E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335is jb4 vs. 335i jb4

07-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #177
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
C'mon dude. Don't try to convince people that DCT is hard....
....to properly launch. So please explain how simple it is since you "think" you know so much about how the DCT can be launched.

Quote:
.....It's a fast shifting auto, that's about it......
True

Quote:
....I guess it's all about justifying a purchase I am assuming. You haven't said anything about an SC M3......
When I turned in my previous 07 E92, which you obviously know nothing about, It was simple, I wanted the 335iS not an M3. I am not interested in a M3, it was not my choice. My choice was to have a factory turbo charged DCT BMW
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #178
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkw1sh
No offence your message quoted above just makes you sound like you have never driven a manual car.
No offence taken....however, I would like to know how in the world you got out of the statement you quoting me:

Quote:
#2 You are absolutely wrong, as in regards to my case, of how I drive on the track. I never allow the car to shift for me, as you assume. I ALWAYS shift in manual mode like you would in a MT car but without third pedal.
..that it makes me sound like I never drove a MT car ? Have you ever owned a DCT 335iS in comparison to make this assumption ?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #179
lutfi001
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
C'mon dude. Don't try to convince people that DCT is hard. That's just a joke. It's a fast shifting auto, that's about it. I guess it's all about justifying a purchase I am assuming. You haven't said anything about an SC M3, which is far superior to your backyard tuned 335iS in every way, DCT or MT. There's a reason you can see all the old women and such around here in Boca drive a DCT M3 or iS, it's because its an AUTO. Getting good times is MUCH more impressive than getting good times with a DCT, all you are doing is planting your foot to the floor and pushing a joystick around.

Well said.
You can't seriously be comparing a SC M3 to a 335is. A SC on an M3 runs around 12-15k installed, and not mention it voids your warranty. That's almost 90k you spent on a decently optioned M3. I'd much rather buy my 60k 335is, throw $500 of mods in it and run lows 12s. Please show me another 335i that's running low 12s with just a tune and intake. The M3 might be slightly faster on a road track, but I guarantee you its negligible, if that. For the money you just mentioned, I might as well throw a Single turbo on my 335is, and it'll be faster than your SC M3 with about 12k to spare.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #180
darkw1sh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E46 ///M3
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
No offence taken....however, I would like to know how in the world you got out of the statement you quoting me:

..that it makes me sound like I never drove a MT car ? Have you ever owned a DCT 335iS in comparison to make this assumption ?
As a matter of fact i had a DCT 335is for about 2 months while my friend was out of the country... The car is fun and is nice to drive, it shifts faster than any person can since it has 2 transmissons, and it is very precise. It was a fun car but I would rather drive my manual than be driven in DCT. I don't feel like im doing much in the DCT, I cant control the clutch on the fly, its just not my cup of tea. Also drove the SMG before, I thought that the SMG was a large bag of KAKA. DCT has improved a lot and technology has grown so much that I can see why people tend to go for the DCT.

I prefer to drive my MT.
Appreciate 0