E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2013 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

03-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #111
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Attached Images

03-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #112
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
wtf was Alonso thinking...

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #113
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Funniest podium I've ever seen - none of them looked particularly happy to be there (except Newey). No matter whether you think Vettel was fine passing Weber or it was obvious he knew that he done something wrong once he got out of the car. It may not amount to much in the long run, but I'm sure Red Bull is going to emphasize the importance of winning the constructor's prize, which may be the same lecture Alonso gets.

Also there were some classic pit lane screw ups today with unfastened wheels, collisions and stripped lugs.
      03-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #114
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
yea, exactly.

Although I may agree that VET is overall a better driver than WEB, it wasnt a fair move, WEB already had turned his engine mapping down and thought VET had too. He did his best to defend and keep it safe.
Do you think it takes 24 hours to turn his mapping back up? I GUARANTEE he flicked the switch and had FULL power within milliseconds when he saw Seb coming. Fact is MW couldn't stand losing, after throwing everything he had at it.
Rosberg should have had the nuts to do the same. Now he's shown the world he's the #2 unequivocally. Look how long it took Massa to get his stones back.

I'm pissed at SV for apologizing too. You'd never see the likes of Prost or Senna doing that. But then again, this is today's F1 where actually having a 'character' is frowned upon.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #115
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
wtf was Alonso thinking...
According to Ted Kravis notebook section (SkySportsF1), during the first lap, sensors reporting downforce loading was fine. Despite the graphics on TV, the engineers reporting fine based on the telemetries.

The pitwall finally acknowledged the issue after Alonso passed the pit entrance and it was all too late.
      03-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #116
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Keyword of the weekend..."Multi 21"
      03-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #117
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
Anyone who watched the race knows that wasn't "fine". lol

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #118
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
What leaves the bitter taste to some people was the agreement between drivers before the race. If there wasn't any race strategy between them, and no team orders, etc. It was fine and a fantastic battle nonetheless.
      03-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #119
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Do you think it takes 24 hours to turn his mapping back up? I GUARANTEE he flicked the switch and had FULL power within milliseconds when he saw Seb coming. Fact is MW couldn't stand losing, after throwing everything he had at it.
Rosberg should have had the nuts to do the same. Now he's shown the world he's the #2 unequivocally. Look how long it took Massa to get his stones back.

I'm pissed at SV for apologizing too. You'd never see the likes of Prost or Senna doing that. But then again, this is today's F1 where actually having a 'character' is frowned upon.
Strong wording mate. You 'GUARANTEE'? Don't get me wrong you could well be right but no one can know, if I was to do some speculation I'd say Webber thought better of continuing the dog fight for the sake of keeping the chances of both cars taking each other out to a minimum. Webber could have run Seb off the track at the end of their little tussle but most likely would have copped a worse bollocking from management than Seb would due to the relationship that he has with them, but putting those things aside it is what it is.

I actually don't think Massa has grown any balls as you have suggested, he was just not driving to his full potential last session barring the back end when he picked up some form and/or became more comfortable with the balance of an other wise rubbish car (yes Fernando is still a better driver). This year is just a continuation of his form, he hasn't flicked Stefano the bird and indicated he is going all out for himself or anything.

Anyway respect your opinion and I do think Vettel is a better driver on the whole compared to Mark but in these circumstances with what information has become public he was not cool to do what he did and it wasn't necessarily because he was so much faster than Mark on the day. Mark I thought had good pace and was just playing by the books so to speak. Seb has indeed got character, he showed the ugly side of his today!
      03-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #120
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
clearly the message was a team order message from the RBR pitwall
and WEB has stated repeatedly he DOES NOT obey team orders himself
why is everyone crying for him today?
WEB needs to stop disillusioning himself as a WDC contender
he's a #2 end of conversation
i condone VET's move today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I 100% agree. It wasn't long ago, last season, that the same guy who's crying and bitching today about team orders was claiming he would continue racing with the purpose or winning and didn't care much in aiding VET in his title chase even if it meant the championship on the line. Now he's bitching and mopping how he turned his mapping off when asked and VET passed him. Cry me a river Mark...

I commend VET. I understand this is a team sport but it's also competitive racing so spare me the team speech. If I was VET I wouldn't give an apology but would tell the media "Reese Bobby: if you ain't first you're last!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #121
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I don't agree with the people backing Vettel, and Webber has been obeying team orders for the last 2 years watching Vettel ride off to the triple consecutive world championship with the full support of the team. There is certainly one word that can't be used to describe Vettel today, and that is 'gracious'. Regarding the pass itself, there is something to be said for momentum. Simply turning the engine back up can't be considered an adequate defense when done in snap reaction to a calculated and deliberate attack on the lead. Especially since he had been reassured multiple times that the action was reciprocated by his teammate. I think greed and glory is the theme today for the winner.

Overall a great race to watch until the last pitstop phase. Had Merc not ran into fuel issues, I think the ending of that race would have been one of the more legendary. 2 pairs of team cars fighting it out.

