E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Shift Sector Single Turbo Vids?

11-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #155
AK 335i
Major
Rep
Drives: black 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
Tranny cooler is first for sure,but not the whole solution.
just a start yes. I won't be upgrading turbos until spring, so I'd imagine at the rate this platform progresses, we will have at least somewhat of a solution by then.
      11-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #156
amclint
boom
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Wedge kept up with Terry in a roll race, so I'm sure 130mph traps in the 1/4 shouldn't be a problem for him then?

Traps in the 1/4 mile tell much more about a cars power than roll races where cars don't get the hit at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #157
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i / X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W. View Post
Full disclosure?
I coulda sworn that was in a stripped 135, not a full weight 335.
All the record holding cars have the passenger seat removed, etc. There are various threads on each of the runs detailing the mods for those that are interested to search for them.

Mike
Ahhhhh yes Mike to the rescue I didn't know that you as a vendor were in competition with customers. To clarify for you my car not me holds the Stock turbo E92 record for 1/4 mile. Your wouldn't compare a geo metro with a N54 motor conversion with a 335 and likewise a gutted (we know more than a seat) 135. So lets just leave the JB VS Vishnu crap out of this thread please since I never mentioned JB in the first place. Beyond that I'm confident my car will terrorize the135 you speak of and that's Full weight. We just need to resolve the Trans issues
Based off the Vishnu St vs e63 vs e63 vs terry I call BS.
FB you keep using the A=B and B=C therefore A=C formula and see where that gets u. It's a flawed thought process. How do u account for the Vishnu E85 stock turbo (wedge) car only being beat by one car length against Terry. That's twice not one time. So you can call BS and I will say you can't beat the laws of Physics. Wait for the race I'm sure Terry will have a new Trans and I will have resolved my Trans issues. I didn't build this car to sit on the sidelines while key board warriors talked Crap. I have more skin in the game and will prove what my Single 6AT is worth, in a direct run no BS about this equals this crud.

Ps I didn't see the e63 vs ST run. Provide a link who did he run.
Sikh, you are saying not to use the a,b,c strategy, yet in the same post mentioning wedge vs terry run, which was badly botched use my run with wedge as an example instead, it was a pretty clean run... Terry vs e63 was also a clean run, and me vs e63 have had multiple clean runs. Which leads me to believe that terry would put bus length on wedge in a clean run. Again, can't stress enough that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHOSE CAR IS FASTER, WE DO THIS FOR FUN AND SHOULD SHOW MUTUAL RESPECT! Everybody was very cool at the event, so i dont understand why some guys are getting keyboard happy as soon as they're out of sight... Dont worry, be happy
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #158
SIKH335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal335xi
Wedge kept up with Terry in a roll race, so I'm sure 130mph traps in the 1/4 shouldn't be a problem for him then?

Traps in the 1/4 mile tell much more about a cars power than roll races where cars don't get the hit at the same time.
That my point bud lets not get ahead of ourselves with the A=B and B=C therefore A=C bull. Just wait for good clean data one on one.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #159
SIKH335
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Full disclosure?
All the record holding cars have the passenger seat removed, etc. There are various threads on each of the runs detailing the mods for those that are interested to search for them.

Mike
Ahhhhh yes Mike to the rescue I didn't know that you as a vendor were in competition with customers. To clarify for you my car not me holds the Stock turbo E92 record for 1/4 mile. Your wouldn't compare a geo metro with a N54 motor conversion with a 335 and likewise a gutted (we know more than a seat) 135. So lets just leave the JB VS Vishnu crap out of this thread please since I never mentioned JB in the first place. Beyond that I'm confident my car will terrorize the135 you speak of and that's Full weight. We just need to resolve the Trans issues
FB you keep using the A=B and B=C therefore A=C formula and see where that gets u. It's a flawed thought process. How do u account for the Vishnu E85 stock turbo (wedge) car only being beat by one car length against Terry. That's twice not one time. So you can call BS and I will say you can't beat the laws of Physics. Wait for the race I'm sure Terry will have a new Trans and I will have resolved my Trans issues. I didn't build this car to sit on the sidelines while key board warriors talked Crap. I have more skin in the game and will prove what my Single 6AT is worth, in a direct run no BS about this equals this crud.

