E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > PNW Ski Weekend/Where to stay in Leavenworth?

01-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

PNW Ski Weekend/Where to stay in Leavenworth?

Hey PNWers,

I will be flying into Seattle Jan 18-21 to visit my friend. She and I want to ski Saturday/Sunday. I'd like to do Crystal or Baker and Steven's Pass. I'd also like to stay a night in Leavenworth.

What do you all recommend for our plan of action?

I was thinking arrive in Seattle Friday. Rest up and head out to Baker or Crystal Saturday morning. Ski one of those Saturday, then stay Saturday night in Leavenworth and ski Steven's on Sunday, then come back to Seattle.

Is that a lot of driving? I'm trying to minimize time in the car, but maximize fun/exposure to different things.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
E91 Hoarder
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 AWD, E91 RWD, E90, X535i

IMO, this is too much driving.
All three resorts are quite apart from each other. If you have only two-three days especially. I'd suggest to just pick one and spend time there, minimizing driving time and getting as much skiing as possible. If I were you, I'd choose Stevens and Leavenworth. They are only 30 minutes away from each other. Plus, Leavenworth has way more accommodation options compared to Crystal (expensive) and Baker (none). Besides that, now Stevens has opened the night skiing, so you can do that up until 10 pm or until you start crashing. And after that, have good time at bars in Leavenworth. :-)

BTW, most likely, I am heading up to Stevens on this Saturday.

Anyway, have fun!

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU
Hey PNWers,

I will be flying into Seattle Jan 18-21 to visit my friend. She and I want to ski Saturday/Sunday. I'd like to do Crystal or Baker and Steven's Pass. I'd also like to stay a night in Leavenworth.

What do you all recommend for our plan of action?

I was thinking arrive in Seattle Friday. Rest up and head out to Baker or Crystal Saturday morning. Ski one of those Saturday, then stay Saturday night in Leavenworth and ski Steven's on Sunday, then come back to Seattle.

Is that a lot of driving? I'm trying to minimize time in the car, but maximize fun/exposure to different things.

Thanks!
With all that driving around I'd rather go take the trip up to Canada/ whister. It's worth the drive esp if you're staying in Seattle only an hour to get to Canada and maybe another hour to get to whister.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
E91 Hoarder
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 AWD, E91 RWD, E90, X535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
With all that driving around I'd rather go take the trip up to Canada/ whister. It's worth the drive esp if you're staying in Seattle only an hour to get to Canada and maybe another hour to get to whister.
or this. Even better. Depends how much you are willing to spend. Whistler ain't cheap.

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSerge View Post
or this. Even better. Depends how much you are willing to spend. Whistler ain't cheap.
True.. You can usually find great deals for last minute hotels I think I got a 2 night stay for like $200 or so, like 5 minute walking distance from the village!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
How fast do you drive to make 217 miles in 2 hours? lol
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...6EG3Sg&t=m&z=7
Appreciate 0