Last edited by UltimateBMW; 03-24-2013 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #122
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
I never liked this track.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #123
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I don't agree with the people backing Vettel, and Webber has been obeying team orders for the last 2 years watching Vettel ride off to the triple consecutive world championship with the full support of the team. There is certainly one word that can't be used to describe Vettel today, and that is 'gracious'. Regarding the pass itself, there is something to be said for momentum. Simply turning the engine back up can't be considered an adequate defense when done in snap reaction to a calculated and deliberate attack on the lead. Especially since he had been reassured multiple times that the action was reciprocated by his teammate. I think greed and glory is the theme today for the winner.

Overall a great race to watch until the last pitstop phase. Had Merc not ran into fuel issues, I think the ending of that race would have been one of the more legendary. 2 pairs of team cars fighting it out.
VET is a racing champ, he is not applying for sainthood. Senna, Prost and Schumi all were also champs and all did mea culpas, let's not crucify VET for this. I'll contend the racing with WEB might have caused a repeat of Turkey with 43 bagged points for RBR gone poof; that being said, it was WEB who was the bigger man and in the end, let VET through. At the end of the day, it was maximum points for the Infiniti Red Bull Racing F1 team, this will blow over quickly and we will race again in Shanghai in 3 weeks. F1 is soooooo much drama
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #124
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Do people seriously think WEBBER actually had a chance to win an F1 championship? If you do... Lay off the cool-aid. This guy has not come in second place in the points standing at the end of any season while with RBR, let alone any season while in F1. WEBBER is the modern day Rubens Barrichello.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #125
ace11
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M - A1 quattro - S3

feel bad for ROS though... years on the team and then is supposed to let the "new guy" on the team come in 3rd..??
      03-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #126
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM3DCT View Post
Do people seriously think WEBBER actually had a chance to win an F1 championship? If you do... Lay off the cool-aid. This guy has not come in second place in the points standing at the end of any season while with RBR, let alone any season while in F1. WEBBER is the modern day Rubens Barrichello.
With all due respect, you must have been asleep during 2010. Alonso was the favorite going into the last race, with Webber his main competition. Vettel and Hamilton were both long shots to win.

And I'm not even a Webber fan, I drink my Hamilton Kool-Aid en masse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace11 View Post
feel bad for ROS though... years on the team and then is supposed to let the "new guy" on the team come in 3rd..??
Let the new guy, who the entire team is being revitalized around with personnel coming in to support, come in 3rd. It's not like Rosberg was racing for Mercedes pro bono for those years either. I feel bad for Rosberg, but let's not crucify Hamilton for it. Hamilton's effect on the team has been nothing but positive so far. If nothing else, he has spurred their fighting spirit such that Mercedes are a serious contender this year.

Last edited by UltimateBMW; 03-24-2013 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #127
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
VET is a racing champ, he is not applying for sainthood. Senna, Prost and Schumi all were also champs and all did mea culpas, let's not crucify VET for this. I'll contend the racing with WEB might have caused a repeat of Turkey with 43 bagged points for RBR gone poof; that being said, it was WEB who was the bigger man and in the end, let VET through. At the end of the day, it was maximum points for the Infiniti Red Bull Racing F1 team, this will blow over quickly and we will race again in Shanghai in 3 weeks. F1 is soooooo much drama
I absolutely support wheel to wheel racing like seb and mark did.
Just not the way how it had worked out, when both agreed upon doing the strategy planned originally. Then one just didn't quite honor the agreement and go ahead racing and "perhaps" caught mark off guard a bit?

In Seb's mind, of course he is also wanted to win and also he might looking at the bigger picture. Just remember how close the championship was back in 2010 and 2012. He might think that 7 points could be make him a 4 WDC in a row or just three.

I'm just loving this. Just two races and we got plenty to talk. The three week break will seem less painful.
      03-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #128
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
With all due respect, you must have been asleep during 2010. Alonso was the favorite going into the last race, with Webber his main competition. Vettel and Hamilton were both long shots to win.

And I'm not even a Webber fan, I drink my Hamilton Kool-Aid en masse.
I remember and I agree but typical Webber he chocked and when it was all said and done he was 3rd in the points standing.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #129
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I absolutely support wheel to wheel racing like seb and mark did.
Just not the way how it had worked out, when both agreed upon doing the strategy planned originally. Then one just didn't quite honor the agreement and go ahead racing and "perhaps" caught mark off guard a bit?

In Seb's mind, of course he is also wanted to win and also he might looking at the bigger picture. Just remember how close the championship was back in 2010 and 2012. He might think that 7 points could be make him a 4 WDC in a row or just three.

I'm just loving this. Just two races and we got plenty to talk. The three week break will seem less painful.
i'm loving the discussion too!

also remember what VET said after quali, he said when you're on pole, you also wanna finish P1...that was a nice preambule to what we witnessed during the race

his exact quote was "If you start in the front, you always want to finish there as well"

being on pole at Albert Park and at again at Sepang, finishing P2 woulda had a 0/2 pole to win conversion for him....I am SURE he was thinking of that when he decided to challenge WEB; said fuck team orders, I need my 50%
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #130
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Despite another Red Bull 1-2, but this time they were less comfortable when both Mercedes breathing down their neck. Wish to see Ferrari and Lotus in the mix as well.

I wonder how much both VET and WEB had left in the potential, and if HAM or ROS were able to challenge the RBs more with more fuel in it. And how much fuel weight penalty to the mercs.
      03-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #131
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List

03-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #132
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep