E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Kyung Baek aka Jbe90 is a scammer!!!!

08-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Kyung Baek aka Jbe90 is a scammer!!!!

Well I've been in the hunt for a JB3 v1.3 or 1.4. Out of the blue this member messages me and says he heard from a friend I was looking for one. He says he has a JB3 v1.4 for $375 shipped to me if I'm interested. I told him 100% interested and told him I would send the money right now so he can ship right away. He responds with his paypal address and asks for an additional 5% for paypal fees. I send all the money right away with my shipping address.

Five minutes later I get a response saying...

Quote:
Hello. I just recv'd your payment, thank you. I wanted to let you know that I won't be shipping it until the payment clears into by bank account. Nothing against you, but I've been burned on this site before and I hope you understand.

I'll provide you with a UPS tracking number today and as soon as the payment clears, I'll be shipping it through UPS. Paypal takes 3-4 business days, so it should ship out on Monday or at the very latest, Tuesday.
I respond telling him I am leaving to Germany for 3 weeks(which I posted about on the forums) and that I can't wait for the money to clear into his bank account and if he couldn't send the product right out then just send back my money cause I can't pick up a product that's sitting here while I'm in Germany.

He responds back...

Quote:
Hey bro. I'm sorry about the situation, we should have definitely discussed this beforehand. I tried to reverse the transfer on paypal, but it isn't letting me.
This makes me pretty worried so I start doing checks on this guy and find out that this isn't the first time this has happened. I write him back saying look man either send the product or the money back right away. He doesn't respond for some time and finally says he won't do that and he called paypal and they won't let him refund the money....which is total bullshit.

For the next hour I go back and forth with this guy offering to pay more money for shipping so it can get here before I leave. He says....

Quote:
Dude, relax, lol. I'm on the phone with paypal and if I can't get it reversed, I'm going to ship it today.

I haven't been responding because there isn't anything to update yet. But you'll either have a refund or tracking # today.
So I assume we are on the right track now...then I get a update saying to just dispute the charges and get a refund that way cause he isn't going to work with me and that if I do want it shipped I will have to wait again. So I finally give in and try to reason with the guy again and say hey look I will give you more money to ship it on Monday and this way you can send it overnight or next 2 day air. He responds by saying....

Quote:
Unforunately, the best I can do is 3 day ground. I'll be shipping out of my warehouse and we have a ground only contract with UPS. My work schedule doesn't allow me to leave the office during UPS hours to drop off a package, so I have to use our company shipping to ship items.

You'll receive your package by Thursday this way, and it would basically be the same thing as me shipping the item out tomorrow using regular UPS ground.
So now I've been jerked around enough by this guy and after reading all the problems other people have had with him I decided just to dispute the claim and take the refund.

I tell him I'm putting a dispute in and ask him to close the dispute on his end and refund my money through that method. I threatened him at this point saying I would post up on the forums about this entire deal and everything he's done if I don't get this refund. I tell him I don't trust anything he's done up to this point and that I'm not messing around any longer. After a few more PM's going back and forth he says he's going to drag the dispute in paypal out as long as legally possible to make this hell on me and that I can pretty much get fucked.

So now I'm sitting here with no JB3, No money and waiting for 30 days for paypal to close the dispute in my favor. This guy's info is below. If you ever come across him be VERY careful. He won't ship, lies, steals peoples money and the only way to get him to do anything is by threatening to ruin his name publicly. So here I am still fucked but at least you guys know not to deal with this guy. I'm posting this on 90forums, E46fanatics, Bimmerforums and anywhere else I think it's useful. I'm in the process of contacting his work and the local authorities. I know this might be over kill but I'm not one to play around. I'm leaving in less then a week for Germany and I want this handled prior. I hope no one else gets lured in by this guy and scammed like me. If you've had problems with this guy as well please contact me so I can get your information as well. Thanks!

NOTE:
I sent cash through paypal. He is waiting for the funds to withdraw out of his paypal and into his bank account. Not waiting for the funds to clear paypal.

His name is :: Kyung Baek
Email address is :: jb.barefox@hotmail.com
Address :: I'll wait to see if he gives refund.

Last edited by Tyrant 3; 08-27-2009 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

mods I just realized i put this in a general thread sorry! Please move to the appropriate place. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
i dont' see any scamming... only part is 5% paypal fee. it should've been 3%.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
i dont' see any scamming... only part is 5% paypal fee. it should've been 3%.
yeah it 3%...but totally agree. paypal policy is to wait until payment clears w/c is 24 hrs before you ship anything....seller protection

Last edited by khaye1; 08-27-2009 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: wrong info
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
Jbe90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335i E90

This is the only response I'm going to make to this thread. I don't appreciate him throwing my name out there, but whatever, he can do what he wants.

