E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Swapping E87 1-Series and E91 3-Series Seats Over

06-07-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
survivalist
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i MSport

Swapping E87 1-Series and E91 3-Series Seats Over

I'm currently running both a 335i Touring and a 130i 5-Door.

I'm pretty much the only person that drives the 130, but share the 335 with my wife. Annoyingly while the 130 has full electric seats with driver memory, while the 335i only has part electric seats. I think you can see where this is going ....

As far as I can see all the physical mounting points etc are identical. So I'm wondering if I can just swap them over? Based on a fair bit of googling I'm 99% sure the seats themselves should be plug and play (inc seat heating as I have that on both), however I'm not sure about the memory function?

Ideally I'd like to be able to use the memory function with the 2 separate keys, that way whoever opens the car get's their seats moved to their memory position. 2nd best option would be hitting the button on the side of the seat (still better than squeezing myself into the seat to reach the slider which is what happens currently.

If anyone has any experience of retrofitting the fully electric seats and know if/what coding is required it'd be very much appreciated.

ETA - they are both pre-lci 2006 models if that helps

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by survivalist; 06-07-2018 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: additional info
Appreciate 0