E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede ideas??

05-18-2007, 02:17 AM   #1
Crea
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GTR Premium/M3/M5

Procede ideas??

not sure if this is possible. but i've been thinking of this mod that might work with procede.

i'm not quite sure what kind of data can be read thru the serial port. but is it possible to get boost, oiltemp, vaccum and etc real time data?

cuz if thats possible, those with iDrive can get the Navtv2go thing and hook up a small PC, and a software to read the data from Procede. with the software, we can display real time engine data right on the iDrive screen just like the R34 GTR, digital gauges shown on the LCD screen. i think thats a much cleaner design then adding actual gauges to the dash.

how about a program that display the taxi fare meter? when some friends are catching a ride, load that up and tell them thats how much for riding my 335i!

Vancouver - C63, S4
HK - M3, M5, SL500, Carrera 4S PDK, Cayenne S, Q7 4.2, R8 4.2, GTR Premium, Alphard 3.5
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 02:21 AM   #2
Crea
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GTR Premium/M3/M5

best pic i could find for the GTR digial gauge

Vancouver - C63, S4
HK - M3, M5, SL500, Carrera 4S PDK, Cayenne S, Q7 4.2, R8 4.2, GTR Premium, Alphard 3.5
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

The board monitor can display everything you like to. If you have the TV-receiver, you have a external video / aux connection already. Otherwise modules are available to display a video signal on the monitor.

The point is that I don't like to switch to a specific monitor selection ( using the i-drive ) which will be interrupted by the navigation system, etc. I like to see the gauges permanently.

However, in general it will be possible what you are thinking about. Moneywise a good ( and PROcede independent ) datalogging system will be better and cheaper, in my point of view.

If you like to use your configuration with the original PROcede Reader you will need:

- miniature windows 2k / XP pc ( no PDA ! ) with external analogue video out and shock resistant harddisk
- wireless mouse for the pc, eventually a wireless keyboard as well
- TV-module ( BMW ) or video-module ( e.g. Dietz )
- hours of wiring and testing

There you go ...

Cheers
Eugen
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

This is cool. I was thinking how much fun it would be to have an Apple mini in the glove box, and a monitor on the dash, with these sorts of capabilities.
Appreciate 0