E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread

Closed Thread

11-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #67
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
My first car was a RWD/4WD. I used to leave it in RWD in the snow just because it was so much fun sliding around on the snow covered streets. Only thing is I had the 4WD to get me out of snowbanks...

I can't wait to play around with the DSC/DTC in an icy parking lot though.
That won't just happen in parking lots...you'll be so sick of DSC by February you'll keep it off most of them time.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #68
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
That won't just happen in parking lots...you'll be so sick of DSC by February you'll keep it off most of them time.

Yeah, I have a feeling that, unless it is a cold dry day and the roads are clear, I'll be dirving with DSC off in winter - a little slippage goes a long way.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #69
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Cool

Quote:
Come on Benoit, I know you need to get some kms on that car of yours!!!
Sorry guys. I was working so hard on my own web site and doing some music that I didn't even look at the thread. At first the idea was appealing, but I am not sure about it now cause of the distance. Do you have any idea the time I would have to leave from home to be there for 8h30 !!! Especially on a Sunday ! Yes I'd like to drive more, but since I don't work anymore, I am kinda touchy on the expense And BTW, my wife took the car this thursday to go to work so now I have more mileage on it: I'm up to 825 km !! Yeah !!!

At any rate it might be fun still, but I'll have to think it over a little longer.

BTW, as for the girls on our car, remember they would most probably be more comfortable on our RWD than your AWD cause it is lower . I'm willing to take the pictures of all of you in swim suit besides these girls. That way, I'm not in the picture myself (safer with my wife) and then I can all blackmail you. Imagine this on the cover of the next BMW Magazine: "Winters in Quebec hotter than they look!"

http://www.benoitchampagne.com
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 09:07 PM   #70
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Ben, you are a sick puppy. First of all, my 1/2 inch advantage on you RWD guys is more than enough to favor me with the girls. Secondly, we'll take a collection for Premium gas for you so you can't weasel out of our little get-together! I'll even buy you a toast and coffee(damn musicians! You'd think he was a drummer!)! Usually I'm buying for the out of work drummer!

I have had my car one week and I'm up to 1300kms!!

Make a deal, Ben....if you can name some twisty roads in Laval that will turn me on, MAYBE we'll consider going over there....but it's hard to beat Rigaud for BMW-proving roads!

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #71
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ben, you are a sick puppy. First of all, my 1/2 inch advantage on you RWD guys is more than enough to favor me with the girls. Secondly, we'll take a collection for Premium gas for you so you can't weasel out of our little get-together! I'll even buy you a toast and coffee(damn musicians! You'd think he was a drummer!)! Usually I'm buying for the out of work drummer!

I have had my car one week and I'm up to 1300kms!!

Make a deal, Ben....if you can name some twisty roads in Laval that will turn me on, MAYBE we'll consider going over there....but it's hard to beat Rigaud for BMW-proving roads!

Good! Now I've got you paying for everything ! As for the girls, well I'll leave it to you man. It helps to put up some mileage when you have to go to work everyday! Me I have to stay home to get my boy at school every lunch and afternoon. I'm becoming a nanny. Maybe "I" should be the one on the hood of the cars (just throw in some girls with me and I'll be one of them ).

Laval is dull and flat as it can get. But I know some road a bit more north (Mirabel and St-Augustin). There are also a lot of them north of St-Jerome but it starts to get a bit far for most. But maybe another time...

I'll try to make it guys. And I'll save my money so I can at least pay for my coffee ... oh wait! I don't drink coffee ! Oh well, I'll find something ...

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 11:47 PM   #72
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Benoit,
I'll be leaving from downtown Montreal, and I'm rarely awake before 9am on weekdays let alone sundays, so I hear ya on those points... but it will be worth it since the roads will probably be quiet and I think it should be fun running through the twisty roads in a big convoy of E90s. I'm sure we can find some small quebec towns to descend on like pirates and pillage for gas, money, coffee, toast and loose quebec women in faux-fur coats (+1 real fur for you).

I'm over 3000kms just past the month mark. Yikes!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2005, 10:04 AM   #73
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

I have an idea - I'll bring the dolls....my 4 year old daugther won't miss them for a few hours.

As for getting up in the moring early, I got over the pain when my first child was born - so FindTom gets no simpathy from this bitter old man .

If I understand correctly, if all chip in (say $1) then Benoitch will join us...Man he is easily had (jk).

