E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Oil Change Interval: Dealership says I have to wait a year..??

08-25-2006, 08:13 AM   #23
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Oil interval indicator reads out zero miles? That is impossible.
My oil interval indicator didn't change since I got the car. It might've changed from 15k to 10k, but I can't recall correctly. There is no way that this car's oil is running perfectly fine 10,000 miles from now on(thats roughly 20k miles on the motor with same oil). There is no oil in current world that can last that long in a car and still look clean. Considering our oil analysis usually reads high maganesium readings and few other chemicals above average, iam not going to drive this car with this oil for another 10,000 miles.

Are you guys sure you guys are getting this right? I remember my dealership telling me if the indicator reads "10,000", that means get your oil changed when your car reaches that mileage. Thats how my girl's mini cooper received oil change(for free of course). Oil Indicator said 10,000 miles, so she came in when the car reached 10,000 miles. they said she came in just right on time for the oil change schedule.

damn. now im confused. wheres e90fleet.
whatever dude. I know that the counter goes to 0 miles left = free oil change. Otherwise, it is once a year.

IF YOU ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT IT, PAY FOR THE F*CKIN' OIL CHANGE AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 03:57 PM   #24
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
shut up punk. it ain't coming out of your pocket, easy for you to say.
but yeah, I should just get one myself.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #25
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
shut up punk. it ain't coming out of your pocket, easy for you to say.
but yeah, I should just get one myself.
not trying to be a dink... it just seems to me that you won't listen to us when we give you facts and you are so concerned about wrecking your car and keep asking questions that have been answered... just frustrating. Sorry.

If you get a warning everytime you start your car and your dealer is such an ass about it and won't fix it, you should seriously take it somewhere else and get them to look at it if it is possible or report the dealer to BMW NA. That's crap... the other thing you can do is just pay for the early oil change and absorb the loss... sucky plan, i know, but better than wrecking your ride.
Appreciate 0