E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Is this in "mint" condition or was i lied to?

View Poll Results: Is this in "mint" condition or even close to that?
Yes, apologize. 23 40.35%
No, you have a valid point. 34 59.65%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

04-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #23
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Blue2fire, not to take sides, but the screen seems ok to me. I'll take a video of my Vaio if you want to show you. It also has no locking mechanism and if you shake it when the lid is "closed" then it moves up and down a bit. But once opened fully it stays in place unless really violently shaken.

And, AoshichanX, you are incorrect about small claims. He can file it against you in his city and YOU would have to go to him. I did that to Geico and they settled with me because they would have spent thousands of dollars to hire an attorney in my county to deal with the lawsuit vs spending the $700 to fix the damage their client caused.
      04-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #24
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgame64 View Post
I've used an Acer Ferrari before and it did not have a loose screen like in the buyer's video.

To the buyer...you might want to check out another one for comparisons sake.
No kidding, i had one and it did not have a loose screen either (different model though). I would compare it to something of its kind but this laptop is a bit uncommon and i dont know where to look for a demo.

Seller: We should both give this thread a rest because we both seem to be getting nowhere. No point in constant sparring before you hear back from USPS.

The funny thing is you probably are spending more time on this thread than you would have to if you just agreed to file the claim when i asked for a speedier resolution through the initial PM's. ()

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #25
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Not mint at all. I would be pretty annoyed to be honest.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #26
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
Yes, I recognize the irony. When I replied, I knew a thread about me would be coming shortly but I never anticipated I would be so bothered if my reputation were at stake.

I was prepared to just focus on my finals and return to this when I had time. But I guess I could not.

Be warned the UPS claim process took well almost 2 months. I am sure you checked the FTP documentation I linked...Hopefully USPS will be different.

Also if you missed the post I deleted, please keep all your packing materials as USPS may ask you to visit their nearest location with the damaged goods.
Will do.

Just so that i dont look like a complete berk, i do sincerely wish you good luck in your exams and send me a PM if you want me to follow up on the process instead of you.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #27
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
good luck to you both.. hope things gets solved
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #28
KrysAlpineE92
Live, Love, E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White E92

Quote:
I already filed a claim 2 days ago. You must have missed it because I deleted all my posts on this thread prior to yesterday. If you had read my post, I stated I deleted my posts because I wanted USPS Claims, when it checks this forum for my FS thread NOT to see that the OP and I are in a dispute--I thought it better to have a united front. I forwarded the USPS Claims confirmation email to the OP as well as scans of all documentation. You may ask OP for confirmation.

As for the new member comment, I made it specifically because it was so general: to mirror your own general statement about your own previous post. From your own long sarcastic response you can certainly understand how I felt when you made such a general reply to my own post without any specific references. I was simply giving you a taste of your own medicine and it worked.

Yes, I actually do. This was the first laptop I've had without a locking mechanism. Because I never hold my laptop upside down, I never noticed it as an issue. When I open the notebook, the screen does not move in normal use. The inch of leeway appears to bother you significantly. Perhaps you are too discerning a connoisseur.

Well OP has made his intent for the thread clearer: loose screen and public apology.
  1. So the main issue does NOT include the dent and the OP requests remedy for the loose screen. I was under the impression the dent was the issue and not the loose screen. I notified Claims the damage was the dent. The loose as stated earlier, is typical of the notebook.
  2. OP will not be receiving an apology from me: public nor private. I still firmly believe I have operated in good faith prior to the shipment of the notebook.

Again, I have already filed a claim for damages with USPS. However, I do not think this is an adequate remedy for OP's particular issue of the loose screen given his dissatisfaction.

I understand OP's desire to voice his grievances and he has. However, I sold OP the notebook for $600 shipped. This was a fair deal. Even focusing on the other issue of the term "mint" I still think the unit was in mint condition given the newness of the keyboard condition.

The notebook is an ultraportable and thus is subject to normal wear and tear of travel. I stated that clearly in the original FS thread. I may have used the term "mint" loosely, as I have now been provided by definitions by other e90post members, however, my experience with term "mint" on eBay was consistent with my use here.

OP's sole reliance on the term "mint" in the FS thread is unreasonable in light of the many pictures I have taken. Had I known the consensual notion of term on e90post, I would not have used that particular term.

Prior to shipment, I had felt the item was in "mint" condition, consistent with my prior experiences as a seller on eBay and even here on e90post. I never had an unhappy customer. Indeed, I felt the item was "mint" condition for an ultraportable having been used for 6 months with normal wear and tear.

That having been noted, I was honestly unaware of the dent in the back. Because I thought the OP was primarily infuriated with the dent, I filed claim with USPS for damages.

