Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Replacement RFTs for 325i w/SP

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
bruinbear
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 325i

Replacement RFTs for 325i w/SP

In the event that I need to replace my RFTs (hopefully not soon *knock on wood*) I wanted to replace them with all-season RFTs. I take some weekend trips to the local mountains and Mammoth sometimes and the all-season capability would come in handy. I know all-seasons don't work perfect in heavy snow but I am not dumb enough to use them in heavy snow.

I looked around for tires and found the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S RFTs. Only problem is that they only come in 235/45/17 while my current tires are not that size. Being a newbie here I was wondering if I could fit them onto all 4 of my current wheels and just run one size of tire. It says they fit wheels between 7.5 to 9.5 inches in width.

Here is the tirerack link:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Nero+M%26S+RFT

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
      01-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Sounds like they would - the width of your front mag is 8.o and 8.5 in the back. In the back the tire will ook a little more in-set as compared to your current setup which runs 255s in the back
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2007, 05:53 AM   #3
subframe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i TitSil 6mt ZSP, ZPP,

I just noticed on Tire Rack that the P Zero Nero comes in a runflat. Has anybody tried it? (Tire Rack only has one consumer review on it so far.)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
nyc3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista View Post
Sounds like they would - the width of your front mag is 8.o and 8.5 in the back. In the back the tire will ook a little more in-set as compared to your current setup which runs 255s in the back
The XI sports are 159's unless he paid extra for the 161's. The 159's take 225/45/17 while the 161 rear can handle 255's. I'd pick the same size rims on tirerack and see which tires they match you up with. Tirerack ppl know their stuff.
Appreciate 0