 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Extra question before replies.
Appreciate 0