E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Installed Procede Rev 3 V5... Now have misfires.

09-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
COTT5Series
Rep
Drives: 08' 535xi

Installed Procede Rev 3 V5... Now have misfires.

Anyone else ever experience this? I tried to search and found nothing specific that relates to my situation.

The car recently had some issues that were solved.

HPFP went bad but was replaced, as was the low pressure fuel sensor, and then a set of bad plugs.

After changing the plugs my misfire issues were gone. I installed the procede and after loading the stg 1 map, I now have misfires at wot.

Codes I'm getting every time it happens-

And it alternates between 10701 and 10702 each time, so I get the two above accompanied by 701 or 702.

I'm running the latest 9-10 aggressive maps. The issue is reoccurring on Map 0 too.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Thank god i was able to find this thread for you....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631829
Appreciate 2
TrollToll654.00
bpdef2990.00
      09-09-2016, 04:59 PM   #3
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Thank god i was able to find this thread for you....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631829

And its a sticky no less....my first thought was "Whyyyyy did someone bump a Procede thread..."
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 09:50 AM   #4
TrollToll
Banned
Rep
Drives: 535i

I drove 600 miles yesterday and had a lot of time to think about stuff, and I thought of this:

What if there was a quiz required as part of E90Post registration? Like, before you're allowed to post you have to demonstrate that you are capable/willing to use the SEARCH feature.
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50
      09-13-2016, 09:46 AM   #5
COTT5Series
Rep

I'm sorry... I didn't realize that DISCUSSION forums were meant for searching information instead of DISCUSSING it.

I used the search, nothing specific like I was looking for, came up.

Yes, there are plenty of posts about misfires and procede, and even misfires with the procede.

However... I didn't find anything that answered my question, so I asked like a normal human being does on a DISCUSSION forum.

If I just wanted to search random information with no conversational exchange... I would search wiki or google.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 12:04 PM   #6
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by COTT5Series View Post
I'm sorry... I didn't realize that DISCUSSION forums were meant for searching information instead of DISCUSSING it.

Yes, there are plenty of posts about misfires and procede, and even misfires with the procede.

However... I didn't find anything that answered my question, so I asked like a normal human being does on a DISCUSSION forum.

If I just wanted to search random information with no conversational exchange... I would search wiki or google.
The thing is, that thread lays out exactly how to troubleshoot and solve misfire issues. Nothing we will say in here, hasnt already been said.

Have you isolated the misfire source to Plugs, Coils or Injectors? Have you isolated the misfire source to Cyl 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6?

If not, do that.

A tune, any tune, is going to expose the weak parts of the car. Either put in the work, pay someone else to do it for you, or dont mod your car.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 10:23 PM   #7
COTT5Series
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87
Quote:

The thing is, that thread lays out exactly how to troubleshoot and solve misfire issues. Nothing we will say in here, hasnt already been said.

Have you isolated the misfire source to Plugs, Coils or Injectors? Have you isolated the misfire source to Cyl 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6?

If not, do that.

A tune, any tune, is going to expose the weak parts of the car. Either put in the work, pay someone else to do it for you, or dont mod your car.
Lol... I know how modding works. I traded a nearly 500whp wrx for this car. It's just a new platform to me so I'm trying to learn.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 12:40 AM   #8
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Anyone else ever experience this? I tried to search and found nothing specific that relates to my situation.

The car recently had some issues that were solved.

HPFP went bad but was replaced, as was the low pressure fuel sensor, and then a set of bad plugs.

After changing the plugs my misfire issues were gone. I installed the procede and after loading the stg 1 map, I now have misfires at wot.

Codes I'm getting every time it happens-

And it alternates between 10701 and 10702 each time, so I get the two above accompanied by 701 or 702.

I'm running the latest 9-10 aggressive maps. The issue is reoccurring on Map 0 too.
Take that proceed off and throw it in the garbage. Buy a JB4 or MHD flash, and if you're still getting misfires do your basic maintenance: plugs, coils, and walnut blast
Appreciate 1