Sikh, you are saying not to use the a,b,c strategy, yet in the same post mentioning wedge vs terry run, which was badly botched use my run with wedge as an example instead, it was a pretty clean run... Terry vs e63 was also a clean run, and me vs e63 have had multiple clean runs. Which leads me to believe that terry would put bus length on wedge in a clean run. Again, can't stress enough that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHOSE CAR IS FASTER, WE DO THIS FOR FUN AND SHOULD SHOW MUTUAL RESPECT! Everybody was very cool at the event, so i dont understand why some guys are getting keyboard happy as soon as they're out of sight... Dont worry, be happy
My point simply is don't assume the results will be the same if two cars that ran a mutual car showed specific results. I think we are agreeing on this based in what you have wrote.

But just to be clear Terry ran Wedge two times. And the 2nd time he got a Hugh jump at the start by about 6 cars. I would back away from uour assumption as they did have two runs with similar results despite Terry's jump on run 2
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #160
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Full disclosure?

Mike

My point simply is don't assume the results will be the same if two cars that ran a mutual car showed specific results. I think we are agreeing on this based in what you have wrote.
You can use a=b b=c a=c only when clean runs are in, and both parties confirm that there were no mistakes made during the run. If that's the case, it leaves little room for error. But i do agree that all these "keyboard warriors", as you called them, should not be speculating who beat who, and which car is faster or slower just by seeing the video without knowing the story behind it...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #161
SIKH335
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Sick agreed. But there are always variables with runs and very rarely do you get clean runs all around. The inside lane on this event was terrible for instance. But either way I hope I can figure the Trans issue out and will let you know as soon as I do so we can have our cars running well for a good clean run.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #162
AYF80
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj View Post
for me while I wait for "updates" the first logical step is to fit a tranny cooler. I'll be doing that very soon. it can only help as heat is one of the biggest killers with ATs
Im going to do the same and add that new cooler "kit" as well man. So far i haven't had any issues with my current trans. Cant say the same for the last one though. But when i had the HPF single on over the summer it held fine. However that was on low boost. But things are about to change in the next one to two weeks as all of the fabrication is now complete and my car is in full assembly mode.

Im really hoping you guys can find a cause and solution very quickly. I would be pissed to find out I'm building a lost cause.

Eric.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #163
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sick agreed. But there are always variables with runs and very rarely do you get clean runs all around. The inside lane on this event was terrible for instance. But either way I hope I can figure the Trans issue out and will let you know as soon as I do so we can have our cars running well for a good clean run.
Yea, i still got to put some love into my suspension before going hard at the track again. Still need my half shafts and lsd. And trans of course has to be figured out as well. Are u guys assuming its the torque converter as well?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #164
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1
Quote:
for me while I wait for "updates" the first logical step is to fit a tranny cooler. I'll be doing that very soon. it can only help as heat is one of the biggest killers with ATs
Im going to do the same and add that new cooler "kit" as well man. So far i haven't had any issues with my current trans. Cant say the same for the last one though. But when i had the HPF single on over the summer it held fine. However that was on low boost. But things are about to change in the next one to two weeks as all of the fabrication is now complete and my car is in full assembly mode.

Im really hoping you guys can find a cause and solution very quickly. I would be pissed to find out I'm building a lost cause.

Eric.
Hey Eric, im sure the trans will be sorted out shortly. There's only a number of things it could be...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #165
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Hey Eric, im sure the trans will be sorted out shortly. There's only a number of things it could be...
agreed
      11-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #166
SIKH335
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
We have a good idea as to what it is. I will post results when certain as I don't like to speculate.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #167
Dave W.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon

Anyone else see the irony?
The thread was titled, 'No More Speculation..." lol
Now that the race is over there's been nothing but speculation! haha!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #168
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal335xi View Post

Not sure who you are or why you're making statements about my race with Terry. My recommendation is stop trolling because you're just making a bad rep for yourself.