I don't know where he's getting this 30 day refund from. I told him to make a dispute so that I could contact paypal and try to get it reversed immediately. If that didn't work, I initially wanted to give him his refund after it cleared into my account (which takes 3-4 days), but he didn't want to accept that. So I offered to refund him by Saturday thinking 2 days would be enough time for the payment to be well on the way to my account.

He didn't want to accept this and basically said either refund him right away, or he's going to call my work and put me on blast with all my coworkers and boss, put me on blast here, and whatever else I can't remember.

Anyway, I just posted this to say that I never said to wait 30 days for a refund.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post
yeah it 3%...but totally agree. paypal policy is to wait until payment clears w/c is 3-5 bus days before you ship anything....seller protection
It is a violation of your Paypal user agreement to impose any surcharge for accepting payments with Paypal:

4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Source: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...a/USUA-outside

However, in the end - it's up to what the buyer and seller agree upon.

OP - I hope you guys come to an agreement and this all gets worked out.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

shit just got real
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

He has a long history of taking money and changing the plans afterwords. Do a member search of his name. I'm not the 1st or 2nd or even 3rd person he's done this to. In addition to that it doesn't matter if the money is in your paypal or your bank account if it's a reversed transaction paypal can pull the money back out.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

I guess I am left wondering why the vendor should ship before funds clear and why the OP didn´t send the funds so they would clear right away.

Quote:
I wanted to let you know that I won't be shipping it until the payment clears into by bank account.

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

Just give me back my money JB. This is bullshit I even have to post. Go to the dispute center. Hit Close Dispute and then hit refund the money. You can do this right now and it only takes 3 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira View Post
I guess I am left wondering why the vendor should ship before funds clear and why the OP didn´t send the funds so they would clear right away.
Your getting it all wrong. I sent cash through paypal. He is waiting for the funds to withdraw out of his paypal and into his bank account. Not waiting for the funds to clear paypal.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #12
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
shit just got real
no doubt!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
Jbe90
Private First Class
Rep

I remember the paypal fees being 4.9%, I guess I was wrong about that.

In either case, I'll still be issuing this guy his refund on Saturday as I told him I would. Won't be checking this thread anymore. Take care everyone.

ps, have fun with the popcorn.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #14
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm going to make sure your refund takes as long as legally possible.
This was part of my last PM from him. Don't try to act all innocent here dude. Just send me back my money right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #15
Jbe90
Private First Class
Rep

lol, I should post all the pm's you sent me, but I'm not gonna stoop there with you. Basically that was the response after I got fed up with his never ending threats. It's funny that he chose to post the last sentence when that quote was about 2-3 paragraphs.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #16
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I think the 5% paypal fee is the least important matter at hand. But wow, I click on this thread to read the 4 posts in there and by the time I caught up, posts doubled.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #17
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

That's hot.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #18
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbe90 View Post
lol, I should post all the pm's you sent me, but I'm not gonna stoop there with you. Basically that was the response after I got fed up with his never ending threats. It's funny that he chose to post the last sentence when that quote was about 2-3 paragraphs.
I openly admit I have pulled out all stops to get my money back. I don't trust you, I don't care for anymore of your excuses and I just want my money back. Shit you've said 3 times your done posting in this thread and lied about that. I told this asshole I was going to post this up on every BMW forum in the country and notify the guys work that he's scamming more then just me. JUST SEND MY MONEY BACK.

Lie #1 You said you would send as soon as I sent the money.

Lie #2 You said you would refund my money but paypal won't let you.

Lie #3 You decided you would go ahead and ship today. Then you changed your mind and said differently.

Lie #4 You say your going to refund my money on Saturday and then PM me saying your going to drag it out as long as legally possible.

Lie #5 You said your not posting in here anymore and you have like 3 or 4 times since then.

Just send my money back and crawl back into your hole.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #19
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #20
crazed792
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266164

I found this thread interesting, and is probably what the OP mentioned as others getting burned. It does sound like after they did get refunded, granted they filed complaints.

:Fans the flame and runs away!

08-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #21
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
shit just got real
LOL

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #22
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed792 View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266164

I found this thread interesting, and is probably what the OP mentioned as others getting burned. It does sound like after they did get refunded, granted they filed complaints.

:Fans the flame and runs away!

To be honest this is what set me off. I figured this guy was going to drag his feet the entire time and never send the product. That on top of the fact I'm leaving the country for 3 weeks in 6 days with $400 hanging around out there.
Appreciate 0