E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Trim Wrapped...and it's NOT Carbon Fiber

12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #67
j0ckinjz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

This definitely makes me want to wrap my trim. I have a sparkling graphite e90 with black interior and wood trim, and I'm thinking about going with a brushed steel wrap. Might be a fun DIY and if i screw up, I can always take it off, right?
      12-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #68
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
got a laugh out of the thread title, haha. Looks very clean though!
Ironically enough I think I'm going to re-wrap it in carbon fiber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0ckinjz View Post
This definitely makes me want to wrap my trim. I have a sparkling graphite e90 with black interior and wood trim, and I'm thinking about going with a brushed steel wrap. Might be a fun DIY and if i screw up, I can always take it off, right?
Yup. The worst you can do is damage your trim removing it, but that's not easy to do.
      12-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #69
turbocomppro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

I'm not liking the semi gloss look of these wraps... are there any wraps that are super glossy like the original wood trims?

Also, more pics please if you've wrapped yours. I have that Black / Tan interior with the wood trim and still trying to figure out what looks good. That black one pete did just doesn't quite do it. If it was more glossy, it would look much better. The transition from the light tan to black is just hard to do. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #70
j0ckinjz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocomppro View Post
I'm not liking the semi gloss look of these wraps... are there any wraps that are super glossy like the original wood trims?

Also, more pics please if you've wrapped yours. I have that Black / Tan interior with the wood trim and still trying to figure out what looks good. That black one pete did just doesn't quite do it. If it was more glossy, it would look much better. The transition from the light tan to black is just hard to do. Any ideas?
+1 on this. If you've wrapped you interior, please do take as many shots as possible. I definitely want to/will be wrapping my trim and I'm trying to find the best color but everyone only posts like 2 photos of the trim.
      12-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #71
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocomppro View Post

While this trim definitely isn't as gloss as OEM, but it's glossier than the pictures show. Find yourself a set of 3M samples and make your decision.