Everyone who knows anything at all knows that Terry's car is stripped. He's probably 600 lbs lighter and running upgraded RB turbo's. Of course he pulled on me. He's also has 70 to 80 whp on me. Even Serg (Sick335) who was kicking ass and taking names has a weight advantage and 70 to 80 whp. I had no chance in hell, but I ran them anyway because that's racing. I had a blast. I don't care who's tune you're running. I honestly wish more JB, GIAC, and COBB cars would have shown up for this race. If you count the number of BMW 135 & 335's that arrived, the vast majority were PROcede cars. So before anyone starts bashing based on tune, ask yourself why you didn't show up? Talk is cheep. If you were less then 1000 miles from this event and you're sitting at home making comments about this event and you didn't drive to participate you should just go sell your car because you're not worthy.

I got out of the throttle in forth and then got back in once I realized Terry was still pulling. I honestly thought something was wrong otherwise I would have stayed in it.

Not much of a chance considering he pulls on me anyway, but apparently he didn't want to take the chance I would do the same thing as I did in the first race. All in all I had a good time.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #169
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post

Eric.
Hey man, checked out your ride on the rack at HPF yesterday. Looks sick. If you're coming to Portland when you get back, let me know. I'll drive over to visit when you pick your car up.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 03:06 AM   #170
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Hahaha Wedge, the ending of the second vid is priceless lol
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #171
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post

But just to be clear Terry ran Wedge two times. And the 2nd time he got a Hugh jump at the start by about 6 cars. I would back away from uour assumption as they did have two runs with similar results despite Terry's jump on run 2
From his post Terry said he turned down the boost to only 18psi on his second run with Wedge and he still walked away easily from the video. Terry makes 520rw at full boost but at 18psi only 475rw. Wedge makes 450rw. So the results make sense. This is the video of that run. Terry doesn't even start until a few cars after the cones as he is waiting for Wedge to catch up.

Now what doesn't make sense to me is that Shiv with 800rw is only 2-3 cars ahead of Longboarder, and that Longboarder beat CaptainInsano with 700rw. Both are two well running manual transmission cars. None of the automatic problems with those? Yet Longboarder lost to the tuned E63 and barely beat the two other RB cars there by maybe 1-2 cars at most. So forgetting about the automatics that make less HP and were having problems even the high HP single turbo cars seemed not much faster than the RB cars making 100-200hp less on the dyno.

Regardless I hope you get the trans problems figured out and I'm looking forward to seeing how single turbo automatics run at the track!

Mike
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #172
N54 TuNeR
///Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 '08 335i Sedan

so with the AT issues whats a good AT trans cooler to use?if someone can tell me

Last edited by N54 TuNeR; 11-18-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #173
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Anyone else see the irony?
The thread was titled, 'No More Speculation..." lol
Now that the race is over there's been nothing but speculation! haha!

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #174
amclint
boom
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Not sure who you are or why you're making statements about my race with Terry. My recommendation is stop trolling because you're just making a bad rep for yourself.
Sarcasm/joke...don't get your panties in a bunch, you might get a "Wedge"-e

And at making a bad 'rep', on this forum I'm small potatoes to the known heavy weights.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #175
AK 335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 TuNeR View Post
so with the AT issues whats a good AT trans cooler to use?if someone can tell me
ANy reputable transmission shop or performance shop should be able to make something work.. theres a thread about a guy who did one at PSI. I think hes the only one to do it, so either hit up Frank@PSI or just drop a line to a known shop that does custom work.
      11-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #176
N54 TuNeR
///Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 '08 335i Sedan

Quote:
ANy reputable transmission shop or performance shop should be able to make something work.. theres a thread about a guy who did one at PSI. I think hes the only one to do it, so either hit up Frank@PSI or just drop a line to a known shop that does custom work.
thx !
Appreciate 0