E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New Sponsor Intro | SIEN Performance | Tuning Products - WITH ENGINE WARRANTY!!

01-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #89
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Maybe once most of you move out of your parents house and understand the value of a dollar and you'll see things in a different light. Just because I make a decent amount of money doesn't mean I throw my money around frivolously.
Exactly his point - if you see the value of the almighty dollar, you will see that throwing it away on cheap trash isn't worth it, and spending a few extra dollars to protect a $50,000 investment is certainly not foolish.
      01-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #90
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post
Exactly his point - if you see the value of the almighty dollar, you will see that throwing it away on cheap trash isn't worth it, and spending a few extra dollars to protect a $50,000 investment is certainly not foolish.
Not like they are selling anything new, they sell the same things most people on this forum have but with a hefty mark up. We have yet to see many warranty denials due to mods,except for a very very very small percentage. Due to mostly user error or too much trust in an SA.
Just my .02
And cheap trash? I really don't think there are many tunes or aftermarket parts for our cars that are cheap trash...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #91
R1000K3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MT

I may have been too rude questioning the value and validity of the SIEN-insurance. It would of course be nice if it (the insurance) will actually help any person. The reason I’ve been engaged so much in this matter is simply that I believe the insurance is of zero value and will not be beneficial to anyone due to the insurance conditions. So, to prove I’m as stubborn as I appear to be, and still showing I stand behind my statement’s, and that I truly just wants to be of help to this community, I’m offering the following:

The first, and only the first and only person, that will be covered by the SIEN-insurance and get at least 1000 USD from them, will get another 200 USD from me, which is supposed to cover the extra cost for the insurance. The only condition is to show prove to me there is a payment done to he or she from SIEN-insurance, and a copy of the required official reports that is required by SIEN to meet the insurance claim and that SIEN have paid at least 1 grand via the insurance for a claim that is caused by a fail that is directly induced by tuning products bought from SIEN.

This offer is valid during 2010 and will expire on December 31, 2010.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #92
eyemdbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93 335i space/coral/pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1000K3 View Post
I may have been too rude questioning the value and validity of the SIEN-insurance. It would of course be nice if it (the insurance) will actually help any person. The reason I’ve been engaged so much in this matter is simply that I believe the insurance is of zero value and will not be beneficial to anyone due to the insurance conditions. So, to prove I’m as stubborn as I appear to be, and still showing I stand behind my statement’s, and that I truly just wants to be of help to this community, I’m offering the following:

The first, and only the first and only person, that will be covered by the SIEN-insurance and get at least 1000 USD from them, will get another 200 USD from me, which is supposed to cover the extra cost for the insurance. The only condition is to show prove to me there is a payment done to he or she from SIEN-insurance, and a copy of the required official reports that is required by SIEN to meet the insurance claim and that SIEN have paid at least 1 grand via the insurance for a claim that is caused by a fail that is directly induced by tuning products bought from SIEN.

This offer is valid during 2010 and will expire on December 31, 2010.
is this a serious offer or do you just not play well with others?
      01-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #93
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Great to see another sponsor on the boards...especially one offering warrantied parts!
Mods: (All OEM) | BMW Performance CF Splitters | BMW Blackline Taillights | BMW Rear Deck Spoiler | BMW Performance Auto Shift Knob and Alcantara Boot | BMW Black Dakota Leather Split Folding Armrest | BMW Euro Fog Light Switch | BMW Style 193M Wheels | BMW Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grills | BMW Front Clear Bra | BMW Performance Steering Wheel (non-elec)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #94
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

I like the idea of the warranty, but it's got a slightly higher price tag than people I think might initially realize

$300 deductible, plus the $350 up-front cost. Total of $650 assuming something happens.

And I'm a little curious if they would actually cover anything outside of an engine failure for things like ECU tunes... (i.e. turbo, etc)

Not ripping on it, just bringing light to it.. I like the idea though
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #95
SIEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I like the idea of the warranty, but it's got a slightly higher price tag than people I think might initially realize

$300 deductible, plus the $350 up-front cost. Total of $650 assuming something happens.

And I'm a little curious if they would actually cover anything outside of an engine failure for things like ECU tunes... (i.e. turbo, etc)

Not ripping on it, just bringing light to it.. I like the idea though
Blast from the past! We've changed our policies a bit since this thread, anyone interested please view our site: www.sienperformance.com

The deductible is there, really, to try to prevent fraudulent claims. We know people will do it but had to try to put it off as much as possible.

Most of the claims we expect will be injectors and turbos/wastegates which run into thousands... each time. If you get full bolted up early in the 50k there's room for it to happen a few times and its things like this we need to cover for.

There has been other cases but they are few and far between, less than a handful a year of severe cases... but they end up with replacement engine or pretty much the equivalent cost of. Again we have to cover for things like this.

There's the other argument too... will it be proven to be the cause of tuning. Its a tough one, its a grey area for sure. But, we sell the kit, we know what it can do and will approve any work that needs to be done if the conditions are met... even if not we will always work with our customers to find the best solution and help them out however we can. This is a long term solution, and we are forum friendly so realise everything will be in the public eye.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #96
R1000K3
Major
United_States
Rep

Much better prices, which is good, bit still to much BS IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #97
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Much better prices, which is good, bit still to much BS IMHO.
I doubt you'll ever be convinced We aren't talking big margins here, we hope to get most trade from repeat business. We knew it would be a tough trek with the insurance until there are real life reviews out there, but we believe in it so are sticking to our guns that its a worthwhile investment.

You've got 2 possible claim angles that that amount is there for. One from actual damage caused by tuning that is absolute and obvious. The other from BMW throwing toys out of the pram and refusing warranty work as they 'believe' its been tuned and thats the cause. The latter being the majority of claims, probably quite a few, and the reason we cant give away the insurance for free! You might think this BS but I'm being as up front as possible with it. To us its something extra we can offer to our customers to help with the decision to get their parts from us.

Importantly, as you have seen, we've changed out setup so we can now offer products and deals without having to take up insurance too. Now its an option we can start to build our reputation without the need for peoples cars to blow up before we can!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #98
R1000K3
Major
United_States
Rep

Agree, the possibilities for your business and clients are much better now, and as you say, it is now up to the buyer to choose the insurance or not and in light of this it IS an intresting option. Good luck, and I mean it, really. Just lower the prices as much as possible
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #99
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Agree, the possibilities for your business and clients are much better now, and as you say, it is now up to the buyer to choose the insurance or not and in light of this it IS an intresting option. Good luck, and I mean it, really. Just lower the prices as much as possible
Cheers I'm tryin', Im tryin' lol
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #100
Donald-335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Hoes Crazy!

honstly i love what you guys are doing.. if i wasn't already full bolt on you would of had a few sales from me.. GL on everything.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #101
SIEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald-335i View Post
honstly i love what you guys are doing.. if i wasn't already full bolt on you would of had a few sales from me.. GL on everything.
Thanks Donald! Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0