Hope you can make it Benoitch - the more the merrier.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #74
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

I'll save up my $$$ from not having a strip club in Rigaud anymore to pay "danse a dix", for Benny's gas.....let's see, that's five bucks (1/2 price for locals).

I get a friendly wake up visit from my girls every morning at about 6:45, so 8:30 is a no-brainer.

The reason I proposed our meet that early is because a lot of people want to do other things than look at each others' cars on the weekend, so this gets some people home to their families and Snuday chores in time for a relaxing afternoon.

If y'all want to vote a later time I'm good with that too.

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #75
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep

Thanks all guys. I feel like I'm not alone and well supported

(Now I really sound like a looser, but wait does a looser drives a Bimmer ?! Hell no !)

As for waking up early, I've had my share when my boy was waking up at 5:30 in the morning and wanted me to setup his VCR! Let me tell ya he learned how it works before he was 3 !!! And that's not counting the months of fun we had when he was caughing so badly (enough to make him throw up) during the night that I barely slept 15 minutes every 15 minutes. Wow that sounded bad no ? Anyway, since I don't work anymore, I go to sleep at around 3h00 in the morning (Stew, you know the drill, musicians live and feed by the moon!).

Anyways, and seriously though, I think I'll manage to get up and boogie all morning long ... with you guys. Can't wait to see the dolls Are going to be allowed to roll them over ? me please ! I'm loosing it...

Quote:
Stew wrote:

anymore to pay "danse a dix",
I'll dance for you Stew. Maybe everyone's gonna be afraid though, but hey ...

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #76
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Er-um, I think I'm busy that day LOL!

Yah, the kids thing, very few parents don't have some kind of war story...young kids are Boot Camp for sure. Gives us something to brag about later on! And then when we do go off for gigs and drives and other selfish pursuits they are that much more enjoyable.

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #77
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista
I have an idea - I'll bring the dolls....my 4 year old daugther won't miss them for a few hours.

I drop my girls off at Preschool every morning. Frequently I find myself in the company of Unicorns, ponies, rabbits, and other forms of childish company (unless it's show-and-tell)! Yes, I do strap them in properly before I hit the highway!

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2005, 11:37 AM   #78
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I drop my girls off at Preschool every morning. Frequently I find myself in the company of Unicorns, ponies, rabbits, and other forms of childish company (unless it's show-and-tell)! Yes, I do strap them in properly before I hit the highway!

Indeed - therefore between Stew and I, we've got the doll-thing covered (plus a couple of genetically engineered farm animals -Unicorns etc ).

Glad to read that Benoitch will now join us. This gathering should be fun (but please, no dancing.....)
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #79
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

One more little thing....

At the Exit 17 Esso there is a fine Aquajet car wash, for that last minute pimping before you cross over for coffee and toast!

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 11:15 AM   #80
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
One more little thing....

At the Exit 17 Esso there is a fine Aquajet car wash, for that last minute pimping before you cross over for coffee and toast!

Yes, so that the doors can freeze shut afterwards while we have our coffee and then we won't be able to open them.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #81
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Bad News: THe Doberman chewed one of the Unicorns yesterday and she is in ICU.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 04:50 PM   #82
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

B-----stdrd. I kinda fancy unicorns
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #83
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

She also chewed a wooden toy block, bunny ears for little children, and the feather duster in my girls' room!

It's "my fault" for leaving her alone in the house without the foxhound.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #84
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

You know it is her way of letting you know that she wants more of your attention ....
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #85
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

She was pissed at being left alone for a few hours...she doesn't like being alone.

She's right next to me right now.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #86
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

So you let her in you new car ?

And, our house is a Zoo with only the two kids and us, I cannot imagine the action in your house with two additional (exitable) doggies.

PS I love dogs- had one when I was much younger, but now the tiing would not be right - I would not even have the time to walk him/her.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 10:53 PM   #87
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

We have 5 acres of Invisible Fencing, so our dogs are off leash all the time, running the range.

No dogs in my car.

But you may have seen the pics with the bunny cages..just brought back Jasper the boy from the vet today. Doesn't smell too bad! I'd rather drive my E90 than take the Jimmy or the X5 even for ambulance duty.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 11:28 PM   #88
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Hmmm... I'm trying to edit my original post to add a couple of names but can't. What the??

Anyway, to add the official roster:

Discoboy1
MTL-E90
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread