E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Best Cheap Downpipes

03-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #89
TXWatchGuy
Habitual Line-Stepper
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstunna612 View Post
*update just pulled the trigger on BMS DPs*
Oh, you made a wise choice, my friend. If you had said no, I would have bitten your ear off.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #90
GTstunna612
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXWatchGuy
Quote:
Oh, you made a wise choice, my friend. If you had said no, I would have bitten your ear off.
Lol thanks! Now time for a FMIC!!!
      03-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #91
ihc95
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 2018 Mustang GT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstunna612
Quote:
Quote:
Good buy now please no more "best cheap" threads...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #92
GTstunna612
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstunna612
Quote:
Quote:
Good buy now please no more "best cheap" threads...
I start the thread as cheap but end up spending more for the good stuff lol
      03-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #93
mspired335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5

BMS all the way besides AR design's....
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #94
GTstunna612
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspired335i View Post
BMS all the way besides AR design's....
thanks
      03-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #95
decodo
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Downpipes

There is a real sick deal on kijiji..

2.5" SS Dual Cat Back Exhaust System + N54 3" Downpipes

I dont know if they are any good but the price seemed pretty good!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #96
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank35 View Post
+1 !! no image?
Sorry guys, here's a few resized pictures. I didn't have much time so I took a few shots. Please note that these are test samples and they are not production quality which means the welds/finishing isn't going to be as pretty.

We're incorporating a cast inlet which provides the smoothest transition from pipe to flange available on the market. I know CPE sells a cast inlet DP but we're the only one that maintains a smooth 3" diameter and our pipes retain the 3" diameter until a couple inches from the mid pipe connection.

We also revised the rear transition to be a bit smoother & used a different mandrel bending process to ensure the same diameter throughout the bend. Most importantly, revised the short and large pipes routing to clear both the sub frame, oil pan and transmission mount bolt by at least 10mm. This essentially allows a novice installer to bolt these up without having to make adjustments in order to get perfect fitment every time.

The relative flange angles have also been changed to ensure a perfect seal without having to "flex" the pipe/flange into position like we see on a few other popular options on the market. Without a gasket and with hand tightened bolts, the mid pipe connection seals & lines up perfectly.

I have all the popular DP's sitting at the shop right now and I can honestly say these are the easiest to install & we've incorporated the best qualities of each one. There's also few things we've done that make the the v-bands a breeze to get on and off and make installation less painful, especially with the rear turbo.

Now by my count, we've sold close to 580 sets of our original downpipes to date and even though previous version was a fantastic option, it's going to be difficult to beat this one.

Also, here's a picture of our new matte finish. It's completely different from what everyone else is doing but I'm in love with it. It really has a nicer shimmer in direct sunlight.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #97
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

A lot of the cheaper companies’ out there release V1 of their product and call it a day; VRSF in my opinion at least has shown a desire to improve their products across the board. It is appreciated.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #98
frank35
Private
Rep
Drives: 335I JB3 DCI

wow! I like ... wait until they are finished.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #99
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Later on when I have time Ill try to post side by side pic collage of vsrf/bms/raceland dpipes, for comparison.
fitment seams to be fine with all of them, with very minor exhaust pulling/twisting to fit, nothign needing fabrication so all seem gtg..
basically the smoothest inside should be the best.as long as they are all same material which they do seem to be
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #100
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Always striving to perfect. It's difficult to get everything perfect the first time around but were fortunate enough to have great customers who provide us with the feedback we need to improve our products.

The goal behind the redesign is to offer a product that doesn't require the pulling/pushing/twisting which all of us installers have grown accustom to.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #101
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

So it's got a cast bellmouth and redesigned taper. How does that exactly prevent the need for adjustment? Welded pipe sections can still make this neccesary, you know that.

I don't believe those pipes are the best quality out of the "most popular downpipes" you have unless you excluded Akra, CPE, AR, etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #102
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
So it's got a cast bellmouth and redesigned taper. How does that exactly prevent the need for adjustment? Welded pipe sections can still make this neccesary, you know that.

I don't believe those pipes are the best quality out of the "most popular downpipes" you have unless you excluded Akra, CPE, AR, etc...
There's not really a way to respond to this without disrespecting those brands you just mentioned which I'm not really interested in doing but if you'd like to discuss the reasons our product is superior to each one you mentioned ill be more than happy to do so via PM.

With that said, please at least read the entire post if you're going to initiate a debate.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #103
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
There's not really a way to respond to this without disrespecting those brands you just mentioned which I'm not really interested in doing but if you'd like to discuss the reasons our product is superior to each one you mentioned ill be more than happy to do so via PM.

With that said, please at least read the entire post if you're going to initiate a debate.
I'm asking a question, not starting a debate. I'm not clear on why a cast bellmouth and redesigned taper prevents the need for adjustment. How is this possible with welded pipe sections? There's always room for variation between pipe sections, when welded as in your photos and you know this. Please let me know what I didn't read to be clear on this?

