E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Rolling Race LFA vs GTR vs GT2 RS vs ZR1

05-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #23
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
So, thats your defense? Your're retired and have a vehicle that can carry alot of shit and, it can do more than the speed limit anyway? How pathetically sad, yet funny at the same time!

With an attitude like that I dont think you should strain yourself talking about performance cars. Leave discussions about fast cars to those who have them and enjoy them. You might give yourself another stroke thinking about going fast.

And as icing on the cake, a retired American Veteran posts a video of a couple foreigners who can barely speak English make fun of the American Iconic Sports Car. Bravo rs.
By reading this post alone, I'd think you're 12.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #24
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
What's sad is that it's likely the worst vehicle that BMW produced in 2009. Until they completely redesigned it, the vehicle was terrible. I have unfortunately had to drive one for extended periods as it is the pos they give me when I need a loaner for a few days (I live out of town).

There is no luxury, no performance, no technology in a last gen X3.

To own one and then try to discount a ZR1/Z06 is laughable, as you clearly have zero idea what you're talking about.
The few times I had my 135 in the shop for warranty service they dump me in an X3 loaner. Told them last time, "dont want one, what else you have?". I gladly took an older Maxima over the X3.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #25
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
And you think 'registered sex offender' is a funny tag line under your user name? Believe me when I say this......... Maturity isnt your stong suit.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #26
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M5

Actually... corvette and rolex are both quite trashy and tasteless.
      05-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #27
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

Somethings fishy there ep. you list a M5 under your user name. I took a couple minutes to check out threads you started. Alot of interest in hyundai cars, which you seem to kowtow to, but you have but nothing regarding the M5 at all! Thought that rather strange.
So I took a couple more minutes to see all the posts you made and, low and behold, I couldnt even find one lonely post about your M5. Alot of talk about all kinds of cars but not M5's? Strange right?
So my conclusion, your a little kid living in your parents basement, likely not even old enough to drive, scared of the girls and want to sound like a big boy.
Your opinions on cars and time pieces are worth about as much as your fictional auto.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #28
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Please don't compare the way a Porsche feels and handles to a chevy corvette

Corvette is better looking and even if a Porsche has only 230 hp, it still feels more connected, more responsive, more agile, and just a better driver's car than thencorvette

Its not about lap times. It's about how it feels. If corvette feels better to you, then so be it
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #29
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs6655 View Post
I bought an X3 because my wife and I are both retired and travel a lot. They are practical, carry luggage easily, are safe and get good gas mileage.

My X3 is considerably faster than it's legal to drive it anywhere in North America. Whats so sad about that?

I'm not the only one poking fun at Corvettes. Actually this is kind of sad.

I WHANNA SHOUW U THE REEAL QUALITY OF A HUAND AVER THE LANZE...
They can't even properly film themselves making fun of the car...

Clarkson says the same thing... (And he loves the ZR1).. I don't care, I have been in one and WOW... I have never seen anything else in the world move like it (In person)... He was in the ZR1 and I was next to him... Both doing 80 MPH and it lanched like it was in 1st gear coming off the line...

Im not an American car guy... But DAMN to I have so much RESPECT for the...

-ZR1/ZO6
-CTS-V
-Mustang
-Challenger
-Camaro

PS- I have a feeling this thread is going to just blow up with arguing.. Also the last car I was in was a NEW Lamborghini Gallardo lp560-4 Superleggera.. The ZR1 still takes the cake.... (In a month I might be riding with a Aventador.. (I have been keeping my fingers crossed)

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by NewYearsBoy; 05-14-2011 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #30
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Somethings fishy there ep. you list a M5 under your user name. I took a couple minutes to check out threads you started. Alot of interest in hyundai cars, which you seem to kowtow to, but you have but nothing regarding the M5 at all! Thought that rather strange.
So I took a couple more minutes to see all the posts you made and, low and behold, I couldnt even find one lonely post about your M5. Alot of talk about all kinds of cars but not M5's? Strange right?
So my conclusion, your a little kid living in your parents basement, likely not even old enough to drive, scared of the girls and want to sound like a big boy.
Your opinions on cars and time pieces are worth about as much as your fictional auto.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #31
GAINZ
Frozen M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Competition