However, it now appears the dent was not the primary concern of the OP, but rather it is the loose screen. Again, short of a refund which I refuse to give, I do not know how to remedy the loose screen because that is how the laptop has been since I have first experienced it.

I have regurgitated my points several times so my point is clear. I understand there will be disagreement but I wish those who disagree to have a clear understanding of my own analysis.
A taste of my own medicine? what exactly was my medicine? offering a guy who appears yo have been cheated some advice? gosh im so sorry for defending a guy who didnt get what he paid for!....you merely aided me in making my point and discredited yourself further by making it personal lol...thanks

oh and my older brother is an attorney...i showed him this thread when i met up with him for lunch and he said the likelyhood of your side holding up in a small claims court is minimal at best because of the week period you requested to keep the laptop. he said that the OP paid for the laptop in the condition that it was portrayed as in the photo and didn't get what he paid for. If I were you I wouldn't book any flights...it'll be a very expensive trip.

I'm done with this thread.

good luck bluefire, better luck next time.

04-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #29
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

i really don't think that is all the seller's fault, i m not helping any side, but it looks usps didn't take care the package well!!but i hope this issue will be solved soon!!!

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 01:49 AM   #30
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Do you have original packaging. If it was nicely packed, there is a very low possibility that the scratch and dent is there. It was either there before he shipped it to you and photoshop the original pics on his FS thread or it got damaged while he was packing the laptop.

Seems like the seller is trying to rip you off. I have encountered these cases many times. Paypal will not do a rat's ass to help you. The best thing to do is take it to small claim's court.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #31
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Do you have original packaging. If it was nicely packed, there is a very low possibility that the scratch and dent is there. It was either there before he shipped it to you and photoshop the original pics on his FS thread or it got damaged while he was packing the laptop.

Seems like the seller is trying to rip you off. I have encountered these cases many times. Paypal will not do a rat's ass to help you. The best thing to do is take it to small claim's court.
+1

As an aside that's why I'm hesitant to buy used items from people if I haven't inspected the item before hand. People just don't care very much once they have your money.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #32
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Sounds like the buyer got burned to me, he bought something he thought was in "mint condition" when received it wasnt. I dont understand what the problem is? he should be given a refund right? I would hope else would think of purchasing something off of this buyer and he should be banned from the site for the false description of the item he sold.
      04-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #33
dtm@heart
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 Msport

"mint condition" is always subjective based on the individuals pickyness and attention to detail. I am very picky so I always take other people's assertions of "mint" or "excellent" condition with a grain of salt. If it's an item that you can't live with being less than perfect, you dont buy used. I.E. I never buy used wheels without seeing them in person. I saw the F.S. thread when it was open, and I remember my first impression; it did not appear mint just by the way it was not cleaned for the pictures. That was easy to see, and it says something about what else you can expect to find on a computer that is put up for sale in that kind of shape. IMO the seller shouldnt have called it mint condition, and you should have known better based on the pictures than to trust that description.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #34
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Thanks for the advice and opinions guys. The seller has actually filed a claim and iam willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait back to hear from USPS.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #35
KrysAlpineE92
Live, Love, E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White E92

Quote:
I have bolded the following portions for my response below.

Hello,

First, you are from the state of Florida. I'd like to clarify the criteria for small claims varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In Texas, Plaintiff sues in the county where the Defendant resides.

Second, I made the terms of the contract clear prior to payment. Buyer agreed to the later shipping date. He gave his express agreement and had prior notice. I don't understand the problem here. Op did not list this as an issue, but rather mentioned this as an additional consideration which compounded his disappointment when he later received the notebook.

Third, I am not taking this personally. It seems you are. My writing is typically monotone and unlike you, I have never used such descriptors as "smug" or "cheate[r]" when referring to you.

Fourth, OP stated himself he is not asking for a refund. I only stated I am unwilling to provide a refund should he ever ask. Op desires remedy for the issues he listed. The current attempt is through USPS Claims.

Fifth, My finals end on the 22nd. I need to pack and wrap up loose ends so I will be back around the 24th. As I stated to the OP, I will be able to focus on the claim in June. All of this information is easily verifiable. Further, I never mentioned "July." Nor did the OP. I think you should read more carefully.
you also need to read more carefully...never did i say u were a cheater...i said i offered advice to a guy that seemed to be have cheated...maybe u should check again...

i see no reason for us to discuss this furhter. good luck with you finals...I just had mine, so I know the stress your under. i hope you guys settle this matter with a fair and agreeable resolution

05-01-2009, 01:43 AM   #36
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Appreciate 0