You don't need to disrespect any brand. I listed a few quality brands of downpipes for the N54, as "popular brands" could mean anything being used vaugely. In your opinion, what popular brands do they compare/compete with?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #104
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

BSM or VRSF

raceland if you're short on cash, that's what I have and they're great install was super easy too. Just gotta make sure you get a newer batch.

| New: 2018 F80 M3 | Old: 335i / 335is | Instagram: Marcadelic |
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #105
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
I'm asking a question, not starting a debate. I'm not clear on why a cast bellmouth and redesigned taper prevents the need for adjustment. How is this possible with welded pipe sections? There's always room for variation between pipe sections, when welded as in your photos and you know this. Please let me know what I didn't read to be clear on this?

You don't need to disrespect any brand. I listed a few quality brands of downpipes for the N54, as "popular brands" could mean anything being used vaugely. In your opinion, what popular brands do they compare/compete with?
I never stated that the mouth/transition were the reason for making the lack of adjustment.

Without getting too far into the details, part of the reasons these can be installed without the pulling/pushing/rotating is mostly due to the amount of clearance in all the critical spots, the pipe routing and the fixed relative flange angles that are re-checked after the pipes have had time to cool and contract.

I'm not going to turn this into a VRSF vs AR/MS/BMS/CP-e/etc simply because that's not how I do business. As previously mentioned we have a set of each of the popular brands in hand at the shop and each have their strengths and weaknesses.

We offer a 3", CNC mandrel bent, 304 grade stainless steel downpipes with a cast inlet and offer a lifetime warranty for the indviduals who doubt the quality. As of right now, we are the only to offer a 3" downpipes with a cast mouth, not to mention it's competitively priced way below any reputable brand.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #106
Trompo
Registered
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

I'm a rookie with the N54, so without much research I bought 2.5" Megan Racing dps yesterday. I’ve had Megans in my 350z for more than three years and I’m very happy with them. I liked the price and the fact that Megans are mandrel bent not welded. After reading this thread I’m not that convinced with my purchase anymore. Any thoughts on Megan dps, performance or quality wise? thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #107
GTstunna612
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompo
I'm a rookie with the N54, so without much research I bought 2.5" Megan Racing dps yesterday. I’ve had Megans in my 350z for more than three years and I’m very happy with them. I liked the price and the fact that Megans are mandrel bent not welded. After reading this thread I’m not that convinced with my purchase anymore. Any thoughts on Megan dps, performance or quality wise? thanks
I would of put the money towards a set of BMS, VRSF ones. I was in the same situation as you and pulled the trigger on some BMS ones which are gonna get here on Monday
      03-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #108
DuDai
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

I haven't seen many comment about Agency Power Downpipes. What about those? They're under $600. Which i know is more than VSRF or BMS. But cheaper than AR.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #109
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDai View Post
I haven't seen many comment about Agency Power Downpipes. What about those? They're under $600. Which i know is more than VSRF or BMS. But cheaper than AR.
Not alot of Agency Power support around these parts, you're probably better off with the more well-know/established value brands like VRSF and BMS. I have no idea how the AP pipes fit, but there's a far larger sample size here for the other two brands.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #110
SCS15
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Sorry guys, here's a few resized pictures. I didn't have much time so I took a few shots. Please note that these are test samples and they are not production quality which means the welds/finishing isn't going to be as pretty.

We're incorporating a cast inlet which provides the smoothest transition from pipe to flange available on the market. I know CPE sells a cast inlet DP but we're the only one that maintains a smooth 3" diameter and our pipes retain the 3" diameter until a couple inches from the mid pipe connection.

We also revised the rear transition to be a bit smoother & used a different mandrel bending process to ensure the same diameter throughout the bend. Most importantly, revised the short and large pipes routing to clear both the sub frame, oil pan and transmission mount bolt by at least 10mm. This essentially allows a novice installer to bolt these up without having to make adjustments in order to get perfect fitment every time.

The relative flange angles have also been changed to ensure a perfect seal without having to "flex" the pipe/flange into position like we see on a few other popular options on the market. Without a gasket and with hand tightened bolts, the mid pipe connection seals & lines up perfectly.

I have all the popular DP's sitting at the shop right now and I can honestly say these are the easiest to install & we've incorporated the best qualities of each one. There's also few things we've done that make the the v-bands a breeze to get on and off and make installation less painful, especially with the rear turbo.

Now by my count, we've sold close to 580 sets of our original downpipes to date and even though previous version was a fantastic option, it's going to be difficult to beat this one.
When wil they be ready for sale?
JB4 G5 - Forge FMIC - VRSF V2 DP - Magnaflow 15529 Catback Exhaust - BMS Clutch Stop - BMS DCI - CDV Delete - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension - 19x8.5/10 Forgestar F14 Gloss Gunmetal - Michelin PSS - M-Sport Front & Rear - M3 Side Skirts - OEM M3 Decklid Spoiler - BMW Performance Grilles - ZHP Shift Knob - M-Sport Steering Wheel - M-Sport Door Sills
Appreciate 0