Quote:
Why buy an '11 M5 anyway when the new one is about to arrive? CPO imo. Probably lying. Let him be though, he just wants to feel loved

Both the ZR1 and GT2 RS are beautiful, amazing, sports cars. One just has about 100k worth of interior feel, design, and driving feel over the other. Let them be!
F10 Comp M5 - Frozen Cashmere Silver/Sakhir Orange | Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser |Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Front Lip | Macht Schnell 12mm & 10mm Spacers | AMS Catless Downpipes | Meisterschaft GTC + LXR Pipe | BM3 Stage 2 |
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #32
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik View Post
Actually... corvette and rolex are both quite trashy and tasteless.
This is a joke right??^^^

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 11:04 PM   #33
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncastellano22 View Post
Why buy an '11 M5 anyway when the new one is about to arrive? CPO imo. Probably lying. Let him be though, he just wants to feel loved
Pay attention guys.

There is no such thing as a 2011 M5. E60 finished production in 2010. F10 will debut as a 2012....when it finally appears.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #34
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 X3 (MT)

Quote:
So, thats your defense? Your're retired and have a vehicle that can carry alot of shit and, it can do more than the speed limit anyway? How pathetically sad, yet funny at the same time!

With an attitude like that I dont think you should strain yourself talking about performance cars. Leave discussions about fast cars to those who have them and enjoy them. You might give yourself another stroke thinking about going fast.

And as icing on the cake, a retired American Veteran posts a video of a couple foreigners who can barely speak English make fun of the American Iconic Sports Car. Bravo rs.
Still waiting on your 200mph speedo picture "fast car boy". Heck I'll take a 175. Gotta have the watch in it though.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #35
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The few times I had my 135 in the shop for warranty service they dump me in an X3 loaner. Told them last time, "dont want one, what else you have?". I gladly took an older Maxima over the X3.
I'm sorry you got a bad 135. In 67,000+ miles my X3 has never had one single issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:08 AM   #36
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
What's sad is that it's likely the worst vehicle that BMW produced in 2009.
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/press...tem=node__2259

http://www.mwerks.com/artman/publish...ter_1303.shtml
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #37
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:13 AM   #38
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
.........So my conclusion, your a little kid living in your parents basement, likely not even old enough to drive, scared of the girls and want to sound like a big boy.
You do sound more like you're 16 here.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #39
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Still waiting on your 200mph speedo picture "fast car boy". Heck I'll take a 175. Gotta have the watch in it though.
I showed you one already, you show me one of how much geritol you can stuff back there and the speedo at(but not over the speed limit).

Go Navy!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #40
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I showed you one already, you show me one of how much geritol you can stuff back there and the speedo at(but not over the speed limit).

Go Navy!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #41
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You drive an X3... Its not even a sports car... Do us all a favor and just leave...

I have had a ton of problems with my 135i too...

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #42
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Once everyone's done benchracing each other and taking potshots at "steering feel" and interior quality, you should all realize that any of these cars are pretty much awesome no matter how you put it. Give me the keys tto any of 'em and I wouldn't complain one bit. If I had the money I'd spring for the P-car, but the ZR1 has that bamf factor to it that makes it so alluring.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #43
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
You drive an X3... Its not even a sports car... Do us all a favor and just leave...

I really... hope you're not... implying... that your 1... 35... is a... sports... car............
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #44
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post

What I currently drive has Zero to do with this discussion.

I originally responded to:

Quote:
Corvette destroys the most ferocious street legal 911 ever built(for less than 1/2 the price) and then has Japans best for dessert right after.
And I stand by what I said. The Corvette get's it's power from an engine that could be built out of a Summit or Jegs catalog. It's a huge, pushrod, cam-in-block, V-8 with a supercharger on it. To give it cudos over the rest without pointing out the huge disparity in engine size takes away from the superb engineering of the other cars. The next point is that, short of a race track, there is no place in the US to drive any of these cars anywhere near their limit. Which brings me to my final point.... Corvettes are not known for their high quality interiors. Why I don't know because the cars are not cheap and there doesn't seem to be a lot of R&D going into them like other car companies are doing. So since the other cars are exhilarating and have higher build quality my vote goes for anything but the Corvette.

My post followed the tone that was set by the above quoted remark. And I'll leave when I get good and ready.
Appreciate 0